Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The problem we have with our team 15:19 - Apr 4 with 843 viewshoofer

Is the players just are not good enough apart from Bart I don't see any other player good enough to get in any of the top 11/12 teams in the championship .
It's a team slung together on a cheap budget and the old saying is true you get what you pay for.
I fear another draw tonight I hope it's entertaining though something we have missed bar a couple games this season at PR.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 15:21]
The problem we have with our team on 15:21 - Apr 4 with 834 viewsBlueBadger

McGoldrick? Lawrence? Webster? Chambers? Maybe Berra at his best?

Granted, midfield's pretty thin...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The problem we have with our team on 15:23 - Apr 4 with 824 viewshoofer

The problem we have with our team on 15:21 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

McGoldrick? Lawrence? Webster? Chambers? Maybe Berra at his best?

Granted, midfield's pretty thin...

McGoldrick ,Chambers on this seasons form no maybe Webster if fit and Lawrence but it's quite a poor showing .
The problem we have with our team on 15:25 - Apr 4 with 815 viewsBlueBadger

The problem we have with our team on 15:23 - Apr 4 by hoofer

McGoldrick ,Chambers on this seasons form no maybe Webster if fit and Lawrence but it's quite a poor showing .

Kind of emphasises the good job Mick was doing for his first season and two-thirds. At some point, the lack of quality was going to catch up to us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The problem we have with our team on 15:28 - Apr 4 with 802 viewshoofer

The problem we have with our team on 15:25 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Kind of emphasises the good job Mick was doing for his first season and two-thirds. At some point, the lack of quality was going to catch up to us.

Yep and has bitten us squarely on the bum.
Without investment it will be very much the same next season and so on.
The problem we have with our team on 15:32 - Apr 4 with 796 viewsSteve_M

We need some good quality Championship players to freshen things up whoever the manager is but that doesn't mean that none of our players are good enough. AS I put it yesterday:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/402736/3572647/summer-clear-out/#post3572647

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The problem we have with our team on 15:38 - Apr 4 with 758 viewschicoazul

The problem we have with our team on 15:32 - Apr 4 by Steve_M

We need some good quality Championship players to freshen things up whoever the manager is but that doesn't mean that none of our players are good enough. AS I put it yesterday:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/402736/3572647/summer-clear-out/#post3572647

I think your post from yesterday shows, at least in part, that Mick is very good at getting the best out of average players but not very good at getting the best out of above average players who probably are slightly higher maintenance. Most people would agree that Grant Ward and Lawrence are better than Hunt and Anderson.

EDIT: definitely missed Varney. The Lincoln away for one was made for someone like him.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 15:39]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The problem we have with our team on 16:13 - Apr 4 with 683 viewsSteve_M

The problem we have with our team on 15:38 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

I think your post from yesterday shows, at least in part, that Mick is very good at getting the best out of average players but not very good at getting the best out of above average players who probably are slightly higher maintenance. Most people would agree that Grant Ward and Lawrence are better than Hunt and Anderson.

EDIT: definitely missed Varney. The Lincoln away for one was made for someone like him.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 15:39]

I still think that trying to make too big a change to playing style in the Summer of 2015, in an attempt to play better football has been the ultimate cause of the last year and a bit of rubbish football - it's lead to two problems:

1) MM trying to shoehorn our better players into the team ahead of balance;
2) Loss of energy in the middle without a commensurate increase in ball retention.

The increased spending elsewhere in the division and selling, but not replacing Murphy, has just compounded that. The lack of quality across the squad is highlighted in this environment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024