Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? 20:56 - Dec 9 with 1061 viewsDistantBlue

I left the UK a long while ago. But visit often enough and am geographically close enough to care about my homeland's political future. I, like many, are enduring a week of despair at the prospects of Thursday result.
I work in education and regularly try to find parallels between my familiar working world and, in this case the political world. If Boris Johnson was the head of a school, what sort of school would that be and perhaps more importantly, would it be a school that you would send your own children to? Education is all about trust, trust in the integrity of the teachers, trust in educational content and above all trust in a school's leaders.
I've worked under enough leaders in various school situations to know that Boris Johnson, from what I have seen and read in the last decade, would make a truly abysmal leader of an educational institution. Fortunately, Boris Johnson isn't going to become the head of a school where I work or where mine or anyone else's children are pupils, where they are growing up and trying to understand the world around them. It's a way too responsible post.
Which of course begs the question, how can 43% of the population think he should be leading a whole country?
…..Like I said at the start, a feeling of despair this week.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 20:57]
Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 20:58 - Dec 9 with 1047 viewswkj

I think Boris is a bit like GWB was for the United States, a public face for decision makers in the background.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:04 - Dec 9 with 1017 viewsDistantBlue

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 20:58 - Dec 9 by wkj

I think Boris is a bit like GWB was for the United States, a public face for decision makers in the background.

Maybe.....but I’m not sure it makes me feel any better
Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:06 - Dec 9 with 1006 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What sort of a school would it be?

Fee paying, private, with a very loose curriculum, frequent holidays and tough exams. A British cultural establishment teaching against the dangers of Islam and terror and Marxism and equality. It would teach pupils to value our country and be suspicious of anything foreign. It would also drill into pupils how much better they are than those who attend state schools because they cannot afford to attend his.

Unfortunately with those qualities many of his supporters would send their children there quite willingly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:15 - Dec 9 with 980 viewsDistantBlue

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:06 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

What sort of a school would it be?

Fee paying, private, with a very loose curriculum, frequent holidays and tough exams. A British cultural establishment teaching against the dangers of Islam and terror and Marxism and equality. It would teach pupils to value our country and be suspicious of anything foreign. It would also drill into pupils how much better they are than those who attend state schools because they cannot afford to attend his.

Unfortunately with those qualities many of his supporters would send their children there quite willingly.

I get your point, but a loose curriculum and tough exams are a tricky combi
Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:17 - Dec 9 with 974 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:15 - Dec 9 by DistantBlue

I get your point, but a loose curriculum and tough exams are a tricky combi

Not if you only put some students through them.

I, too, am a teacher and went through the private system. I assure you far too much of what I post above was personal experience.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:23 - Dec 9 with 957 viewsDistantBlue

Would I trust this man to be the head of the my children's school? on 21:17 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not if you only put some students through them.

I, too, am a teacher and went through the private system. I assure you far too much of what I post above was personal experience.

You’re reminding me why I’ve never been tempted to return to UK education!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024