Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks 13:53 - Aug 2 with 3652 viewsDanFord

It is nice to see one of the country's leading newspapers picked me to represent you all. Hopefully I did alright and you can see me in a new light.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/02/championship-2018-19-fans-clubs

[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:00]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 2938 viewsnshearman1

Wonderful news
Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 2914 viewsJ2BLUE

Fair play you've done well there. Realistic expectations with the mild threat of more and given other fans a good reason why we might not be the cannon fodder they're expecting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 2915 viewsjeera

Country's.

All you have done is name some players and slate MM.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 2898 viewsSwansea_Blue

Slap on the wrists for no cheese reference though

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:00 - Aug 2 with 2886 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:58 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Fair play you've done well there. Realistic expectations with the mild threat of more and given other fans a good reason why we might not be the cannon fodder they're expecting.

They've shortened it by a couple of lines and I didn't write the last line but they've captured what I meant anyway. I had inferred that we wanted to work towards a clear plan of slowly building to be a competitive side rather than just building anything, but that should be fairly obvious I guess.

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:01 - Aug 2 with 2867 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 13:58 - Aug 2 by jeera

Country's.

All you have done is name some players and slate MM.

Do you not think it relevant to explain why we are actually optimistic that we have a manager trying to entertain the fans and win rather than one that didn't give two hoots about entertainment and always tried not to lose first? It's a huge part of why the club feels rejuvenated.

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:01 - Aug 2 with 2868 viewsslump

TTH fella.

UTT

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 2849 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:01 - Aug 2 by slump

TTH fella.

Who are ya! Who are ya! Who are ya!

Login to get fewer ads

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 2813 viewsslump

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:03 - Aug 2 by DanFord

Who are ya! Who are ya! Who are ya!

Silly boy.

UTT

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:22 - Aug 2 with 2672 viewsGarv

I expected just a few lines so I kept mine short and sweet. Never mind.

Good comments, though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 2624 viewsIllinoisblue

how much did they edit it for you?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:33 - Aug 2 with 2575 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:26 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

They amalgamated my last 3 lines into about a line and a half.

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:39 - Aug 2 with 2534 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic when you seem to be one of the least representative.

I think the MM stuff was poorly done — neither necessary, accurate nor particularly forward-looking.

Pronouns: He/Him

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:41 - Aug 2 with 2518 viewswkj

Where is this balanced and considered approach in your forum posts?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:43 - Aug 2 with 2508 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pretty much agree with that until the final line - implies that we’ve been merely surviving in recent years which clearly isn’t the case

But I can see from other posts in the thread that your comments have been edited so appreciate that might not quite be what you were trying to say there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:45 - Aug 2 with 2477 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:43 - Aug 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Pretty much agree with that until the final line - implies that we’ve been merely surviving in recent years which clearly isn’t the case

But I can see from other posts in the thread that your comments have been edited so appreciate that might not quite be what you were trying to say there

Yeah I emphasised that it was really about implementing a plan that would see us make slow and steady progress at worse, like Harry would say is the blueprint for Brentford, Millwall, Preston etc and my survival comments, which they have misrepresented, were how this plan is to move us away from what the media see as our ceiling - just surviving due to our budget.

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:49 - Aug 2 with 2447 viewsDarth_Koont

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:45 - Aug 2 by DanFord

Yeah I emphasised that it was really about implementing a plan that would see us make slow and steady progress at worse, like Harry would say is the blueprint for Brentford, Millwall, Preston etc and my survival comments, which they have misrepresented, were how this plan is to move us away from what the media see as our ceiling - just surviving due to our budget.

But that plan has been in place for the past three years and it's now being continued.

Hurst can bring his style to it and hopefully bring it to fruition but think you got the essence of this wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:49 - Aug 2 with 2443 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:45 - Aug 2 by DanFord

Fair enough

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:53 - Aug 2 with 2397 viewsSuperfrans

Yes, I saw that. Just out of interest, was that from online form they were asking fans to submit via a couple of days ago? I submitted mine too:

“We’ll do okay - and that will be fine. We’ve had a mixed five years under Mick McCarthy, but his cautious, pragmatic style ultimately left the relationship between manager and fans at an all-time low. Paul Hurst has arrived, signed some good lower league players, has a group of Ipswich youngsters capable of making a mark and is promising short snappy passing and a high press game, which should make football more pleasing on the eye again. But Hurst arrived so late in the summer (after Shrewsbury’s play off final) it’s hard to imagine him being able to complete his revolution this summer - the change in style and personnel may not be complete for 3 transfer windows. So the basic aim this season will be to bed in the first stages of this revolution, keep us safe and kick on in 19/20. A quicker transition could make us a surprise package in 18/19.”
Prediction: “12th”

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:00 - Aug 2 with 2348 viewsFunge

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:26 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

They've forgotten how to use paragraphs, so obviously not that much.
Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:03 - Aug 2 with 2316 viewsPositivelyPortman

How did you swing that?
I had you down as a Daily Mail/Express type. 🙄

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:03 - Aug 2 with 2311 viewsDanFord

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 14:49 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

But that plan has been in place for the past three years and it's now being continued.

Hurst can bring his style to it and hopefully bring it to fruition but think you got the essence of this wrong.

Part of this five point plan was to play entertaining football, something we can all agree was not the case in the last 2-3 years. That was part of the last few lines which they condensed.

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:08 - Aug 2 with 2267 viewswkj

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:03 - Aug 2 by DanFord

Part of this five point plan was to play entertaining football, something we can all agree was not the case in the last 2-3 years. That was part of the last few lines which they condensed.

I honestly think Evans paid McCarthy well to be here, and to keep us in the league while he balanced the sheets a bit. RK spent a lot of money with little return, and PJ and Clegg seemed out of their depth, so MM was bought in to provide solidarity while Evans got his ducks in a row. I think this long term plan was definitely one planned with another manager in charge; thought of course, this is all speculation

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:10 - Aug 2 with 2251 viewslinhdi

It's a very good piece. (Now try to keep it up!!!)
Given the grief from some of you that I talk utter b*llocks on 15:33 - Aug 2 with 2105 viewsfabian_illness

I can’t believe a sensible paper like the guardian would pick the biggest blubfest on the whole site to do a piece on ITFC. What has the world come to.

Still, well done for getting selected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024