Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a smashing day yesterday 11:27 - Feb 25 with 711 views_clive_baker_

Bit of a pub crawl pre match in some early spring (perhaps premature) weather, nice crisp chill in the air but blue skies with a little cloud. Not sure why, but decided early on it was a cider day, and had a lovely few crisp pints.

Took my seat at 14:55 for a rare treat that is a Saturday 3pm kick off, it felt like forever ago that we had one of those at PR. I thought we were largely dominant throughout, something there’s a real danger that we take as a given. I’ve found myself doing that, and then realising that we’re playing the likes of Birmingham City who, objectively, we haven’t until very recently had any real right to be so expectant against. Such is our quality and form under KM now, and to a degree their own. Outplayed them, outclassed them, look threatening going forward and were in not for better decision making at times could’ve had 5. Rarely troubled defensively, but for a counter just before the break. We’re not where we are by luck as some salty supporters of other teams will have us believe. All of last season + this season to date is 80 league games, and we’ve come away with points in 72 of them. Staggering quite frankly, and not due to chance. 72 points from 34 played this year, as has been said is title winning form most seasons. Alas it won’t be this, but we have every chance of getting into the top 2. Frankly, if we don’t, my strong preference is that Leeds and Leicester take the spots as I wouldn’t fancy them in the playoffs. Whatever happens we’ve got a great shot at promotion, and if it doesn’t happen we’ll come back stronger and likely in a less competitive field. Ultimately we’re living through an incredible season regardless. Relatively speaking we’ve not been as good as we are today in the context of the English game for over 20 years.

Post match back to a friends house in Ipswich for some more pints, rugger on the TV, poker night and a ruby courtesy of Zaika, which always hits the spot.

Splendid.
I had a smashing day yesterday on 11:51 - Feb 25 with 599 viewsSomethingBlue

Cracking stuff. We're a brilliant side. I hope we can get Burns and Broadhead back quickly, sounds like probably a few weeks out for at least the former, and then we can keep really attacking it in the way we have. Even if we don't, under McKenna we always seem to find a way don't we? Eight defeats in our last 83 league games is just jawdropping, we will never experience this ever again, just have to keep inhaling every moment of it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024