Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fog Off! 10:42 - Jan 22 with 539 viewsPendejo

There was a game at Port Vale in the late 90s where I couldn't see the other end, we won and would have been pished off if the game had been abandoned.

Yesterday, at 1-1, it should have been abandoned. For much of the second half how many could see much beyond the far post of the goal at our end, let alone anything in the other half?

When ref went over to the side I genuinely thought that he was asking them to keep the electronic advertising boards in bright colours, so at least we could view some shadows, and I'm not talking about Hank Marvin.

My only positives from yesterday was meeting up with Wallingford Blue after x years and getting home on the train one hour earlier than booked.

There's something wrong with the team / squad. Something has upset the group, no idea what / who / how. us
There is a mental weakness now that wasn't there before. I won't point at individual players, it's a team game. I will point at "the fans", slow to provide unflinching unwavering support, quick to refer to own players as cunits and not fit to wear the shirt - yep that's some of the attitudes I could hear.

Given how sparse away tickets are, rarely hitting general sale one assumed only die hards get tickets. If the die hards are that fickle then the negative energy blunts the positivity. I guess that's how the last few years have conditioned us, we are on the ropes and suffering imposter syndrome, preferring to hate rather than offer a pick me up.

I have no idea of when my next game is, here's hoping our young trainee manager finds the solutions needed to even dream of automatic promotion, and even that now dependent on those above us hitting a catastrophic dip in form.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Fog Off! on 10:46 - Jan 22 with 508 viewsPhilTWTD

The famous Veil Park match.
Fog Off! on 10:49 - Jan 22 with 477 viewsronnyd

Fog Off! on 10:46 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

The famous Veil Park match.

Aptly named then.
Fog Off! on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 476 viewsPinewoodblue

Was living in Norwich back in 70’s. Working one evening close to Carrow Road. There was heavy mist over the river, they opened the exit gates ten minutes before the end, the mist rolled in through the gates and the game was abandoned.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Fog Off! on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 474 viewsSitfcB

Wigan away a few years back was good as well!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Fog Off! on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 482 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Genuinely think that Charlton result spooked the team - think that was harder to take than we realise.

I also thought that about the advertising boards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024