Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't mind signing Hawkins 09:30 - Aug 14 with 829 viewsSomethingBlue

It's similar to when we wanted Tom Elliott a year ago, isn't it? Elliott hasn't done a lot since but I'd have had him here. We need someone who can make it stick up there sometimes and also take some of the sh7t attackers get, especially if we want to give players like Dobra, Lankester (and even Bishop) the space to be effective. It's a workable plan B and the kind of alternative we have lacked. Shouldn't need to be a 20-goal man.

If Cornell is coming in too then that's a decent capture for us. On Ward, I'll wait and see if he still has the legs for it but I'm not convinced. Either way, if we can finally add a winger on top of all this then we are right back in "no excuses" territory, barring some sort of dramatic fire sale.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 9:30]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I don't mind signing Hawkins on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 781 viewsdavblue

I don't know too much about the Hawkins or Cornell tbh. Hawkins, the question mark is is he a physical type or just a tall bloke.

Ward, i also have my doubts full back is a hard position to play when you get into your 30's, i suspect he might be more of a holding full back as bombing up and down the touchline at his age will be a tough ask. He might be supremely fit and it won't be a worry but we will see.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 9:50]
I don't mind signing Hawkins on 09:44 - Aug 14 with 742 viewswaveneyblue

This is no place for sensible reasonable views.

We should be buying better players, you know the ones who are happy to receive a couple of grand a week.

Lambert out... etc
I don't mind signing Hawkins on 09:57 - Aug 14 with 696 viewsBluefish

We could bring no one in and still benin no excuses territory. We are in division 3 playing against Fleetwood, Accrington, Rochdale etc

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024