Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the first player we had on loan and when? 10:01 - Jul 31 with 1103 viewsKeno

Who was the first player we loaned out, when and where did they go?

I dont know the answers but its a 'b-awful' Monday morning and I know some of you like a challenge

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:03 - Jul 31 with 1073 viewsPhilTWTD

First player we had on loan was goalkeeper Roy Tunks, although he didn't actually play a game.
Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 1056 viewsKeno

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:03 - Jul 31 by PhilTWTD

First player we had on loan was goalkeeper Roy Tunks, although he didn't actually play a game.

what a great name!! when was that Phil?

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 1026 viewsRadlett_blue

We loaned full back Steve Stacey to Chester in 1969 & then Charlton in 1970. I think we borrowed Roy Tunks in the 1973-74 season. He was born in Germany.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:46 - Jul 31 with 941 viewsKeno

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:10 - Jul 31 by Radlett_blue

We loaned full back Steve Stacey to Chester in 1969 & then Charlton in 1970. I think we borrowed Roy Tunks in the 1973-74 season. He was born in Germany.

Thanks Raddy

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:49 - Jul 31 with 928 viewsPhilTWTD

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:06 - Jul 31 by Keno

what a great name!! when was that Phil?

I think about 1974.
Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:56 - Jul 31 with 891 viewslowhouseblue

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:10 - Jul 31 by Radlett_blue

according to wiki we loaned ted phillips to stowmarket in 1955/56.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 11:04 - Jul 31 with 855 viewsronnyd

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:56 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

There is an article on FourFourTwo that is an interesting read. Sorry for no link.
Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 12:26 - Jul 31 with 760 viewsRadlett_blue

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 10:56 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

Probably before the Football League allowed clubs to borrow players. I think 1969-70 was the first season they were allowed & I remember huge controversy when Chelsea loaned experienced forward Bobby Tambling to Crystal Palace in January 1970, much to the indignation of their relegation rivals, especially Sheffield Wednesday.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Who was the first player we had on loan and when? on 13:17 - Jul 31 with 706 viewsoldburian

And I saw him play at Kings Road Bury.

Rumour was that he was a bit difficult to handle, his education may have been approved, so Scott Duncan sent him out but the next year Sir Alf wanted to have a look at him and the rest is history.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024