Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Hayes 22:30 - Dec 5 with 1115 viewschrismakin

Genuinely. How would feel if she was given the chance?

I literally know 0 of her but seen her mentioned by Watson etc. And the replies that tweet were shocking.

How do you feel on here?

Weren't we the first club to bring Dutch players
Could we be the first mens team to have a female coach?

One on hand. I think it would great. On the other I'm unsure how players would act.. are they mature enough to be coached by a female. Are we there yet in life or do the tweet replies show no not yet.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Emma Hayes on 22:31 - Dec 5 with 1092 viewspointofblue

I don't think she'd come here but would be perfectly happy if she did.

The discrepancy between the female and male game would be laid bare, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Emma Hayes on 22:32 - Dec 5 with 1066 viewsZXBlue

It would feel like a publicity stunt.

No problem for me at all if she were the best eprson for the job. But no experience of the men's game which IS different in many ways. And inevitably, not all man management issues woudl be straightforward. Though that aspect would be a fascinating social experiment.
Emma Hayes on 22:36 - Dec 5 with 1005 viewsGarv

Realistically I don't think we're there yet.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Emma Hayes on 22:38 - Dec 5 with 981 viewsNeedhamChris

Sadly, for all it's plus points - I doubt the first place that's going to embrace it is sleepy Suffolk

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Emma Hayes on 22:41 - Dec 5 with 956 viewspositivity

certainly talks a good game, very insightful as a pundit.

unfortunately i think the reality is that some male coaches who've been in the women's game will have to show that the skills are transferable before a woman gets a chance.

also, i'd expect to see female coaches/assistants before a manager is given a chance

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Emma Hayes on 22:41 - Dec 5 with 953 viewsJDB23

She always comes across really well whenever I've listened to her, having said that I'm not sure we're the club to take that risk of a complete unknown given our expectations.
Emma Hayes on 22:43 - Dec 5 with 925 viewspointofblue

Emma Hayes on 22:41 - Dec 5 by JDB23

She always comes across really well whenever I've listened to her, having said that I'm not sure we're the club to take that risk of a complete unknown given our expectations.

She's won more trophies than all of our previous managers put together. In fairness, she's only a complete unknown due to a lack of interest in women's football.

Emma Hayes on 22:43 - Dec 5 with 924 viewsRomeo4

She’s always impressed me when I’ve heard her talk about the game and she’s been very successful of late. It would be intriguing to find out if she could transfer her skills to the men’s game. I’d just prefer to watch that sort of experiment from afar i.e. at a different club rather than my own!
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes on 22:47 - Dec 5 with 880 viewstractorshark

Don’t care about her being a woman but the difference between the two games is still enormous.
The talent pool in women’s football is so much smaller so if you manage a club with money you are always going to monopolise the better players.
Yes it happens in men’s football as well but it is so much more noticeable in the women’s game which is why you get such high-scoring one-sided games.
Does it make her a good coach or a privileged one? I suppose you could level that argument at a Guardiola who has only worked with Barca, Bayern and City.
But Chelsea’s women were 4-0 down after 30-odd minutes in last season’s Champions League final against Barcelona and that tells me a lot about Emma Hayes and the standards in women’s football.
The women’s game is thriving and rightly so but it still has a long way to go before we stamp out the 20-0 wins over Latvia, which do more harm than good.
Appointing a woman’s coach right now would just smack of a PR stunt.
Emma Hayes on 22:47 - Dec 5 with 873 viewsJDB23

Emma Hayes on 22:43 - Dec 5 by pointofblue

She's won more trophies than all of our previous managers put together. In fairness, she's only a complete unknown due to a lack of interest in women's football.

The complete unknown is how she would work in the men's game, the dynamic of managing men, adjusting her tactics to men's football, dealing with the national spotlight being firmly on her etc.
Emma Hayes on 22:52 - Dec 5 with 842 viewspointofblue

Emma Hayes on 22:47 - Dec 5 by JDB23

The complete unknown is how she would work in the men's game, the dynamic of managing men, adjusting her tactics to men's football, dealing with the national spotlight being firmly on her etc.

Fair point. Though think I'd prefer her to most of the male managers linked!

Emma Hayes on 23:21 - Dec 5 with 724 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was it Wimbledon who were given very short shrift for suggesting something similar?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Emma Hayes on 23:32 - Dec 5 with 667 viewspatrickswell

I don’t think it would matter what the fans felt but rather more what the players felt. And given that a number of them had worked with Cook before/cited Cook as a reason why they came here only to perform so poorly this season, I really doubt whether any of them could suck up their pride and listen to what a female coach was telling them.

[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 23:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024