Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick question LHR to LLS 15:02 - Dec 12 with 868 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Haven’t had the chance to do use this before.

With the Elizabeth line, how quickly can you realistically get to liv str? I don’t always trust the journey planner for such things, seems to be saying longer than I tonight giving relatively new quick time on the train. With my experience can usually get through LHR fairly fast before 7.30am. Landing at T2 if that makes much of a difference.

I ask because I want to buy an advance rail ticket, seems about 15-20% of what any anytime one is and don’t want to really sit around longer than I have to if I book it too far out after a redeye.

Thanks in advance.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:13 - Dec 12 with 798 viewsIllinoisblue

Keeping with the transport theme, how much is a cab from Gatwick to Ipswich town centre?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 784 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:13 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

Keeping with the transport theme, how much is a cab from Gatwick to Ipswich town centre?

Lots obviously.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:19 - Dec 12 with 758 viewslongtimefan

Never done it myself but recall my boss saying it took around 40mins. No idea how that compares to Journey planner. If yo want to keep walking distance to a minimum then consider switch to mainline at Stratford instead. Much more convenient for switching but less train options.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:20 - Dec 12 with 753 views_clive_baker_

< an hour 'door to door', if you're talking from being plonked in T2 to standing at track 9 or 10 at Liverpool Street. c. 40 minutes of tube time and a bit of dead time either end. It's pretty reliable though.

TBH, in terms of a risk factor to booking an advance train ticket, the tube bit must be way down the list compared to your flight getting in on time.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:34 - Dec 12 with 686 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:20 - Dec 12 by _clive_baker_

< an hour 'door to door', if you're talking from being plonked in T2 to standing at track 9 or 10 at Liverpool Street. c. 40 minutes of tube time and a bit of dead time either end. It's pretty reliable though.

TBH, in terms of a risk factor to booking an advance train ticket, the tube bit must be way down the list compared to your flight getting in on time.

Perfect thanks, I think it was all the walking it was suggesting I needed to do that throwing me off a little. My flight is reliable barely late in the last 30 days and often 20 minutes early, so as long as there is no weather stateside should be fine. I’ll take the risk and book one for 2 hours after wheels down.

Cheers.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:37 - Dec 12 with 660 viewsFreddies_Ears

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:34 - Dec 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Perfect thanks, I think it was all the walking it was suggesting I needed to do that throwing me off a little. My flight is reliable barely late in the last 30 days and often 20 minutes early, so as long as there is no weather stateside should be fine. I’ll take the risk and book one for 2 hours after wheels down.

Cheers.

If you miss your booked train, go to the Greater Anglia info point and explain / beg. They may revalidate your ticket for a later train.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:40 - Dec 12 with 649 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:37 - Dec 12 by Freddies_Ears

If you miss your booked train, go to the Greater Anglia info point and explain / beg. They may revalidate your ticket for a later train.

Worth a shot I guess. At least I’ll have loads of luggage to plead my case. Just added to the wallet from the train line app, nice and easy. Now for town to win every game I’m back to make it a very Merry Christmas.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:42 - Dec 12 with 635 viewsSteve_M

In addition to the other stuff, do check the frequency for when you are travelling as a 30 minute wait is a bit tedious. Also, I think there's some engineering works outside Paddington over Christmas so keep an eye on that too.

If it's this Saturday then it should be good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:51 - Dec 12 with 615 viewshype313

Just to add, as great as the Liz line is, at every station it's a walk to the exits and into the line, so add a few minutes for that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:53 - Dec 12 with 607 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:42 - Dec 12 by Steve_M

In addition to the other stuff, do check the frequency for when you are travelling as a 30 minute wait is a bit tedious. Also, I think there's some engineering works outside Paddington over Christmas so keep an eye on that too.

If it's this Saturday then it should be good.

I always remember it being 10/15 mins if I ever took the Piccadilly line, is it situated a bit of out the way?

Either way not the end of the world but I’d rather spend the extra 60 quid in a Suffolk pub that line greater anglia’s coffers, who I’ve never forgiven for making me take buses every weekend throughout my childhood.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:56 - Dec 12 with 592 viewsIllinoisblue

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:15 - Dec 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lots obviously.

Obvs. Can’t recall what I paid last time as was a few years ago.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Quick question LHR to LLS on 16:20 - Dec 12 with 516 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Quick question LHR to LLS on 15:51 - Dec 12 by hype313

Just to add, as great as the Liz line is, at every station it's a walk to the exits and into the line, so add a few minutes for that.

Cheers, get some steps in before the Christmas excess then!

Looking forward to using it, also cost a lot from a car to the Suffolk coast or was a pain to get to LLS from Heathrow previously.
Quick question LHR to LLS on 16:38 - Dec 12 with 473 viewshype313

Quick question LHR to LLS on 16:20 - Dec 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Cheers, get some steps in before the Christmas excess then!

Looking forward to using it, also cost a lot from a car to the Suffolk coast or was a pain to get to LLS from Heathrow previously.

You'll fully deserve your Portman Pie after doing the Liz line, especially with baggage (Cue Hoppy with a 'that's enough about the wife' line)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024