Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism 19:39 - Mar 5 with 1078 viewstractordownsouth

Never got round to watching in the summer. I posted something similar on another thread but after watching it I feel more compelled to fully apologise for some of my conduct on here. Whilst I never denied that there was a problem ( eg. I was always in favour of booting out Ken Livingstone), I certainly didn’t appreciate the scale and the effect that it had on the lives of people involved. There was some quite moving stuff in there. I’ve also spoken to my mate, whose Dad resigned as Labour leader on Cornwall Council as he’d received a barrage of abuse, partly because of his Jewish heritage - I’ve seen a lot of it on Twitter.

I think the issue with a certain faction of the left wing movement is that even if the leader themselves isn’t anti-semitic, people with racist views tend to hang on to their coattails. We’re seeing it on twitter now - almost all of the unsavoury views have come from accounts backing Rebecca Long Bailey and Richard Burgon. The fact that a section of their supporters have become so viscous to Starmer at least gives me hope that if/when he wins, these racists will sod off to George Galloway’s new party. Again that’s not to say that all RLB/ JC fans are racists, just that the racists in the Labour Party do seem to support them.

Anyway, long story short, I feel I’ve been in denial to a certain extent about it and have defended it in a way by choosing to say “yeah but the Tories” instead of deal with our own issues. The Tories undoubtedly have their issues of course, but I really hope we get our own house in order so that Jews can feel more comfortable in the party, hopefully one that can be back in Government in 4 years.

PS: Sorry for the self indulgence
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 19:43]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 1003 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

R.C.P and S.W.P. types get access to Twitter shocker! Always been there now just amplified by social media and used for everything it is worth by those who can use it to their ends.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:33 - Mar 5 with 987 viewsStokieBlue

Yet some on here dismiss that documentary entirely.

SB
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 20:34]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:40 - Mar 5 with 954 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:33 - Mar 5 by StokieBlue

SB

Did they?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:44 - Mar 5 with 939 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:46 - Mar 5 with 930 viewsLord_Lucan

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:33 - Mar 5 by StokieBlue

SB

Don't be darf

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 917 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:40 - Mar 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Did they?

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? by Darth_Koont 7 Jul 2019 11:44
Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

Iron Lion Zion

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 909 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:46 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Don't be darf

Yeah what sort of Koont would do that?

Iron Lion Zion

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 22:10 - Mar 5 with 811 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m not going to have a go because like everything should be you’re obviously taking it on good faith.

And very compelling it is. But Google the responses to it and ask yourself why the accused had zero right of reply.

IMO (of course) it’s one of the worst pieces of journalism in recent years.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 22:16 - Mar 5 with 799 viewsfooters

No one on here has ever denied a problem with antisemitism in Labour or been an apologist for it, despite what some cranks may want you to believe.

It's the party political twisting and exacerbating of the issue which has been the issue on here since day one.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 22:16 - Mar 5 with 796 viewsDarth_Koont

Just watched that Panorama programme on Labour antisemitism on 20:50 - Mar 5 by GlasgowBlue

Panorama? Or Tunnel Vision? by Darth_Koont 7 Jul 2019 11:44
Well, this confirms my worst fears for Wednesday's Panorama exposé on Labour antisemitism.

At a time when we need balance and perspective to get past the narrative and look at facts, instead we've got a journalist who is one of the chief architects of that narrative ... he's already been accused of doing a Panorama hatchet job against Corbyn in 2015 as well as being repeatedly accused of having a pro-Israel and islamophobic stance in other stories.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/07/the-background-of-the-man-behind-the-panorama-hatchet-job-or-jobs-on-labour-party/

That doesn't read well. And looks like the BBC will be doubling down on its generally pretty awful and non-factual reporting around this crisis.

The state of our politics and our media ...

Still as true as the day I wrote it.

Get into the evidence if you say you don’t believe me. The Ellman allegations have been forcibly retracted and you’ve dodged it.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024