Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murphy back next season? 18:16 - Apr 9 with 1940 viewsRollsReuser

Can't see him getting a look in next season at Newcastle. Past it? Or would you welcome him back for a season?

Poll: Paul Taylor

Murphy back next season? on 18:27 - Apr 9 with 1905 viewsSteve_M

That would be the only way to make selling and not replacing him even worse. We need to move forwards as a club, or at least try to.

I imagine that he'll feel he can play a bit part role in a few games and, without the burden of playing every game, might score a few goals.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Murphy back next season? on 18:34 - Apr 9 with 1881 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Murphy back next season? on 18:27 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

That would be the only way to make selling and not replacing him even worse. We need to move forwards as a club, or at least try to.

I imagine that he'll feel he can play a bit part role in a few games and, without the burden of playing every game, might score a few goals.

Without spending money, that ain't gonna happen though is it

So at least if we get the proven cheap option back it's eaxactly that.. proven

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Murphy back next season? on 18:52 - Apr 9 with 1821 viewsLimitlessBlue

given his reasons for wanting to move on, I don't think we would see him back and anyway, 3 years older than his 27 goals in a season I really think we need to look elsewhere! - like the conference and lower, there must a be someone out there we can sign for £2.50 and a bag of crisps.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Murphy back next season? on 20:38 - Apr 9 with 1684 views3_5_2

Murphy back next season? on 18:52 - Apr 9 by LimitlessBlue

given his reasons for wanting to move on, I don't think we would see him back and anyway, 3 years older than his 27 goals in a season I really think we need to look elsewhere! - like the conference and lower, there must a be someone out there we can sign for £2.50 and a bag of crisps.

We have.

Eight foot Al the striker.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Murphy back next season? on 20:43 - Apr 9 with 1669 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm sure we're holding out to the summer where we reckon we'll get better value

Will we go back in for Hugill and Ward, Ward will surely want to move on once he goes down with Rotherham?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Murphy back next season? on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 1593 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sweepstake on the date that someone starts another thread about this exact matter?

I'm going for April 15th.

Poll: Best Football Song

Murphy back next season? on 21:44 - Apr 9 with 1531 viewsSmithy

He's tripled his wages at Newcastle so no chance

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Murphy back next season? on 21:45 - Apr 9 with 1524 viewsTheBlueBarca

I think if you ignore the fact he played here before, Murphy would be an exceptional signing for a club of our level now.

Bear in mind our recent striker signings are Leon Best, Kieffer Moore and Dominic Samuel who have a whopping 0 goals between them. Murphy is practically Eric Cantona by the standards of that mob, he's probably beyond our existing budget and transfer aspirations, so If thats moving forward as a club then we are truly finished.

If we signed someone like Jermain Defoe, he would be like Pele compared to everyone else on our roster. It's utterly shambolic and there's over 40 of them on the payroll.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 21:46]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Murphy back next season? on 22:26 - Apr 9 with 1434 viewsjas0999

This. Big backwards step.
Murphy back next season? on 22:47 - Apr 9 with 1370 viewsbournemouthblue

Murphy back next season? on 21:45 - Apr 9 by TheBlueBarca

I think if you ignore the fact he played here before, Murphy would be an exceptional signing for a club of our level now.

Bear in mind our recent striker signings are Leon Best, Kieffer Moore and Dominic Samuel who have a whopping 0 goals between them. Murphy is practically Eric Cantona by the standards of that mob, he's probably beyond our existing budget and transfer aspirations, so If thats moving forward as a club then we are truly finished.

If we signed someone like Jermain Defoe, he would be like Pele compared to everyone else on our roster. It's utterly shambolic and there's over 40 of them on the payroll.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 21:46]

We haven't seen enough of Samuel to judge, he looks a better option than Keiffer Moore though

It's a shame he got that injury when he did but both him and Moore should have only been replacements for Varney and certainly not Murphy

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024