Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not worried 22:13 - Aug 21 with 928 viewsGarv

Tonight didn't tell us anything new imo, albeit I didn't watch it. The result I mean.

Derby are still Derby. We were loving the uncertainty surrounding Lampard's iffy start and philosophy and using that as confidence but let's be brutal they're a mile ahead of us. They appear to have won with two decent strikes/bits of quality.

The point still stands that we are creating little and struggling to impose ourselves. People don't like to hear it but we are still four league games in and we still need bags of time.

I agree with the notion that we need to give two strikers a go together, but I'm not up for chucking the whole plan out the window and starting again. A ballsy move may have been at half time today having played well to bring another striker on and try and force the issue while confidence was up.

We wanted a long term plan, we've got one. The positivity we got from the Villa game shouldn't be lost in my opinion. Sounds like Donacien and Nsiala had good games today which is encouraging.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not worried on 22:23 - Aug 21 with 868 viewsjas0999

Do yourself a favour, don’t watch the highlights. This was poor.
Not worried on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 842 viewschristiand

The funny thing was Garv for all Derby’s ‘names’ in their line up there was nothing between the sides up until half time. Admittedly, the first half wasn't that enlightening, but Town were more than holding their own and if anything finishing the stronger and looking the more composed.

Generally, the football is better under PH and even Stevie Wonder can see that. It just worries me how we just don’t look capable of scoring a goal or more than one goal a game and that ultimately could be the reason we find ourselves in problems this season. Whether that’s the personnel or the formation being used? I understand PH is still looking for a CB in the loan window, he could do with bringing in an experienced forward with pedigree to help Harrison with the workload. Hope PH asks Lampard about Martin’s availability. His strength, clever touches and hold up play are what we lack currently in that final third. Imagine Harrison or Jackson playing off him? We’d be a different proposition as an attacking force.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Not worried on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 843 viewsportmanking

I wanted a long-term plan, but not one that resulted in us losing the majority of our Championship experience and proven performers in favour of untried 'projects'.
Not worried on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 825 viewsGarv

Not worried on 22:26 - Aug 21 by christiand

The funny thing was Garv for all Derby’s ‘names’ in their line up there was nothing between the sides up until half time. Admittedly, the first half wasn't that enlightening, but Town were more than holding their own and if anything finishing the stronger and looking the more composed.

Generally, the football is better under PH and even Stevie Wonder can see that. It just worries me how we just don’t look capable of scoring a goal or more than one goal a game and that ultimately could be the reason we find ourselves in problems this season. Whether that’s the personnel or the formation being used? I understand PH is still looking for a CB in the loan window, he could do with bringing in an experienced forward with pedigree to help Harrison with the workload. Hope PH asks Lampard about Martin’s availability. His strength, clever touches and hold up play are what we lack currently in that final third. Imagine Harrison or Jackson playing off him? We’d be a different proposition as an attacking force.

I agree. We don't have any kind of presence up front so when at times it has to go long, we aren't able to make it stick.

Not worried on 22:29 - Aug 21 with 818 viewsDublinBlue84

Not worried on 22:26 - Aug 21 by portmanking

I wanted a long-term plan, but not one that resulted in us losing the majority of our Championship experience and proven performers in favour of untried 'projects'.

That is my concern as well, I fear we'd have been better off with one or two less players brought in and used it to bring in better strikers to offer a threat up front.

The worrying thing is Hurst's comments tonight about lack of fortune, deflection meaning we lost, deflections don't help, but our biggest problem right now is a lack of goal threat.

It has to be addressed rather than glossed over.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Not worried on 22:32 - Aug 21 with 788 viewschristiand

Not worried on 22:28 - Aug 21 by Garv

I agree. We don't have any kind of presence up front so when at times it has to go long, we aren't able to make it stick.

I honestly don’t know much about Harrison or Jackson only from what I’ve read and seen in glimpses from matches. For me, neither of them are capable of playing that lone striker role, but they have other attributes. Playing off a big striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game - I personally feel both would flourish.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Not worried on 22:35 - Aug 21 with 757 viewsGarv

Not worried on 22:26 - Aug 21 by portmanking

We should be looking to get an attacker in who has some champ pedigree, I agree.

Not a great deal we can do about who has gone out.

McGoldrick - was on silly money by all accounts, sick note, wanted to leave.
Waghorn - good money, wanted to leave, enabled us to bring in two younger and hopefully important players.
Garner - wanted to leave, almost doubled our money on him.
Webster - injury prone, got silly money for him.

You can counter the argument by saying we should have bought more experienced players, and I can't really argue with that. However, PH is using HIS experience by doing it, so I'm fine with that. The football is better, I expect results to come.

Edwards is an untried project, and so far he looks pretty quality.

Not worried on 22:40 - Aug 21 with 728 viewsportmanking

Not worried on 22:35 - Aug 21 by Garv

We should be looking to get an attacker in who has some champ pedigree, I agree.

Not a great deal we can do about who has gone out.

McGoldrick - was on silly money by all accounts, sick note, wanted to leave.
Waghorn - good money, wanted to leave, enabled us to bring in two younger and hopefully important players.
Garner - wanted to leave, almost doubled our money on him.
Webster - injury prone, got silly money for him.

You can counter the argument by saying we should have bought more experienced players, and I can't really argue with that. However, PH is using HIS experience by doing it, so I'm fine with that. The football is better, I expect results to come.

Edwards is an untried project, and so far he looks pretty quality.

I just feel the approach of signing 9 players that have never kicked a ball in this league is utter suicide.

That's the bottom line for me. They might well get up to speed or show promise by February, but we could be cut adrift by then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024