Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning 09:10 - Aug 6 with 2484 viewsSteve_M

Nothing new here but still a stark reminder of our current place in football's pecking order.

There's more here: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:24 - Aug 6 with 2425 viewsVic

The stand out to me is what a monumental mess Norwich have made of things!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:29 - Aug 6 with 2400 viewsSteve_M

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:24 - Aug 6 by Vic

Oh, yes there are silver linings there.

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 2345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:24 - Aug 6 by Vic

#FarkeLife

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 2325 viewsLesta_Tractor

I could probably work it out myself, but it's Monday and I'm feeling lazy...

How much further up the revenue table would we be if we had regular crowds somewhere around the 25k mark?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 2325 viewsrickw

7 teams made a 20m+ loss there, 6 of them have been promoted - you can see why clubs take that gamble! (not suggesting we do though)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:03 - Aug 6 with 2307 viewsrickw

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:57 - Aug 6 by Lesta_Tractor

How much further up the revenue table would we be if we had regular crowds somewhere around the 25k mark?

In 2016 or match day revenue was 6.5m on a 19k avg. attendence, so by that logic it would increase another 2m if we get up to 25k.

So in answer to your question - 1 place higher!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:08 - Aug 6 with 2283 viewsSteve_M

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 09:57 - Aug 6 by Lesta_Tractor

Not that much, looking at match day revenue it would only be another two or three million per season.

Derby had another 13,000 on average attendance and made £9m compared to our £5m.

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:08 - Aug 6 with 2284 viewsMullet

Am I missing something or is there only 23 clubs there? Either way 8 of them are being subsidised through cheat payments for failure. That is disgusting and shows how crooked the system is in so many ways.

Looking at those tables it seems clear what an advantage they then have. If you have a player on £70k a week in the championship that's on you.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:43 - Aug 6 with 2200 viewsBluefish

And yet still some people hate Marcus Evans because they think he is profiteering from us. Imagine being that person

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:47 - Aug 6 with 2179 viewsRadlett_blue

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:08 - Aug 6 by Mullet

Am I missing something or is there only 23 clubs there? Either way 8 of them are being subsidised through cheat payments for failure. That is disgusting and shows how crooked the system is in so many ways.

Looking at those tables it seems clear what an advantage they then have. If you have a player on £70k a week in the championship that's on you.

The rules have been changed with regard to FFP & how much you are allowed to lose, now over a 3 year period. This was in response to a large number of clubs who thought that FFP prevented them from being able to compete with the parachute clubs.
No system is ideal and the biggest problem with enforcing rules is that if a club is promoted, then the FL has no jurisdiction until relegation. Hence Leicester & Bournemouth, both of whom breached FFP, got way with paying what became a meaningless fine.
The scary thing for me was that Huddersfield, whom some held up as an example of how you can play good football & get promoted on a shoestring, lost £20m in their promotion season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:49 - Aug 6 with 2173 viewsPJH

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:08 - Aug 6 by Mullet

Barnsley are not on that 2016/17 table for some reason.
Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:56 - Aug 6 with 2142 viewsMullet

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:47 - Aug 6 by Radlett_blue

The rules have been changed with regard to FFP & how much you are allowed to lose, now over a 3 year period. This was in response to a large number of clubs who thought that FFP prevented them from being able to compete with the parachute clubs.
No system is ideal and the biggest problem with enforcing rules is that if a club is promoted, then the FL has no jurisdiction until relegation. Hence Leicester & Bournemouth, both of whom breached FFP, got way with paying what became a meaningless fine.
The scary thing for me was that Huddersfield, whom some held up as an example of how you can play good football & get promoted on a shoestring, lost £20m in their promotion season.

For me it's just covering their own backs a little. No one should get paid for being relegated from a league, let alone once you're no longer in it.

Anyone cheating as Bournemouth did, should be completed gutted and expelled from league football. If the reward is massive, so should the risk. I'd happily burn every club for cheating and see if anyone lower down then steps up.

But the big clubs are happy for 24pts or so a season from these padded minnows scrapping to stay up there I suspect, and then take any decent players they find off them too.

I think the way in which the media distorted the runs of Bournemouth and Huddersfield shows exactly what it takes to perform these "miracles". We as fans who see teams come and go for a decade and a half know that better than anyone.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 11:06 - Aug 6 with 2104 viewsSteve_M

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:49 - Aug 6 by PJH

Barnsley are not on that 2016/17 table for some reason.

Thay haven't published full accounts:

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 11:08 - Aug 6 with 2098 viewsRadlett_blue

Swiss Ramble has done Championship finances for 2016-17 this morning on 10:56 - Aug 6 by Mullet

For me it's just covering their own backs a little. No one should get paid for being relegated from a league, let alone once you're no longer in it.

Anyone cheating as Bournemouth did, should be completed gutted and expelled from league football. If the reward is massive, so should the risk. I'd happily burn every club for cheating and see if anyone lower down then steps up.

But the big clubs are happy for 24pts or so a season from these padded minnows scrapping to stay up there I suspect, and then take any decent players they find off them too.

I think the way in which the media distorted the runs of Bournemouth and Huddersfield shows exactly what it takes to perform these "miracles". We as fans who see teams come and go for a decade and a half know that better than anyone.

The large & growing problem is the huge gulf between the TV income from the PL to the 2nd tier. Bottom club WBA earned £95m last season from TV.
If parachute payments were abolished, as you seem to be suggesting, most relegated clubs would go into admin the next season, as happened in 2002 in the wake of the ITV Digital fiasco. All very well saying that clubs should put relegation wage-cut clauses into players' contracts, but it's a competitive world & then those who do that will struggle to sign decent players.
Trying to enforce draconian FFP rules will only lead to lengthy, expensive litigation, as happened with QPR. Yes, I hated the whole QPR thing & thought it absurd that a relegated club could try to buy it's way out of trouble by spending completely unsustainable sums.
The only way forward would be if the whole game was properly & independently regulated, but any move to do that would be blocked by the big clubs - who already have the FA in their thrall - and their lawyers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024