Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thoughts 08:09 - Sep 10 with 592 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Think it is fair to say 2-1 slightly flattered us a little bit. I thought QPR played some good football at times, mainly down the middle through Scowen, Luongo, Freeman and Washington being good with the ball.

I did think when the line ups were announced that they're playing 3 in midfield against our 2. Luke Freeman always plays well against us too. First half he was finding a fair bit of room in the final third. Should've probably scored with the 2/3 chances he made. Second half, he goes and scores. Summed that one up.

Flynn Downes just looks to be getting better and better each time you see him. The progress he's making in such a short amount of time is frightening. A good performance yet again yesterday. Skuse had a poor game. Made a couple of good tackles but overall, not one of his better games.

Callum Connolly looks like a good player. For a 19 year old, he wasn't afraid to put his head into a ball where he could be about to get hurt. What pleased me most about him is for such a young lad, his use of his body. Not the biggest lad, but the way he protects/shields the ball is very good. It also won us a few free kicks as well in dangerous areas. He will be a useful player across the season, I'm sure of it.

McGoldrick & Garner partnership. Is anyone else thinking that this partnership simply isn't working anymore? If Garner wins the first ball, does McGoldrick even look close to holding on to the second ball? Feel for Garner. Times he wins the first ball but we've lost the second ball because no one has gambled on him winning it. Is it time for Waghorn to go up top, and Celina wide with McGoldrick to the bench? Or Mick to bring back Sears to play with Garner up top?

Celina must start against Bolton. It's a must win. There's still positivity around the place - but it'll soon disappear if we don't get 3pts against Bolton.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024