Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jezza Clooney 09:41 - Dec 1 with 4649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....and to give GB and Dollers a new thread to carry on with. You've got to love him for telling Morgan Stanley that they are right to be worried, oh by the way it's another general election Autumn 2018 according to them.......yippee !!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/30/jeremy-corbyn-morgan-stanley-la

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jezza Clooney on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 3984 viewsStokieBlue

He's missed the point though. They didn't say they were worried for themselves, they produced a report for investors saying they should be worried about investing in the UK economy under a Labour government and that the policies they want to implemented would be worse than the economic consequences of Brexit.

"Jeremy Corbyn has told Morgan Stanley it is right to regard him as a threat, after the investment bank warned its clients that a Labour government could pose as much of a risk to British business as Brexit."

Bit worrying that he misses the entire point.

Good picture though.

SB
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 9:48]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jezza Clooney on 09:49 - Dec 1 with 3979 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interesting article, but what was the point of this paragraph: "It comes after he was pictured on the front page of GQ wearing a Marks & Spencer jacket and red tie, having given an interview for the magazine’s latest issue, which contains its annual list of the 50 best-dressed men in the UK."

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jezza Clooney on 09:49 - Dec 1 with 3975 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:48 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

He's missed the point though. They didn't say they were worried for themselves, they produced a report for investors saying they should be worried about investing in the UK economy under a Labour government and that the policies they want to implemented would be worse than the economic consequences of Brexit.

"Jeremy Corbyn has told Morgan Stanley it is right to regard him as a threat, after the investment bank warned its clients that a Labour government could pose as much of a risk to British business as Brexit."

Good picture though.

SB

I think it's you who's missed the point.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 9:50]

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jezza Clooney on 09:51 - Dec 1 with 3964 viewsGlasgowBlue

It would appear he has taken David Cameron’s mum’s advice by wearing a proper suit and doing his tie up.

The old sell out ;-). He’ll be wearing a poppy next and singing the national anthem*.

*Note to Dolly. It’s a joke. know he wears a poppy and sing the national anthem.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 9:52]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jezza Clooney on 09:51 - Dec 1 with 3964 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:49 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

I think it's you who's missed the point.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 9:50]

Care to enlighten me?

SB

Jezza Clooney on 09:52 - Dec 1 with 3955 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jezza Clooney on 09:48 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

Good picture though.

SB

“Spending priorities … shift in favour of low-income households and the public sector and away from outsourcers and defence companies,” the report continued. (Morgan Stanley)
.........perish the thought !

Jezza Clooney on 09:53 - Dec 1 with 3950 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:51 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

Care to enlighten me?

SB

He has deliberately turned things around to attack them. It's whataboutery essentially... but he hasn't missed the point. Quite the opposite.

Jezza Clooney on 09:54 - Dec 1 with 3946 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:51 - Dec 1 by GlasgowBlue

It would appear he has taken David Cameron’s mum’s advice by wearing a proper suit and doing his tie up.

The old sell out ;-). He’ll be wearing a poppy next and singing the national anthem*.

*Note to Dolly. It’s a joke. know he wears a poppy and sing the national anthem.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 9:52]

I already up-arrowed the joke before your edit!

Login to get fewer ads

Jezza Clooney on 09:58 - Dec 1 with 3933 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:53 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

He has deliberately turned things around to attack them. It's whataboutery essentially... but he hasn't missed the point. Quite the opposite.

How do you know that? That is total speculation, one could just as easily argue you are seeing what you want to see.

Is whataboutery OK now then? You moan about it on here all the time.

SB

Jezza Clooney on 09:58 - Dec 1 with 3928 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jezza Clooney on 09:54 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

It's a love-in.......the Christmas spirit is upon us !

Jezza Clooney on 09:59 - Dec 1 with 3926 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:54 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

I’m taking no chances 😃

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jezza Clooney on 10:01 - Dec 1 with 3919 viewsbaxterbasics

He really is going full David Cameron - not just with a proper suit, but the makeup / airbrushing of the photo. Remember Daves poster campaign in 2010 with the china-doll like complexion?

i appreciate this might just be the GQ editors doing their usual thing, but it's not beyond feasible that Labour PR bods were involved in the presentation.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Jezza Clooney on 10:01 - Dec 1 with 3919 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:52 - Dec 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

“Spending priorities … shift in favour of low-income households and the public sector and away from outsourcers and defence companies,” the report continued. (Morgan Stanley)
.........perish the thought !

I've not said that's a bad thing.

SB

Jezza Clooney on 10:02 - Dec 1 with 3911 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:01 - Dec 1 by baxterbasics

He really is going full David Cameron - not just with a proper suit, but the makeup / airbrushing of the photo. Remember Daves poster campaign in 2010 with the china-doll like complexion?

i appreciate this might just be the GQ editors doing their usual thing, but it's not beyond feasible that Labour PR bods were involved in the presentation.

