Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on the game 4 23:11 - Aug 16 with 451 viewsKropotkin123

Urgh, what game. The first half went very much to their plan. We were very fortunate that they didn't take their chances like they did at the weekend. The main area for concern was the amount of unforced errors. Our passing was uncharacteristically sloppy

Westlake was calling it though, we had to keep passing it back to stretch and tire them, and it worked. From about the 50min, we found ourselves under a looser press, and utilized that space to create more chances.

I looked at the stats and in the first half they had 9 shots and we had 5. By the end of the game they had 14 shots and we had 16, which underlines the shift in play.

The goal seemed to come out of nothing, but maybe I was just focusing on my work at that point. JD had a great game. Walton was assured and there when we needed him. Jackson had a good game, but his finish was poor.

In the end my MOTM was Leigh. He only just pipped JD. His defensive contribution was enormous. So many interceptions and blocks. One thing that I would have liked to see him do more was run beyond his man in attack. He seemed to want to stay goal side when were in possession. Davis and Burns both do this better. If he wants to elevate himself, he needs to work on this. I can't help but think he would be a great LCB in the three, with Woolf or Edmundson taking the CB slot and JD on the RCB. Too early to really stand behind that statement though.

This was our first test against a long ball team and whilst we came through it with three points, it wasn't with flying colours.

Proud that we are top, 1 point clear, and have 10 points from our first 4 games. Certainly more than I was expecting when I saw the fixtures come out.

Onwards!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:19]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024