Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit eerie 09:12 - Feb 1 with 899 viewsoldbeardy

Waiting for news.....and nothing at all, not even "Town are active but it's going to the wire" or "not expecting anything now". Just nothing. Come on Phil, give us a sense of what's happening!
Bit eerie on 09:39 - Feb 1 with 801 viewsbobbyramsey

The fun has gone out of the transfer window under the new regime......

And the new "veil of silence" doesn't really appear to be helping us land our targets anyway....

Bring back the fun!
Bit eerie on 10:08 - Feb 1 with 728 viewstonybied

Bit eerie on 09:39 - Feb 1 by bobbyramsey

The fun has gone out of the transfer window under the new regime......

And the new "veil of silence" doesn't really appear to be helping us land our targets anyway....

Bring back the fun!

Yep, it was much more fun when we knew we were about to sign the kind of dross that would have us banging around the bottom half of the Championship, getting us relegated or struggling to get us out of L1, those truly were the days!
Bit eerie on 10:24 - Feb 1 with 696 viewsbobbyramsey

Bit eerie on 10:08 - Feb 1 by tonybied

Yep, it was much more fun when we knew we were about to sign the kind of dross that would have us banging around the bottom half of the Championship, getting us relegated or struggling to get us out of L1, those truly were the days!

You do know that ITFC existed for many decades before Evans arrived?
[Post edited 1 Feb 10:28]
Bit eerie on 10:31 - Feb 1 with 655 viewstonybied

Bit eerie on 10:24 - Feb 1 by bobbyramsey

You do know that ITFC existed for many decades before Evans arrived?
[Post edited 1 Feb 10:28]

Yeah, I do understand that was the case. I also know that before the Evans era that social media was in its infancy and we didn't have the age of instant information on transfer speculation that we do now, so, other than mostly wild unsubstantiated rumours we were pretty much as in the dark as we are now!
Bit eerie on 10:37 - Feb 1 with 630 viewsbobbyramsey

Bit eerie on 10:31 - Feb 1 by tonybied

Yeah, I do understand that was the case. I also know that before the Evans era that social media was in its infancy and we didn't have the age of instant information on transfer speculation that we do now, so, other than mostly wild unsubstantiated rumours we were pretty much as in the dark as we are now!

Not so instant but there was always gossip galore......there was always something to hang your hat on, now nothing.
Bit eerie on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 603 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No signings until after 3 when Planet Blue shuts for stock taking...def info.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Bit eerie on 10:54 - Feb 1 with 581 viewstonybied

Bit eerie on 10:37 - Feb 1 by bobbyramsey

Not so instant but there was always gossip galore......there was always something to hang your hat on, now nothing.

Surely that means you have an issue with the media not making stuff up about us then, not the club being quiet about it. We knew that we were after Al-Hamadi before signing him, it's pretty well known we've been sniffing around Gallagher, Moore and Johnson.

I don't really understand your problem if I'm honest! This wall of silence rubbish is just that, rubbish.
Bit eerie on 11:12 - Feb 1 with 532 viewsbobbyramsey

Bit eerie on 10:54 - Feb 1 by tonybied

Surely that means you have an issue with the media not making stuff up about us then, not the club being quiet about it. We knew that we were after Al-Hamadi before signing him, it's pretty well known we've been sniffing around Gallagher, Moore and Johnson.

I don't really understand your problem if I'm honest! This wall of silence rubbish is just that, rubbish.

Calm down. We like a bit of gossip, a bit of tittle tattle, as I said, bring back the fun of the transfer window.......true or not it keep us entertained 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Bit eerie on 11:47 - Feb 1 with 482 viewssolemio

Bit eerie on 11:12 - Feb 1 by bobbyramsey

Calm down. We like a bit of gossip, a bit of tittle tattle, as I said, bring back the fun of the transfer window.......true or not it keep us entertained 👍

You are totally correct. The transfer window is almost entirely there to provide entertainment for a particular section of our fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024