Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. 10:20 - Jul 15 with 3285 viewschrismakin

it's got to the point Warne realises that he needs to sell before he can shop.... perhaps crooks movement next week...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 2929 viewsitfc1108

It looks like Fraser may be an alternative to Crooks.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,second-championship-club-bid-for
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:25 - Jul 15 with 2889 viewschrismakin

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:22 - Jul 15 by itfc1108

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,second-championship-club-bid-for

Translates as offer is still 500k but we need to boost the price. Tell the papers asap we have higher offers to get town to increase theirs

Remember Ashton.... clubs will use papers etc.

If we want him.. we might go in with one last bid. But I think the papers are just guessing we arent interested just because we didnt go in with a high offer.

Interesting from warne... leaves it all to the chairman but now speaking with PC about it...
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 11:28]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:26 - Jul 15 with 2864 viewstractorboy1978

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:22 - Jul 15 by itfc1108

I think all of that is just as likely to be bravado as it is true to be perfectly honest. There are no stories elsewhere of either of these Championship sides bidding.
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:33 - Jul 15 with 2730 viewsWallingford_Boy

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:26 - Jul 15 by tractorboy1978

I think all of that is just as likely to be bravado as it is true to be perfectly honest. There are no stories elsewhere of either of these Championship sides bidding.

I think there must be something in it and we do seem way off in our valuation.

Odd really as we have paid that for Fraser, so not sure why we are holding out at half his value.

I know Phil is confident, but I'd be very surprised to see us pull this one off.

RIP Sir Bobby

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:36 - Jul 15 with 2674 viewsKieran_Knows

Such a strange bloke is Paul Warne.

Sounds a bloke that is desperate to appease his own supporters as he knows he’s about to lose his best player to a League 1 rival, unless a Championship club comes in and gazumps us. I doubt a Championship club has even made an offer for Crooks, he’s just trying to drum up interest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:37 - Jul 15 with 2629 viewsportmanking

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:36 - Jul 15 by Kieran_Knows

Sounds a bloke that is desperate to appease his own supporters as he knows he’s about to lose his best player to a League 1 rival, unless a Championship club comes in and gazumps us. I doubt a Championship club has even made an offer for Crooks, he’s just trying to drum up interest.

I'm not even sure if we need Crooks now. Fraser is arguably a better fit for Cook's number 10 than Crooks anyhow. If we can get Celina to play the left inside forward role and Burns on the right wing, we should be laughing.

I still think we'll get a seasoned campaigner in as a squad player for central midfield e.g. Smallwood?
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 2583 viewsJimmy86

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:36 - Jul 15 by Kieran_Knows

He is coming across as a right douche in all honesty... if we do lose out to a championship club then fair enough.. not much we can do about that, if he wants to play championship football... Warne is clearly not wanting to lose him to a league 1 rival, but it remains to be seen whether this indeed championship interest or not. He has seemingly been happy to play it out in the public domain
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 2573 viewsBlueBlood90

Once again Warne has not mentioned who this second Championship club is but talks about Ipswich all the time with absolutely no privacy.

From what I can see online there are no rumours coming from any Championship side that their club have made an offer for him so I wouldn't take this at face value.

I do think if we get a good fee for Downes and Gibbs then that will be the money brought in to sign Crooks.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:43 - Jul 15 with 2522 viewspointofblue

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:40 - Jul 15 by BlueBlood90

Once again Warne has not mentioned who this second Championship club is but talks about Ipswich all the time with absolutely no privacy.

From what I can see online there are no rumours coming from any Championship side that their club have made an offer for him so I wouldn't take this at face value.

I do think if we get a good fee for Downes and Gibbs then that will be the money brought in to sign Crooks.

If we are wanting to bring money in to sign Crooks this is surely the moment for these Championship sides to come in and sign him?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:46 - Jul 15 with 2482 viewsBent_double

Budgie fan, isn't he. Will probably do anything to prevent us from getting one of his best players, or get us to pay over the odds for him.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:13]

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 12:20 - Jul 15 with 2331 viewsITFCBlues

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 11:37 - Jul 15 by portmanking

I'm not even sure if we need Crooks now. Fraser is arguably a better fit for Cook's number 10 than Crooks anyhow. If we can get Celina to play the left inside forward role and Burns on the right wing, we should be laughing.

I still think we'll get a seasoned campaigner in as a squad player for central midfield e.g. Smallwood?

And what happens if Fraser gets injured for a couple of months?

You need a squad...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 13:22 - Jul 15 with 2167 viewsPique

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 12:20 - Jul 15 by ITFCBlues

And what happens if Fraser gets injured for a couple of months?

You need a squad...

Quite, and this worries me slightly - our first choice XI is potentially looking amazing, but the squad is still a wee bit thin overall.

We definitely still need Crooks, because it sounds like he can play both as a no 10 and as a defensive midfielder, so offers flexibility and cover. Plus he’s a really good player, of course.
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 13:27 - Jul 15 with 2130 viewsPique

He’s coming across as a bit of a pathetic figure IMO, because this is really nothing to do with him anymore. The key players are now the Ipswich ownership/Ashton, the Rotherham ownership, and Crooks himself.

If Crooks wants to come here, and if he doesn’t get a better (ie Championship) offer, and if both ownerships agree a few, then he’ll come here. And if one or more of those things don’t happen then he won’t.

All Warne’s talk of not wanting to sell to a League One rival etc is just irrelevant rubbish from a bloke who’s been sidelined (and is presumably a bit narked about it).
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 13:43 - Jul 15 with 2041 viewsChurchman

He is coming across as a bit of a plonker trying to use the media that way.

He also used the phrase ‘no disrespect to Ipswich’. I hate that. It means every disrespect to Ipswich and I would prefer he was was honest about it and said. Not least because who cares what the berk has to say. It’s a bit like when somebody says ‘I don’t mean to be rude but’… yes you do!
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 14:23 - Jul 15 with 1906 viewsPhilTWTD

He's a nice bloke from what I know of him but he does talk an awful lot. I can remember Mick pacing up and down outside the press room at Rotherham as PW's presser was dragging on and he wanted to get out on the road.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Championship 'interest' is rather less developed than suggested.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 14:39 - Jul 15 with 1806 viewschrismakin

Rotherham manager regarding incoming and outgoings. on 14:23 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

He's a nice bloke from what I know of him but he does talk an awful lot. I can remember Mick pacing up and down outside the press room at Rotherham as PW's presser was dragging on and he wanted to get out on the road.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Championship 'interest' is rather less developed than suggested.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hes probably fired off an email to all champ clubs. " please dont make me have to sell to ipswich"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024