Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain 17:02 - Feb 21 with 2860 viewsSteve_M

What a depressingly horrible story this is.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/21/ive-been-here-for-50-years-the-s

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:09 - Feb 21 with 2817 viewsDarth_Koont

Awful.

And considering we already have a "deep and special" relationship with the Commonwealth it doesn't sound like the future for EU citizens in the UK is anything worth planning around.

But this is the problem when you create a witch hunt culture and political grandstanding around immigrants and immigration. Ordinary people get caught up in the mess.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:10]

Pronouns: He/Him

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:25 - Feb 21 with 2764 viewsnoggin

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:09 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

Awful.

And considering we already have a "deep and special" relationship with the Commonwealth it doesn't sound like the future for EU citizens in the UK is anything worth planning around.

But this is the problem when you create a witch hunt culture and political grandstanding around immigrants and immigration. Ordinary people get caught up in the mess.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:10]

Disgraceful. Rule Britannia.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:29 - Feb 21 with 2739 viewsStokieBlue

Awful stories there, hopefully highlighting them will mean more people actually take an interest in such injustices.

Doesn't seem to be a UK only thing though given this news from France today:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/21/emmanuel-macron-unveils-plans-to-c

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:30 - Feb 21 with 2736 viewsNo9

Taht & the 'Registration' of EU citizens smacks of a certain country in the 30's ?
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:31 - Feb 21 with 2742 viewsJ2BLUE

Some common sense would be nice from the Home Office. Sounds like has more than earnt his citizenship.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:32 - Feb 21 with 2729 viewsStokieBlue

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:30 - Feb 21 by No9

Taht & the 'Registration' of EU citizens smacks of a certain country in the 30's ?

Don't you think you've gone a little bit too far there?

SB

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:34 - Feb 21 with 2723 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:32 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

Don't you think you've gone a little bit too far there?

SB

Yes & No.

Comparing what happened later maybe but chucking people out and making certain people register is in line isn't i?

To be candid I find these actions very depressing
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:39 - Feb 21 with 2702 viewsStokieBlue

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:34 - Feb 21 by No9

Yes & No.

Comparing what happened later maybe but chucking people out and making certain people register is in line isn't i?

To be candid I find these actions very depressing

It's nothing like the same and you know it.

We can all however agree that the report highlights some horrible practices.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:40]

Login to get fewer ads

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:45 - Feb 21 with 2696 viewslloydy84

Massively unfair.

Isn't it also true that any none EU citizen that has been living in the country over 5 years and arent earning 35k+ have to leave?

Amazing the double standard that have existed under both Labour and Tories for so many years, I for one cannot wait until we leave the EU and all none Brits are treated fairly and equally.
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:50 - Feb 21 with 2675 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:39 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

It's nothing like the same and you know it.

We can all however agree that the report highlights some horrible practices.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:40]

Well you know that litel thing like that which get by often turn into big things don't they?
You don't believe registration of just one part of the world is a rather serious step?

There have been horror stories such as the 'Child migration programme' do you think that was irrelevant?
Don't you think that this 'Registration' and the expelling of some could just be the thin end of the wedge?
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:51 - Feb 21 with 2668 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:45 - Feb 21 by lloydy84

Massively unfair.

Isn't it also true that any none EU citizen that has been living in the country over 5 years and arent earning 35k+ have to leave?

Amazing the double standard that have existed under both Labour and Tories for so many years, I for one cannot wait until we leave the EU and all none Brits are treated fairly and equally.

When this sort of thing starts & the public do nothing then- when does it stop?
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:51 - Feb 21 with 2673 viewsLord_Lucan

Words fail me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 2651 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:51 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Words fail me.

According to one tory this morning after march 2019 EU citizens who have been in the UK for more than 5 years, have work and property will have to seek 'Settled Status' which may not be granted.
Mrs May has tried to talk round that but it isn't a nice situation.
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 09:53 - Feb 22 with 2499 viewsStokieBlue

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:30 - Feb 21 by No9

Looks like you're in good company. Diane has said the same thing as you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/02/21/diane-abbot-sparks-fury-britains-

SB

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 13:33 - Feb 22 with 2412 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 09:53 - Feb 22 by StokieBlue

Looks like you're in good company. Diane has said the same thing as you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/02/21/diane-abbot-sparks-fury-britains-

SB

I had not read what she said.

I know two EU men who have set up business in the UK both are concerned they will not be allowed to stay (after speaking with the H.O.)
Another is married to the mother of his two boys who have dual nationality their mother has been told she cannot have British citizenship - the family are concerned they will have to leave.
At best it is a clusterfcuk but although you don't like it you cannot deny there are not shades of 30's Europe here? It might not be the case if it were not so discriminatory as the influx from non EU countries continues apace.
Listenign to a bloke on the radion from immigration watch this lunchtime it is clear the intention is to make things more difficult not less.
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 19:33 - Feb 22 with 2345 viewsRyorry

Absolutely bloody dreadful.

It's on a par with the 6 year old boy whose parents have been told they can't have a particular kind of cannabis oil which would prevent him having umpteen severe epileptic fits daily, because the oil's not yet been "properly tested". Well the boy had it in another country, it worked, and presented no side effects.

You'd think somewhere in the bowels of bureacracy there'd be a Minister for "It's Bleedin Obvious That Exceptional Circumstances Should Apply.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 19:45 - Feb 22 with 2328 viewsm14_blue

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 17:50 - Feb 21 by No9

Well you know that litel thing like that which get by often turn into big things don't they?
You don't believe registration of just one part of the world is a rather serious step?

There have been horror stories such as the 'Child migration programme' do you think that was irrelevant?
Don't you think that this 'Registration' and the expelling of some could just be the thin end of the wedge?

"To live in this process is absolutely not to be able to notice it–please try to believe me–unless one has a much greater degree of political awareness, acuity, than most of us had ever had occasion to develop. Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, ‘regretted,’ that, unless one were detached from the whole process from the beginning, unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these ‘little measures’ that no ‘patriot' could possibly resent must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. One day it is over his head."
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 2295 viewsDarth_Koont

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 19:45 - Feb 22 by m14_blue

"To live in this process is absolutely not to be able to notice it–please try to believe me–unless one has a much greater degree of political awareness, acuity, than most of us had ever had occasion to develop. Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, ‘regretted,’ that, unless one were detached from the whole process from the beginning, unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these ‘little measures’ that no ‘patriot' could possibly resent must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. One day it is over his head."

Great quote. Hadn’t read it before but definitely worth people reading it, understanding it from today’s perspective and then Googling it to see the context.

Pronouns: He/Him

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 20:08 - Feb 22 with 2279 viewsm14_blue

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 20:03 - Feb 22 by Darth_Koont

Great quote. Hadn’t read it before but definitely worth people reading it, understanding it from today’s perspective and then Googling it to see the context.

Reading that whole piece (extract from 'They Thought They Were Free') sends shivers down my spine

It's a chilling insight into how easily horrific things become normalised.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 20:08]
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 20:41 - Feb 22 with 2248 viewsNo9

Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 20:08 - Feb 22 by m14_blue

Reading that whole piece (extract from 'They Thought They Were Free') sends shivers down my spine

It's a chilling insight into how easily horrific things become normalised.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 20:08]

I agree which is why, what is happening today in the UK worries me.
Unless it is checked who knows where it will lead.
Another snapshot of Theresa May's Britain on 01:13 - Feb 23 with 2168 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

So, the first guy just hasn’t filled a form in correctly so his process has been held up. I’m sure he will eventually be naturalised.

You know the guardian is the left wing version of the DM don’t you? Full of exaggerations and lies
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024