Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Positive Wednesday Experience 16:37 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewsPaul

Have seen the other thread regarding the alleged altercations, but for the sake of balance I cannot praise Sheffield Wednesday enough. Took my youngster (7) to their first away game (as it's our nearest away game) and the stewards were fantastic, went out of their way to help and even moved us to a spot soon after kick-off with a clear view of the pitch due to everyone standing meaning my little one couldn't see much.

Walking back to a side street 15 minutes walk away after the match amongst Wednesday fans in our away shirts was absolutely fine too and thankfully, for my kid's sake, nothing untoward seen. In fact the Wednesday fans I spoke to were very complimentary and welcoming despite their clear unhappiness with their own club.
A Positive Wednesday Experience on 16:45 - Sep 17 with 1125 viewsDJR

Good to hear.
A Positive Wednesday Experience on 19:46 - Sep 17 with 809 viewsgosblue

I think you came and sat near us. She (if that was you and your daughter) looked like she was really enjoying it. The chief steward even came back to check she was ok. At the end a lot of the Wednesday fans were actually applauding the Town fans. I posted in an earlier thread that my heart goes out to most Wednesday fans. I genuinely believe they deserve a better club. There’s no turning back for your youngster, it’s now part of their DNA. I remember very fondly my old man (now passed) taking me to my first match on my sixth birthday. Priceless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024