Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food 17:25 - Feb 13 with 3581 viewsCheltenham_Blue

stocked up, and staff off furlough, even though you've been ordered to close for eight weeks during a global pandemic, just incase ITFC can't play a team.

Why isn't such a hotel in Shrewsbury?
WHY WHY WHY????

Idiots.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:29]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:27 - Feb 13 with 2797 viewschrismakin

Wouldn't town have travelled back tomorrow morning? so the hotel would have been open for them tonight anyway?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:29 - Feb 13 with 2795 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:27 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

Wouldn't town have travelled back tomorrow morning? so the hotel would have been open for them tonight anyway?

Seeing as they are on their way home now, that would be a no.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 2755 viewschrismakin

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:29 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Seeing as they are on their way home now, that would be a no.

Wouldn't it have been different though had the game been played...

Player after game talks, showers, food, hospitaility etc, probably wouldnt have the left the ground until later this evening?

That's just a guess, i've no idea if teams travel on the day home or usually morning after with a trip that distance...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 2755 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:31 - Feb 13 by chrismakin

Wouldn't it have been different though had the game been played...

Player after game talks, showers, food, hospitaility etc, probably wouldnt have the left the ground until later this evening?

That's just a guess, i've no idea if teams travel on the day home or usually morning after with a trip that distance...

From experience. 95% especially at this level, are on the way home about 90 minutes after the final whistle.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 2751 viewsHerbivore

The team stayed in a hotel last night. I doubt the logistics of staying another night would have been insurmountable had we wanted to. We seem to prefer to stack up games in hand rather than actually play, we did the same last season too whenever possible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 2715 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:32 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

The team stayed in a hotel last night. I doubt the logistics of staying another night would have been insurmountable had we wanted to. We seem to prefer to stack up games in hand rather than actually play, we did the same last season too whenever possible.

Give your head a wobble. Do you know how hotels work?
Clearly not. Last nights stay wasn't booked last Wednesday.

"If we wanted too", It isn't up to ITFC is it? Its up to the owners of the hotel, the staff, the supply chain, do you know the logistics of taking 10 staff off furlough for 1 day and then putting them back on it?

Seems some were desperate for anything to get at Lambert for today, THIS isn't it.

I'll wait on the down arrow.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:37]

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 2684 viewsHerbivore

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:36 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

"If we wanted too", It isn't up to ITFC is it? Its up to the owners of the hotel, the staff, the supply chain, do you know the logistics of taking 10 staff off furlough for 1 day and then putting them back on it?

Seems some were desperate for anything to get at Lambert for today, THIS isn't it.

Give my head a wobble? You appear to be a total berk.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:40 - Feb 13 with 2659 viewsxrayspecs

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:32 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

You clearly do not understand then.
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:40 - Feb 13 with 2659 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:38 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

As do you Herbs. Maybe you'll feel better in the morning.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 2637 viewsHerbivore

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:40 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

As do you Herbs. Maybe you'll feel better in the morning.

I feel fine now, thanks.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:46 - Feb 13 with 2600 viewsIpswichKnight

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:36 - Feb 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

There are loads of sticks to beat the club management with but this is really not one of them.
Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 2528 viewsBluefish

Congrats on your bold effort to be the new board thicko

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:14 - Feb 13 with 2484 viewsKeaneish

I like the way you added “global” to pandemic for extra emphasis even though the definition of the word pandemic is global by definition. You should write for The Sun.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:18 - Feb 13 with 2456 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:01 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

Congrats on your bold effort to be the new board thicko

I don't think anyone will ever take that from you if I'm honest.
The board should probably retire the title when you leave.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:24 - Feb 13 with 2419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:24 - Feb 13 with 2418 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poor, ill informed effort.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 2402 viewsMrTown

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 17:38 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Show him the red card Herbs?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 2405 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It would be eminently possible.

However, if PL didnt want to play Sunday - Tuesday, thats fair enough.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 2394 viewsMrTown

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:24 - Feb 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Poor, ill informed effort.

What is the informed effort to counter this then please, just so we can clear it up once and for all?

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:28 - Feb 13 with 2385 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:27 - Feb 13 by MrTown

What is the informed effort to counter this then please, just so we can clear it up once and for all?

They stayed in the hotel the night before, and if all parties were willing (inc the hotel), there is no reason why they couldn't have stayed tonight.

As I said below, if PL didnt want to play Sunday - Tuesday then fair enough.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:32 - Feb 13 with 2366 viewsMrTown

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:28 - Feb 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

They stayed in the hotel the night before, and if all parties were willing (inc the hotel), there is no reason why they couldn't have stayed tonight.

As I said below, if PL didnt want to play Sunday - Tuesday then fair enough.

These factors we don’t know, so you are purely speculating as much as anyone else.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:34 - Feb 13 with 2356 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:32 - Feb 13 by MrTown

These factors we don’t know, so you are purely speculating as much as anyone else.

If we cant speculate, we may as well close the forum.

Your response seems to agree, that it is possible that we could have stayed a further night. Excellent. Good man.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:38 - Feb 13 with 2331 viewsMrTown

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:34 - Feb 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we cant speculate, we may as well close the forum.

Your response seems to agree, that it is possible that we could have stayed a further night. Excellent. Good man.

You were very quick to suggest another poster had made a “poor, ill-informed effort”, yet it holds no less validity than anything you’ve posted on the matter - made me chuckle.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:42 - Feb 13 with 2308 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:38 - Feb 13 by MrTown

You were very quick to suggest another poster had made a “poor, ill-informed effort”, yet it holds no less validity than anything you’ve posted on the matter - made me chuckle.

You did read the OP didn't you?

1. Seemed unaware that we stayed in a hotel last night.
2. Suggested it was impossible to stay in a hotel tonight.

If the hotel had such a 'cant do' attitude, then he would be right. But with a can do, positive attitude from all parties an extra nights stay would be eminently possible.

I can see you are a 'cant do' type.

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:46 - Feb 13 with 2284 viewsMrTown

Imagine running a hotel and having to keep fresh food on 18:42 - Feb 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

You did read the OP didn't you?

1. Seemed unaware that we stayed in a hotel last night.
2. Suggested it was impossible to stay in a hotel tonight.

If the hotel had such a 'cant do' attitude, then he would be right. But with a can do, positive attitude from all parties an extra nights stay would be eminently possible.

I can see you are a 'cant do' type.

What a lot of garbage you’ve just written

I think we can just draw your posts in this thread as an ‘ill-informed’, and leave it there.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024