Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton docked a further 2 points 15:44 - Apr 8 with 783 viewsgainsboroughblue

Still doesn't feel that will hurt them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Everton docked a further 2 points on 15:51 - Apr 8 with 755 viewsRadlett_blue

Not quite enough to send them down unfortunately, which will probably keep most of the suits happy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Everton docked a further 2 points on 16:26 - Apr 8 with 684 viewsyorkshireblue

10 points for £19m, two points for £16.6m.

Doesn't really make sense to me.
Everton docked a further 2 points on 16:50 - Apr 8 with 652 viewsgainsboroughblue

Everton docked a further 2 points on 16:26 - Apr 8 by yorkshireblue

Bet it would've been a few more points if they were in, say, 11th place.

Plus, in reality, they have basically been charged twice and clawed back 2 points from their original punishment. Total farce.
[Post edited 8 Apr 16:59]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Everton docked a further 2 points on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 572 viewsRyorry

Seems unfair on other teams to be juggling about with points deductions this late in the season.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everton docked a further 2 points on 18:24 - Apr 8 with 534 viewsDJR

I don't know the ins and outs but it sounds more like a case of mismanagement than anything else because it certainly hasn't benefited them on the pitch

Up the Toffees!
[Post edited 8 Apr 18:25]
Everton docked a further 2 points on 18:27 - Apr 8 with 511 viewsbobbyramsey

And on appeal probably reduced to one point. Repeat offenders should get greater punishment surely?

Oh I forgot that Everton were founder members of The Premier League Self Preservation Society......
Everton docked a further 2 points on 07:55 - Apr 9 with 356 viewsPlums

Everton docked a further 2 points on 18:27 - Apr 8 by bobbyramsey

And on appeal probably reduced to one point. Repeat offenders should get greater punishment surely?

Oh I forgot that Everton were founder members of The Premier League Self Preservation Society......

The points deductions should apply for breaking the rules. The equivalent amount should be witheld from future EPL payments/ TV rights to deter clubs from doing it again.

Otherwise it's just a calculation as to whether it's 'worth it' to gamble on trading outside PSR

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Everton docked a further 2 points on 08:38 - Apr 9 with 331 viewsEuropablue

It's not fair. Everton were used as the example to get everyone else in line. For that reason, I hope they don't go down. The second one is a bit unfair. They are effectively being punished for two of the three years twice and the other thing is, they didn't gain any sporting advantage whatsoever with all the money they wasted, still overextending on wages warps the market and makes it harder for other teams to survive. I think the punishment will do a good of reigning the others in.
I'm not convinced that Man City or Chelsea have done anything technically wrong because the rules have changed, but morally clearly Man City have bought their way to the top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024