Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the Labour Hustings in Bristol today 15:20 - Feb 1 with 600 viewstractordownsouth

Managed to get a late ticket, and accidentally arrived far too early, although it did allow me to get a front row seat. Managed to get some poor quality selfies with Starmer and Nandy and had a decent conversations with them both, and they agreed with my point about needing an ideologically and geographically diverse cabinet. They both seemed very nice, and Keir in particular seemed really natural in conversation and was asking me questions about my uni course, which was a nice touch.

They all spoke reasonably well, I think Nandy shaded the hustings although Thornberry spoke passionately and is a decent communicator. I won't be voting for her however, as I don't think she can connect to the people that Labour lost. Starmer definitely had the best closing speech and both he or Nandy would be a good choice.

I'm off to the deputy hustings in Cardiff tomorrow, looking forward to it. Don't really know much about the candidates so I'm going into it open mindedly.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Went to the Labour Hustings in Bristol today on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 508 viewsgordon

For me this rules Nandy out:
https://marksimonfrankland.blogspot.com/2020/01/an-open-letter-to-lisa-nandy-mp.

Supporting how Spain has acted over Catalonia is beyond the pale for me, and her attitude towards Scotland isn't going to get many votes back there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024