Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players versus style debate 08:25 - Mar 28 with 1254 viewsmaccyd9

It's interesting to see the improvement (on the eye and two solid results) in England over the last two games.

Despite having on paper a very average squad, the system and freedom to play has took the the enjoyment of watching England up a notch or two.

I'm not massivly anti Mick but it does show that it's possible to play good football with lesser players if they are set up to and given the confidence and freedom to do it.
The players versus style debate on 08:27 - Mar 28 with 1241 viewsDanTheMan

I mean we say "lesser" players, a lot of the players there are waaaaaay above what we have here.

Not saying we can't play some decent football with what we have but I think comparing us to the England squad is a bit much.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The players versus style debate on 08:27 - Mar 28 with 1234 viewsBlueBadger

Only playing friendlies with very little much resting on it, probably helps as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The players versus style debate on 08:28 - Mar 28 with 1241 viewsSteve_M

I think the contrast between the first half of the season at home and the second half demonstrates that as well. It's more than when a McCarthy side aren't playing well, they double down on the basics and it can look dreadful.

It's quite clear that we need a change to freshen things up a bit but I've enjoyed how we've played under Mick during the good spells. It's not high possession football but it was attacking and saw a good number of goals.

Tend to agree on England as well although I've not seen a great deal of the recent games; going to a tournament with realistic expectations would probably help too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The players versus style debate on 08:35 - Mar 28 with 1213 viewsBenters2

I think Mick Mac is going to stay.
The players versus style debate on 08:35 - Mar 28 with 1212 viewsBlueBadger

The players versus style debate on 08:28 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

I think the contrast between the first half of the season at home and the second half demonstrates that as well. It's more than when a McCarthy side aren't playing well, they double down on the basics and it can look dreadful.

It's quite clear that we need a change to freshen things up a bit but I've enjoyed how we've played under Mick during the good spells. It's not high possession football but it was attacking and saw a good number of goals.

Tend to agree on England as well although I've not seen a great deal of the recent games; going to a tournament with realistic expectations would probably help too.

Agreed. I wouldn't decided that England are considerably easier on the eye nowadays unit they're actually in a'proper' match.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The players versus style debate on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 1192 viewssolemio

The players versus style debate on 08:35 - Mar 28 by Benters2

I think Mick Mac is going to stay.

So are you.
The players versus style debate on 09:50 - Mar 28 with 1127 viewsVaughan8

Without being negative (but I am! haha) these are only friendlies against 2 teams who aren't at the world cup (though admittingly are "big" countries in the world of football).

There is not a lot of pressure on them because its a friendly.

Lets not get carried away just yet. The group games should be a good indicator of exactly how good we are. Lets see how they break down Panama at the world cup. Lets see how we handle Belgium etc. The Pressure will be on them then.

Edit: Also, these are not "lesser" players to what Ipswich have so I don't really understand that point.

On a positive, I like the fact we are giving a few other players a chance.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024