I think it's a rather good photo actually regardless of the touch-ups.

SB

Jezza Clooney on 10:03 - Dec 1 with 3909 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 09:58 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

How do you know that? That is total speculation, one could just as easily argue you are seeing what you want to see.

Is whataboutery OK now then? You moan about it on here all the time.

SB

He's not stupid. It's pretty damn obvious what he's doing.

You're the one seeing what he wants to see. Do you honestly think he doesn't understand what MS have said?! Come on.

I've not said whether the whataboutery it's good or bad in Jezza's context. But for the record it's not always bad. If someone's being an utter hypocrite it's relevant.

Jezza Clooney on 10:06 - Dec 1 with 3897 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jezza Clooney on 10:01 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

I've not said that's a bad thing.

SB

And I've not said that you are Morgan Stanley. It's part of their warning to investors on the perceived perils of a Labour government.
Love you Stokie !

Jezza Clooney on 10:08 - Dec 1 with 3886 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:03 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

He's not stupid. It's pretty damn obvious what he's doing.

You're the one seeing what he wants to see. Do you honestly think he doesn't understand what MS have said?! Come on.

I've not said whether the whataboutery it's good or bad in Jezza's context. But for the record it's not always bad. If someone's being an utter hypocrite it's relevant.

I do think he is entirely capable of willfully missing the point. It's easy for one to do that, everybody does it. He should be addressing their points on what will happen to the economy rather than ignoring them. How has what he said helped ally the fears of people wanting to invest in the UK? We need investment after the farce that is brexit.

I've not said he's stupid either.

SB
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 10:12]

Jezza Clooney on 10:14 - Dec 1 with 3866 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:08 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

I do think he is entirely capable of willfully missing the point. It's easy for one to do that, everybody does it. He should be addressing their points on what will happen to the economy rather than ignoring them. How has what he said helped ally the fears of people wanting to invest in the UK? We need investment after the farce that is brexit.

I've not said he's stupid either.

SB
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 10:12]

Well yes, you're quite right. Maybe he's just getting better at this whole 'being a politician' thing.

But that wasn't your original point. You thought he'd just missed the point (not wilfully) - "Bit worrying that he misses the entire point."

My edit to respond to your edit: You insinuated he's stupid by suggesting he'd simply missed the point Morgan Stanley were making.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 10:16]

Jezza Clooney on 10:19 - Dec 1 with 3850 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:14 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

Well yes, you're quite right. Maybe he's just getting better at this whole 'being a politician' thing.

But that wasn't your original point. You thought he'd just missed the point (not wilfully) - "Bit worrying that he misses the entire point."

My edit to respond to your edit: You insinuated he's stupid by suggesting he'd simply missed the point Morgan Stanley were making.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 10:16]

I've not changed my original stance and I've not insinuated he's stupid.

You are doing it again, exactly like the thread the other day.

SB

Jezza Clooney on 10:48 - Dec 1 with 3813 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:19 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

SB

What did you mean by "bit worrying he misses the entire point" then?

All I've done is countered your point. It's becoming apparent what your problem is - you don't like people challenging your points. Unfortunately this is a discussion forum. Again, I've done nothing wrong (just like I did nothing wrong in the thread the other day). I've merely countered your original point.

Jezza Clooney on 10:51 - Dec 1 with 3803 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jezza Clooney on 10:19 - Dec 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Jezza Clooney on 10:52 - Dec 1 with 3797 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jezza Clooney on 10:48 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

All I've done is countered your point. It's becoming apparent what your problem is - you don't like people challenging your points. Unfortunately this is a discussion forum. Again, I've done nothing wrong (just like I did nothing wrong in the thread the other day). I've merely countered your original point.

You too.....

Jezza Clooney on 10:53 - Dec 1 with 3791 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:52 - Dec 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

You too.....

I love Stokie. He just doesn't like having discussions with me.

Jezza Clooney on 10:57 - Dec 1 with 3790 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:48 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

I have no problem with people challenging my points, that is your remit I am afraid. You haven't offered any evidence for your interpretation of the article, you've made assumptions and stated them as facts.

I think he missed the point of the investor report as highlighted in my original quote where he said they should be worried. You think differently. That is fine, we are allowed to have different views but you don't see it that way - you have to be confirmed as "right" hence the micro-analysis of every word in every post.

SB

Jezza Clooney on 10:58 - Dec 1 with 3788 viewsStokieBlue

Jezza Clooney on 10:53 - Dec 1 by BrixtonBlue

I love Stokie. He just doesn't like having discussions with me.

That's not true at all, I actually quite like your posts - it's a different viewpoint and all viewpoints should be given a fair hearing.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024