Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is the 5th round draw 22:42 - Jan 29 with 1465 viewsbournemouthblue

and what is going on with the Women's team, did they simply set our expectations to high with all the success they had last season?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

When is the 5th round draw on 23:20 - Jan 29 with 1380 viewspointofblue

Tomorrow on The One Show - 7pm, BBC One.

Think the women may have slightly over-achieved last year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When is the 5th round draw on 00:36 - Jan 30 with 1316 viewsberkstractorboy

The women lost narrowly to a Championship side, no shame in that at all.

Lost a couple of the better players this season who have moved to higher teams so would always impact them.
When is the 5th round draw on 01:49 - Jan 30 with 1280 viewsbournemouthblue

When is the 5th round draw on 00:36 - Jan 30 by berkstractorboy

The women lost narrowly to a Championship side, no shame in that at all.

Lost a couple of the better players this season who have moved to higher teams so would always impact them.

So a victim of their success in some ways.

I must admit, I've made the same ignorant mistake of seeing Lewes and assuming they aren't likely to be a league above us, there's some random women's teams who have established histories we just don't have yet, even if we are attached to a significantly bigger club historically

When is the 5th round draw on 09:22 - Jan 30 with 954 viewsberkstractorboy

When is the 5th round draw on 01:49 - Jan 30 by bournemouthblue

I must admit, I've made the same ignorant mistake of seeing Lewes and assuming they aren't likely to be a league above us, there's some random women's teams who have established histories we just don't have yet, even if we are attached to a significantly bigger club historically

I think so to some degree and a shame not able to attract one or 2 more to push on as now might be the time. I assumed Lewes were probably a team for Brighton area but I see Brighton Ladies are Premiership so 2 good teams in that area.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 16:21]
When is the 5th round draw on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 929 viewsbrazil1982

I think we will see the demise of these independent women's teams over the next decade as I predict PL clubs will be mandated to have a professional women's side which will dwarf any "smaller" clubs.

Another intriguing thing: we never hear of the player transfer cost or wages in Women's football.
When is the 5th round draw on 15:44 - Jan 30 with 765 viewsbournemouthblue

When is the 5th round draw on 09:36 - Jan 30 by brazil1982

I think we will see the demise of these independent women's teams over the next decade as I predict PL clubs will be mandated to have a professional women's side which will dwarf any "smaller" clubs.

Another intriguing thing: we never hear of the player transfer cost or wages in Women's football.

I don't think it really needs a mandate, a lot of the clubs are realising the benefits of a women's team

It's clearly something we are going to look to push on with ourselves

A lot of clubs will see it as a way to widen their fanbase

When is the 5th round draw on 16:07 - Jan 30 with 704 viewsxrayspecs

When is the 5th round draw on 09:36 - Jan 30 by brazil1982

The average salary in Women's Prem League has been reported to be around £45k per season. The highest earners are supposedly on about £300k per year.

From memory, Town have about 10 or so women on professional contracts with the remainder of the squad in the academy. I believe that most of our professionals also have day jobs. Blue Wilson is training to be an accountant, I think Maddie Biggs works in Waitrose?, Natasha Thomas works at a gym in Lowestoft.
When is the 5th round draw on 17:01 - Jan 30 with 577 viewsTractor_Buck

Indeed.

We host Wolves Women at AFC Telford. They are the same level as Ipswich but in the other regional division. Amongst others so far this season, they've played Brighouse Town, Loughborough Lightning, Boldmere St Michaels and AFC Fylde.

Yesterday they played WSL West Ham Utd in the FA Cup (and lost 0-2). Paul Konchesky claimed that the reason WHU, who play their home games at Dagenham & Redbridge, took until the 51st minute to score was because of the 'bobbly pitch'. Our pitch is cared for to EPL standard in conjunction with Wolves and St Georges Park, so we can also host England representative games and it's like a billiard table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024