Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The poor RAF chap in BSE 16:47 - Mar 8 with 5600 viewsSWGF

...appears to have been in the landfill all along. His poor old dear having gone through all this for far too long.

Some SERIOUS balls-up by someone.

Presumably it's foul-play which will now need to be investigated as/when the body is found?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 16:48]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 16:59 - Mar 8 with 3745 viewsGeoffSentence

This doesn't mean there was foul play. He could simply have climbed into the bin in his drunken state and not been noticed when the bin lorry emptied it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:35 - Mar 8 with 3653 viewsjeera

It's been heading that direction from the beginning.

Nobody can understand why it wasn't checked much sooner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39209562

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:40 - Mar 8 with 3629 viewsSWGF

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:35 - Mar 8 by jeera

It was checked but someone miscalculated/misunderstood the weight of the truck didn't they? Hence the recent arrest for perverting the course of justice. Think it was an honest mistake so the charges were dropped.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:51 - Mar 8 with 3560 viewsbournemouthblue

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:35 - Mar 8 by jeera

I wonder if this is the original reason for the family losing faith in the Police?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:01 - Mar 8 with 3525 viewsjeera

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 17:40 - Mar 8 by SWGF

It was checked but someone miscalculated/misunderstood the weight of the truck didn't they? Hence the recent arrest for perverting the course of justice. Think it was an honest mistake so the charges were dropped.

But just one point amongst many surely.

He was around those bins, (anyone from Bury will know that spot very well), and his phone signal matched the route of the lorry.

It's clearly been a death inquiry for a long time so not following it up with more determination makes no sense.

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:04 - Mar 8 with 3489 viewsBenters

He got in the bin for a kip i reckon .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:09 - Mar 8 with 3491 viewscaught-in-limbo

I haven't followed this "local" story at all and I don't want to say something insensitive, but just to get things straight: wasn't the biggest balls up the drunken decision to sleep in a rubbish bin?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:11 - Mar 8 with 3460 viewsBenters

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:09 - Mar 8 by caught-in-limbo

I haven't followed this "local" story at all and I don't want to say something insensitive, but just to get things straight: wasn't the biggest balls up the drunken decision to sleep in a rubbish bin?

If the said bin was full of cardboard and paper they can be very comfortable.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:14 - Mar 8 with 3439 viewsjeera

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:09 - Mar 8 by caught-in-limbo

He is probably dead. If I'm wrong on that speculation then I'll humbly apologize for jumping to that conclusion.

It's still possible he was murdered.

Nice angle though.

All stories are local to someone.

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:20 - Mar 8 with 3396 viewscaught-in-limbo

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:14 - Mar 8 by jeera

He is probably dead. If I'm wrong on that speculation then I'll humbly apologize for jumping to that conclusion.

It's still possible he was murdered.

Nice angle though.

All stories are local to someone.

I apologise for my "angle" - I had assumed (wrongly, it seems) that he climbed into a bin while drunk and fell asleep.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:28 - Mar 8 with 3369 viewsElderGrizzly

Local news coverage here. Unlike the police to use language like this unless they know they're right

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/search-corrie-mckeague-police-la
The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:31 - Mar 8 with 3336 viewsGeoffSentence

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:20 - Mar 8 by caught-in-limbo

I apologise for my "angle" - I had assumed (wrongly, it seems) that he climbed into a bin while drunk and fell asleep.

That is a possibility, and I think it is most likely what happened.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:50 - Mar 8 with 3283 viewsfactual_blue

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:28 - Mar 8 by ElderGrizzly

Local news coverage here. Unlike the police to use language like this unless they know they're right

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/search-corrie-mckeague-police-la

If the trade bin lorry I saw in action today was the sort being used on the night of his disappearance, the poor lad was dead probably before he'd woken up.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:53 - Mar 8 with 3255 viewsBenters

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:31 - Mar 8 by GeoffSentence

I believe they just said on the news that he had already been asleep in a shop doorway for 1hr 30mins,he could have just got cold and got in the bin.

Gentlybentley

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 19:29 - Mar 8 with 3181 viewstextbackup

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:53 - Mar 8 by Benters

I believe they just said on the news that he had already been asleep in a shop doorway for 1hr 30mins,he could have just got cold and got in the bin.

Missed a coach home from Norwich a few years back, broke into boiler room at prem inn near station and wrapped myself in a carpet, 6 hours later I woke up and went home. Poor lad seems to have been too drunk (possibly) to wake up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 19:37 - Mar 8 with 3126 viewsjeera

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:31 - Mar 8 by GeoffSentence

Possibly.

Quite probably.

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 19:47 - Mar 8 with 3095 viewsMJallday

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 19:29 - Mar 8 by textbackup

Missed a coach home from Norwich a few years back, broke into boiler room at prem inn near station and wrapped myself in a carpet, 6 hours later I woke up and went home. Poor lad seems to have been too drunk (possibly) to wake up

im dobbing you in to lenny henry

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 20:00 - Mar 8 with 3050 viewsPinewoodblue

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 18:28 - Mar 8 by ElderGrizzly

Suffolk Police need to explain why the search is only taking place now if, as the story says, they found out a few weeks ago the bin weighed as much as it did.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 20:37 - Mar 8 with 2914 viewsGarv

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 16:59 - Mar 8 by GeoffSentence

This doesn't mean there was foul play. He could simply have climbed into the bin in his drunken state and not been noticed when the bin lorry emptied it.

Presumably he was out with other people that night, who could, again presumably, account for his physical state?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 20:40 - Mar 8 with 2901 viewsBLUEBEAT

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 20:00 - Mar 8 by Pinewoodblue

Suffolk Police need to explain why the search is only taking place now if, as the story says, they found out a few weeks ago the bin weighed as much as it did.

Better not be down to some tight-arsed cross-border finance policy

Poll: W or W

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 21:00 - Mar 8 with 2801 viewsfactual_blue

They first checked out whether there was any underhand reason for the weight reading being wrong. That was why the unnamed chap was arrested. When they accepted he'd made a genuine mistake, they shut off that line of enquiry. I would think it was at that point that foul play was finally ruled out.

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 22:14 - Mar 8 with 2666 viewsPlums

As I said a couple of weeks ago, digging up a landfill site isn't any easy task. I was involved in digging six months waste off a site years ago and it has to be put somewhere that's licensed and ready to receive it. It's also not like digging soil, it's a dirty, dangerous job. They will also need somewhere to sift it before reburying.
I did hear today that this is a £500k search.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 22:26 - Mar 8 with 2625 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This story reminds me of my dads best mate.

Every time it's mentioned on here I can't help seeing similarities to his.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/34541393

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 08:36 - Mar 9 with 2277 viewsBenters

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 19:29 - Mar 8 by textbackup

Yep not a nice way to go when you think about it .

His poor family will be devasted if this is what has happened to him .

Gentlybentley

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 09:14 - Mar 9 with 2231 viewsfactual_blue

The poor RAF chap in BSE on 22:14 - Mar 8 by Plums

As I said a couple of weeks ago, digging up a landfill site isn't any easy task. I was involved in digging six months waste off a site years ago and it has to be put somewhere that's licensed and ready to receive it. It's also not like digging soil, it's a dirty, dangerous job. They will also need somewhere to sift it before reburying.
I did hear today that this is a £500k search.

Not surprised at that cost. It would go a long way to explaining why the operation wasn't authorised earlier - the available evidence (the stated weight of the load suggested he wasn't there). More recently two pieces of new evidence have come to light. One is of course the mistaken readin of the weight. The other? They've been given evidence that Corrie was known to sleep in the bins when drunk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024