Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Martells - Ipswich band from way back when 09:52 - Dec 6 with 1481 viewsDubtractor

Just heard this on 6 music, and obviously thinking it was ace, did a quick google and was surprised to see they were from Ipswich!

I'm guessing Bluebeat prob knows the lowdown on these?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The Martells - Ipswich band from way back when on 10:11 - Dec 6 with 1444 viewsWeWereZombies

They've got their own web page (of course they have) and seem to be still going:

http://www.themartellslive.com/martellsabout.html

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

The Martells - Ipswich band from way back when on 10:22 - Dec 6 with 1429 viewsfactual_blue

They also covered this

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Martells - Ipswich band from way back when on 11:03 - Dec 6 with 1378 viewsurbanblue

I saw them dozens of times back in the day as they regularly played The Westcliff in Clacton on sea where I did my drinking apprenticeship. The highlight was always their version of East of Edens Jig a Jig which they always finished with ... Awesome.

Jack Jacobs, the main man and guitarist was a skinny guy with long hair wearing all leather and owned Magic Music in Clacton. He looked about 60 then! The rest of the band looked completely different, more like the members of The New Seekers I recall. Quite surreal.

*Sigh* They were wonderful days. Ipswich were one of the best teams in the land then as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024