Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 08:17 - Jan 1 with 651 viewsVitalLincolnCity

As we arrive at the midpoint of the season, it is time to crunch some numbers. Exactly how tough has the fixture list been for each League One club?

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/so-who-has-had-the-toughest-start-december-2
So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 on 08:25 - Jan 1 with 616 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s an interesting concept I suppose.

It claims that overall Town have had the 21st hardest fixtures in the league. Simply because we’ve played the worst teams away rather than at home.

But with everyone having played everyone once, I’d argue the table is how it should be and would’ve evened out by now.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 on 09:51 - Jan 1 with 515 viewsSouperJim

So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 on 08:25 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s an interesting concept I suppose.

It claims that overall Town have had the 21st hardest fixtures in the league. Simply because we’ve played the worst teams away rather than at home.

But with everyone having played everyone once, I’d argue the table is how it should be and would’ve evened out by now.

The home and away tables are interesting. 8th toughest home fixtures, we've been pants at home. Second easiest away fixtures, we've been great away.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 on 10:02 - Jan 1 with 484 viewsHerbivore

Not too sure about this. We've been to Fleetwood, Coventry and Pompey, between them they've lost 2 home games and one of them was to us. We've already travelled to Peterborough as well.

Trying to rank who has had the toughest fixtures when half the season has been played is a bit odd, I think things tend to even themselves out over such a period. And if home games are generally seen to be easier, the fact we've only played 10 of our 22 games at home is surely significant too?

I think over an opening run of 8-10 games this might be more meaningful but when everyone has played (almost) everyone at least once it has less meaning.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Who Has Had The Toughest Start? December 2019 on 10:39 - Jan 1 with 432 viewsSmithersJones

I like this. It show that even at a point where things should have evened themselves out, they haven’t.
Would be interesting to run the same analysis but using positions in the form table (last 6 games).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024