Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Title run in 11:43 - Mar 11 with 1141 viewsArnieM

It’s about who blinks first really isn’t it. It is very fine margins and that means there’s less and less leighway for errors and points being dropped.

Tbh I can’t see the Leeds machine letting up now, and I’m hoping Leicester keeps faltering. Saints have a small points gap to overcome but as long as we can keep pace with Leeds n Leicester it’s still all to play for I feel.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Title run in on 12:08 - Mar 11 with 1056 viewsChorleyBoy

We have the best team per £ budget in the league but sadly that's not who gets promoted.

We still have a chance though and like you say it's all about fine margins.

That should translate to our fans that negativity serves no purpose and that we should hope and support until the end.
Title run in on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 1000 viewsbilllm

Didn't we blink, awful result and defending flakey there's our downfall,Leeds will win the league,so that means we're chasing a five point change on Leicester,
If we'd won saints would have been pretty much out of it now win the game in hand right on our tails,we blinked,
Title run in on 12:50 - Mar 11 with 952 viewsArnieM

I think if we beat Saints at our place that’ll knock them out of things tbh. It’s about us keeping pace with Leeds and Leicester and hoping one ( Leicester?) slip up again.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Title run in on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 941 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Leicester will drop more points. I wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago but all of a sudden they look pretty ordinary and only Vardy is keeping them going. We can do it - second place, not the title.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Title run in on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 910 viewsHelp

Not so long ago everyone was giving Leicester the title. Now people are giving it to Leeds. There are still 9 games to play. So many things can happen in that time. Sure fire wins for teams become draws or defeats because that is football. OGAAT. We do what we need to do. Yes win each game if we can. Don't worry about everyone else. Focus on us.
Title run in on 13:12 - Mar 11 with 872 viewsHerbivore

Title run in on 12:32 - Mar 11 by billlm

Didn't we blink, awful result and defending flakey there's our downfall,Leeds will win the league,so that means we're chasing a five point change on Leicester,
If we'd won saints would have been pretty much out of it now win the game in hand right on our tails,we blinked,

The same Leeds that failed to beat 10 man Huddersfield recently? I know Leeds fans have crowned themselves champions about 5 times already this season but I don't see why we should be joining the party. They'll drop points between now and May.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Title run in on 14:24 - Mar 11 with 754 viewstextbackup

My guess based on nothing:

Pre kick off on the last day on season, table looks like this

Leeds 99
Leicester 96
Ipswich 94
Soton 89

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Title run in on 14:37 - Mar 11 with 721 viewsKieran_Knows

The minute you're sat there waiting for someone to slip up, that's when you're in trouble.

I'm fully bought in to the McKenna way of thinking. We concentrate on ourselves as it's the only result we can affect. Anything else is just out of our control.

9 games to go, let's see where they take us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Title run in on 14:40 - Mar 11 with 704 viewsOldFart71

Title run in on 13:12 - Mar 11 by Herbivore

The same Leeds that failed to beat 10 man Huddersfield recently? I know Leeds fans have crowned themselves champions about 5 times already this season but I don't see why we should be joining the party. They'll drop points between now and May.

I suggest Leeds won't drop many. Huddersfield for Leeds is always going to be a toughie. Few teams will bully Leeds, one being Huddersfield. Bit the same when we play the Budgies. They won't give an inch and whilst it was a 2-2 massacre down at PR they are in much better form now. We also of course have Saints here and that won't be a pushover, just hope they falter prior to playing us. It as has many said there for the taking for the most consistent. Currently and unfortunately Leeds.
Title run in on 14:41 - Mar 11 with 702 viewsbilllm

Title run in on 13:12 - Mar 11 by Herbivore

Saturday was gut wrenching,
Yes it's football the game we love,
I just think Leeds will be champions much to my despise,
Title run in on 14:43 - Mar 11 with 690 viewsJackNorthStand

After our hard work we’ve now made it hard for ourselves again, but that’s football.

I’m Interested to know which games people see as potential points dropped for Leeds / Leicester…?
Title run in on 14:50 - Mar 11 with 659 viewsHerbivore

Title run in on 14:43 - Mar 11 by JackNorthStand

After our hard work we’ve now made it hard for ourselves again, but that’s football.

I’m Interested to know which games people see as potential points dropped for Leeds / Leicester…?

They could drop points in pretty much any game. Whether they will or not is another matter. Leeds by all accounts were hanging on at home to Stoke before Stoke had a man sent off and that's about as easy a fixture as you'll get at this level currently (apart from Rotherham at home). Leicester have been beaten by Millwall and QPR recently. In this league, there's always the possibility of points being dropped.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024