Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice article about Hurst by Andy Warren in the EADT 10:48 - Jun 4 with 986 viewsVic

He's done a bit of HfB and connected with people from Grimsby and Shrewsbury. I'm liking what I'm hearing more and more.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-boss-hurst-judged-by-shrewsbury-

Lot of positive things, and I found the following interesting:

"But there was always a section of the support who thought he was too cautious and played the margins, defensive when he needed to and with a system.
The squad loved him, but some of the fans didn’t appreciate what they had at the time. It’s a real shame.
There is also a section of support who think he got rid of too many players after we got promoted, but it was more likely due to the board not backing him and giving proper contracts to the players. We lost some good players like Padraig Amond — some blame the manager rather than the club.
He is quite a blunt bloke and will say things in public which some managers won’t. He will occasionally say things in interviews about fans not backing the team and come out with it. "

Sounds horribly familiar - but just shows that you'll never please everyone and I suspect however well he does here we'll still have to put up with some people bleating!

I'm getting excited and really looking forward to whats ahead.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:49]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Nice article about Hurst by Andy Warren in the EADT on 10:56 - Jun 4 with 927 viewsSuperfrans

It's interesting though that some of that kind of negative stuff has tended to come from Grimsby fans, including his relationship with them and his lack of a plan b. Shrews fans have generally reflected a decent relationship with them and a flexible approach to tactics. He's only 44, it might simply be that he has learned lessons in his first couple of jobs which he put into practice at Shrewsbury.

It would certainly be a positive thing if he started off on the right foot with fans, opened up to them etc.

He's done a course in sports journalism, or something. You'd think he has learned how must to manage media etc through that and his increasing experience.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nice article about Hurst by Andy Warren in the EADT on 11:02 - Jun 4 with 906 viewshomer_123

Nice article about Hurst by Andy Warren in the EADT on 10:56 - Jun 4 by Superfrans

It's interesting though that some of that kind of negative stuff has tended to come from Grimsby fans, including his relationship with them and his lack of a plan b. Shrews fans have generally reflected a decent relationship with them and a flexible approach to tactics. He's only 44, it might simply be that he has learned lessons in his first couple of jobs which he put into practice at Shrewsbury.

It would certainly be a positive thing if he started off on the right foot with fans, opened up to them etc.

He's done a course in sports journalism, or something. You'd think he has learned how must to manage media etc through that and his increasing experience.

My sense is that we have a younger/ more modern version of Mick. By all accounts, his teams are pragmatic - he makes it very easy to understand what he wants from each player and the team collectively.

He's fairly straight talking, does favour players a little. Used to working with little to no budget and has a habit of getting more out of a team than the sum of its parts.

More modern and up to date version of Mick, as I say - that's not necessarily a negative by the way.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024