Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific 08:48 - Feb 16 with 3939 viewsSteve_M

So many people with so many questions to answer over a very long time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/15/barry-bennell-abuse-manchester-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 09:02 - Feb 16 with 3903 viewshomer_123

The fact that he had been reported to the FA (via Crewe if memory serves) is enough to tell you everything you need to know.

Not read the link yet but will.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 09:22 - Feb 16 with 3862 viewsstickymockwell

I wonder if Dario Gradi will have more problems as it looks like he knew that Bennell was a wrong un and didn't report it at the time. I think he just took boys away from his care.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 9:24]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 09:51 - Feb 16 with 3811 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its horrific and also unbelievable that he could get away with it. If people knew about it and covered it up then they should be brought to justice.

Also, lets be glad that was all 30-40 years ago and safeguarding etc is a million miles away from that now, and people in similar roles in todays game should not be tarred with the same brush.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 10:32 - Feb 16 with 3772 viewsIpswichKnight

It sounds very similar to the Catholic/CoE abuse instead of reporting it to the police he was allowed to just move on. Considering the amount of counts he was found guilty on he will recieve a huge custodial sentance.
This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 11:07 - Feb 16 with 3726 viewschicoazul

What an absolute savage. Kick the chair away and stamp the dirt down.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 11:55 - Feb 16 with 3685 viewsstickymockwell

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 10:32 - Feb 16 by IpswichKnight

It sounds very similar to the Catholic/CoE abuse instead of reporting it to the police he was allowed to just move on. Considering the amount of counts he was found guilty on he will recieve a huge custodial sentance.

He'll die in prison one way or another.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 11:59 - Feb 16 with 3681 viewsuncle

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 09:22 - Feb 16 by stickymockwell

I wonder if Dario Gradi will have more problems as it looks like he knew that Bennell was a wrong un and didn't report it at the time. I think he just took boys away from his care.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 9:24]

I think it's safe to say that Dario will have a lot more questions coming his way.
This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 14:26 - Feb 16 with 3615 viewsRadlett_blue

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 11:59 - Feb 16 by uncle

I think it's safe to say that Dario will have a lot more questions coming his way.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 3586 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 10:32 - Feb 16 by IpswichKnight

Lot of similarities to some recent scandals in American sports too - notably the Jerry Sandusky case (coach at Penn State who abused a number of children)

Overriding theme being that sports and/or reputations put ahead of people’s welfare, which is pretty f*cking scary when all is said and done. In some cases you can perhaps, marginally, see why (ie. where someone is removed from their position but authorities not informed through fear of association) but for someone like Bennell to continue to be employed in those roles just because he was good at bringing through youngsters, despite the suspicions around him, is scandalous

In Crewe’s case you can only assume the main motivator was money, which perhaps isn’t much of a surprise

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 15:29 - Feb 16 with 3558 views_

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 15:34 - Feb 16 with 3548 viewsuncle

This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 14:26 - Feb 16 by Radlett_blue

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Sad but true.
This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 16:16 - Feb 16 with 3513 viewsBluespeed225

Seems like our own John Hallworth had a narrow escape. Terrifying read. We all like to think, even at 11-14 we’d have given him a kick in the nuts, legged it and reported him, but in reality we’d all be scared of a pnysically stronger authority figure, especially if he seemingly held the key to our dream. My old school, Chantry, had similar rumours for years about a certain teacher. He was eventually charged when lads came forward, but died, of natural causes, just before the case came to Court.
This on Barry Bennell is absolutely horrific on 16:26 - Feb 16 with 3500 viewsWD19

on 15:29 - Feb 16 by _

Isn't this his 4th trip inside? My working assumption is that after a previous stay he changed his name in order to help keep a low profile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024