Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Langstaff 01:45 - Dec 23 with 1739 viewsPerublue

Has he been brought up in the long list of possible goal scorers ?

Notts county I know but that league is as good if not better than the one directly below us ... 20 odd goals ..0 penalties in that ... and hasn't scored a goal further out than the penalty spot.....with the service he'd get ... well.. I'm dribbling.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Macauley Langstaff on 15:47 - Dec 23 with 1349 viewsKentish_Tractor

Very big gamble. One I'd like us to take but I'm imagining McKenna will want a player with experience at a higher level than one on the way up.

He could be a Jamie Vardy. Or he could be a Sam Parkin..

According to reports they'd be looking for a 1m fee which could put him out of our range regardless.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Macauley Langstaff on 18:06 - Dec 23 with 1254 viewsSharkey

On this subject, it was reported in the press today that the League is going to offer the National League 3 up (rather than the current 2).

I think if this happens that within a few years League 2 will be noticeably stronger than the National League as most of of the well-backed National League clubs manage to escape back into the League. But it could pan out differently of course.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 18:14]
Macauley Langstaff on 18:32 - Dec 23 with 1185 viewsPerublue

Macauley Langstaff on 18:06 - Dec 23 by Sharkey

On this subject, it was reported in the press today that the League is going to offer the National League 3 up (rather than the current 2).

I think if this happens that within a few years League 2 will be noticeably stronger than the National League as most of of the well-backed National League clubs manage to escape back into the League. But it could pan out differently of course.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2022 18:14]

Is there some rule were the National league is currently not under the same financial rules as league 2 ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Macauley Langstaff on 18:50 - Dec 23 with 1126 viewsSharkey

Macauley Langstaff on 18:32 - Dec 23 by Perublue

Is there some rule were the National league is currently not under the same financial rules as league 2 ?

Yes, I believe there is no financial fair-play stipulation in the National League, and there are some very high earners.

And I think National League teams currently benefit from being able to loan league players when league clubs can't. (But I must say, I'm no expert on any of this.)
Macauley Langstaff on 08:50 - Dec 24 with 877 viewscooperd5

Macauley Langstaff on 15:47 - Dec 23 by Kentish_Tractor

Very big gamble. One I'd like us to take but I'm imagining McKenna will want a player with experience at a higher level than one on the way up.

He could be a Jamie Vardy. Or he could be a Sam Parkin..

According to reports they'd be looking for a 1m fee which could put him out of our range regardless.

Notts are effectively bankrupt according to Price of football Kierran Maguire, owe £12M and are relying on owners to pay their way....
Macauley Langstaff on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 782 viewsKentish_Tractor

Macauley Langstaff on 08:50 - Dec 24 by cooperd5

Notts are effectively bankrupt according to Price of football Kierran Maguire, owe £12M and are relying on owners to pay their way....

They are also top of the National League though, mainly thanks to this guy.

I imagine promotion is worth a lot to them.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024