Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Website HTML help 17:55 - Jan 10 with 813 viewsFifeITFC

Just wondering if anyone is a website or HTML expert that could help me out with something please?

I use Dreamweaver to do my websites which I've self-taught myself. I've built a website for a friend's company but need help optimising it for mobile devices etc.

Someone said you just need to add a line of code so it fits nicer on a mobile/tablet, and also autoscale images so they don't overlap the side of the page or other text on a mobile etc.

Can anyone help me please?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Website HTML help on 18:27 - Jan 10 with 776 viewsBarcaBlue

If you've set up a regular site in Dreamweaver it's going to take more than just a couple of lines to make it responsive.

The person you spoke to probably just suggested adding the viewport line but there's a lot more to it than that - have a look here for starters http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_responsive.asp
Website HTML help on 19:07 - Jan 10 with 740 viewsgiant_stow

Google responsive Web design - it's more than just that line of code - you'd probably need percentage widths, margins and padding combined with media queries for different screen sizes.

Some guy started it all off with an article on 'a list apart' - think his names something like ethan marconi - find that for the best explanation.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Website HTML help on 19:41 - Jan 10 with 721 viewsFifeITFC

Oh balls...

Thanks for the help. Although I built it, I'm not a massive expert. Homework time.

Cheers.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024