Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelski up for sale? 17:23 - Mar 2 with 744 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Maybe.... https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12555563/roman-abramovich-willing-

This begs a question to me;

Clearly given his connections it is desirable for Chelsea to be under different ownership, should a sale if one were to be agreed, be allowed in order to facilitate change?

Or should another solution be found, law passed to allow the seizure of the club for example?

With the Villas seizure would seem by far the best option, monies could go to Ukraine for help with the war effort or rebuilding but with a club you must factor in the community around it (even if it is Chelsea), the government would have to be very careful how they disposed of it and given it is a vanity project the expense of running it until a sale is concluded is not exactly a good use of public money, let alone the potential risk of litigation from Romans very expensive lawyers (Could imagine Giovani De Stefano being keen on adding to his list of macabre clients) once all this blows over if he didn't get back the 1.5 billion that Chelsea currently owe him.

Just keen to hear people's thoughts really. I'd love to see the club seized and sold for sealed bids with all monies donated to Ukraine but I appreciate that practicality makes that a pipe dream.

Never worth 3 billion either.

Suggestions? How to solve the Chelski problem ?

What do we all think?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 17:31]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Chelski up for sale? on 17:25 - Mar 2 with 726 viewschicoazul

At last lifelong Chelsea fan Marcus Evans’ time has come.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chelski up for sale? on 18:02 - Mar 2 with 656 viewsIllinoisblue

Chelski up for sale? on 17:25 - Mar 2 by chicoazul

At last lifelong Chelsea fan Marcus Evans’ time has come.

Lukaku out and Leon Best in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chelski up for sale? on 18:16 - Mar 2 with 618 viewsrgp1

Lots of double standards going on here I imagine. For example how many businesses or individuals have taken Russian money or have investments or interests in Russian firms. I imagine various rags and media outlets will be looking to dig some dirt.
Chelski up for sale? on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 603 viewsMattinLondon

Chelski up for sale? on 18:16 - Mar 2 by rgp1

Lots of double standards going on here I imagine. For example how many businesses or individuals have taken Russian money or have investments or interests in Russian firms. I imagine various rags and media outlets will be looking to dig some dirt.

This could well be untrue but I did read an article stating that Rees-Mogg withdraw tens of millions of pounds from the Russian companies just before sanctions were implemented.

Could be false though.
Chelski up for sale? on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 602 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Instant relegation to the Isthmian League.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Chelski up for sale? on 18:33 - Mar 2 with 585 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Chelski up for sale? on 18:16 - Mar 2 by rgp1

No doubt but in this case we are talking about an individual who is known to be close to Putin and the Kremlin

Chelski up for sale? on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 554 viewsgtsb1966

I heard earlier that Chelsea are in debt to Abramovich to the tune of 1.5 billion. Is he going to do a Marcus then?
Chelski up for sale? on 18:46 - Mar 2 with 531 viewsgarygboltonblue

Chelski up for sale? on 18:39 - Mar 2 by gtsb1966

I heard earlier that Chelsea are in debt to Abramovich to the tune of 1.5 billion. Is he going to do a Marcus then?

He is
Login to get fewer ads

Chelski up for sale? on 18:59 - Mar 2 with 488 viewsFixed_It

Chelski up for sale? on 18:39 - Mar 2 by gtsb1966

Aparently so.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Chelski up for sale? on 19:16 - Mar 2 with 454 viewsrgp1

Chelski up for sale? on 18:33 - Mar 2 by BlueandTruesince82

No doubt but in this case we are talking about an individual who is known to be close to Putin and the Kremlin

Fair point actually in Chelsea's case as with any prem side don't they have to lodge a bond or something with the league to ensure if they go tits up that the fixtures get completed?
Chelski up for sale? on 19:20 - Mar 2 with 441 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Chelski up for sale? on 19:16 - Mar 2 by rgp1

Fair point actually in Chelsea's case as with any prem side don't they have to lodge a bond or something with the league to ensure if they go tits up that the fixtures get completed?

No idea on that but sounds far to sensible to be a thing

Update on the story, he claims proceed will go to Ukraine

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12555799/chelsea-owner-roman-abram

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024