Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing 22:49 - Dec 4 with 917 viewsonlymehere

I was thinking of getting the world title fight Ruiz v AJ Saturday but when I looked at the price £25 surely no one pays that do they?
Boxing on 23:05 - Dec 4 with 870 viewsMrTown

It’s $100 for something similar stateside - Deontay Wilder etc.

£25 not bad pricing at all. Absolutely cracking evening of entertainment, Dillon Whyte on the undercard and he’s normally headline PPV as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Boxing on 08:52 - Dec 5 with 720 viewsRadlett_blue

Boxing on 23:05 - Dec 4 by MrTown

It’s $100 for something similar stateside - Deontay Wilder etc.

£25 not bad pricing at all. Absolutely cracking evening of entertainment, Dillon Whyte on the undercard and he’s normally headline PPV as well.

US prices are higher because they are trawling a much larger market so they can still find enough punters willing to cough up close to $100. Of course, the buyer often gets a few mates round to watch & they split the cost, making it relatively affordable.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Boxing on 09:34 - Dec 5 with 686 viewsagravenor

Boxing on 08:52 - Dec 5 by Radlett_blue

US prices are higher because they are trawling a much larger market so they can still find enough punters willing to cough up close to $100. Of course, the buyer often gets a few mates round to watch & they split the cost, making it relatively affordable.

Much like when AJ is fighting, the market is larger and they can find enough punters to pay for it. Also, both fighters have big followings in the states now too
Boxing on 09:39 - Dec 5 with 674 viewsfooters

Why? It's just a fiver more than usual.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boxing on 09:57 - Dec 5 with 657 viewsBent_double

On a slightly different note, but the same subject, I watched the end of a BBC program the other day about the AJ/Ruiz fight - I'm not a big boxing fan so it was the first time I had seen the actual coverage of the fight - bit slow, me!

Obviously I'd heard about the result when it happened, but never even seen the winner, Ruiz. Wow, how is that guy even a boxer with a physique like that?

The other thing that struck me - and I've never seen this in a boxing match before - is the fear in AJ's eyes as the match went on, he knew he was beaten and just wanted it to end, but the ref seemed to keep giving him extra recovery time to carry on.

Will be fascinating this weekend, I won't be watching, but if AJ makes the same mistakes again, he's done for.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Boxing on 10:17 - Dec 5 with 623 viewsParky

Hoping we don't need many p!ss stops on the way home from Birmingham/Coventry to get back in time for the AJ fight!
Boxing on 10:22 - Dec 5 with 609 viewsKTBlue

Its usually £19 i think. If you watch itin the pub it will end up costing you that anyway at least, so if you watch it at home, especially with some mates its not an expnsive night. I suppose you have to be a fan of boxing though to justify it.
Boxing on 10:25 - Dec 5 with 597 viewsKTBlue

Boxing on 09:57 - Dec 5 by Bent_double

On a slightly different note, but the same subject, I watched the end of a BBC program the other day about the AJ/Ruiz fight - I'm not a big boxing fan so it was the first time I had seen the actual coverage of the fight - bit slow, me!

Obviously I'd heard about the result when it happened, but never even seen the winner, Ruiz. Wow, how is that guy even a boxer with a physique like that?

The other thing that struck me - and I've never seen this in a boxing match before - is the fear in AJ's eyes as the match went on, he knew he was beaten and just wanted it to end, but the ref seemed to keep giving him extra recovery time to carry on.

Will be fascinating this weekend, I won't be watching, but if AJ makes the same mistakes again, he's done for.

he was basically concussed from the first punch. Hope Ia wrong,but really think Ruiz will win again. Don't be put off by his shape, he is very fast, especailly for a heavyweight, and is a good boxer. If Joshua tries toget involved I think he'll lose. He has to use tactics like he did with Parker (The only person to beat Ruiz as it happens), but not sure he will not be able to stop himself from getting sucked into a brawl.
Login to get fewer ads

Boxing on 10:31 - Dec 5 with 585 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Boxing on 10:25 - Dec 5 by KTBlue

he was basically concussed from the first punch. Hope Ia wrong,but really think Ruiz will win again. Don't be put off by his shape, he is very fast, especailly for a heavyweight, and is a good boxer. If Joshua tries toget involved I think he'll lose. He has to use tactics like he did with Parker (The only person to beat Ruiz as it happens), but not sure he will not be able to stop himself from getting sucked into a brawl.

I agree. He looked even faster in the public workout, I know you cant take much from that, but he looks good.

It is going to be a good fight, but it won't go 12 rounds.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Boxing on 10:33 - Dec 5 with 578 viewsKTBlue

Boxing on 10:31 - Dec 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

I agree. He looked even faster in the public workout, I know you cant take much from that, but he looks good.

It is going to be a good fight, but it won't go 12 rounds.

I don't ike myself for doing it but have money on ruiz to win in rounds 4 to 6.

good undercard as well.
Boxing on 10:36 - Dec 5 with 574 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Boxing on 10:33 - Dec 5 by KTBlue

I don't ike myself for doing it but have money on ruiz to win in rounds 4 to 6.

good undercard as well.

Whyte and Povetkin on the same undercard is mental.

Really like Dillian Whyte but I don't want to see him fight Joshua again wish I think he might.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024