Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... 18:55 - Oct 22 with 2199 viewsDubtractor

Some amusing replies.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 18:57 - Oct 22 with 1562 viewsJakeITFC

This is their plan - make the tweets really bad so people on the left quote reply to criticise.

Hired a firm from an election in Australia to carry it out.
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 18:59 - Oct 22 with 1548 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:00 - Oct 22 with 1544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am sure that will work. I am sure the ERG and remain MPs hadn't thought of that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:00 - Oct 22 with 1540 viewsDubtractor

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 18:57 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

This is their plan - make the tweets really bad so people on the left quote reply to criticise.

But surely anyone reading it (who doesn't agree with it already) will just have their view reinforced that Boris and co are a bunch of weapons.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:03 - Oct 22 with 1529 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:00 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

But surely anyone reading it (who doesn't agree with it already) will just have their view reinforced that Boris and co are a bunch of weapons.

But how can you argue with the logic? Get it done!

Surely the arguments about wanting no deal or wanting to remain are irrelevant.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:25 - Oct 22 with 1480 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 18:57 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

'We're a bit half-arsed and inept, please take the piss' isn't the genius marketing strategy they think it is, I fear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:27 - Oct 22 with 1474 viewsJakeITFC

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:25 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

'We're a bit half-arsed and inept, please take the piss' isn't the genius marketing strategy they think it is, I fear.

I’ve seen this tweet RTd, on here and sent to three separate group chats I’m in.

If their intention is to get it out and about, it’s working. Check their feed - they posted loads of similarly awful looking ones earlier today.
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 1456 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:27 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

I’ve seen this tweet RTd, on here and sent to three separate group chats I’m in.

If their intention is to get it out and about, it’s working. Check their feed - they posted loads of similarly awful looking ones earlier today.

So, LOTS have people have seen that they're half arsed and inept?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:36 - Oct 22 with 1439 viewsJakeITFC

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:32 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

So, LOTS have people have seen that they're half arsed and inept?

Lots of people have seen the message they are pushing, that’s the key thing.
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 1429 viewsSpruceMoose

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:36 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

Mainly bots and people who are already strident Brexiteers though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:39 - Oct 22 with 1421 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ah, yes. Because now we have seen it all those that think it is a poor deal will want to unite to get it done despite it being a poor deal.

It's almost as good as May's Brexit means Brexit. Say it loud enough and often enough and someone will probably think it means something.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 with 1417 viewsBlueBadger

That they're inept and half-arsed?

You do realise that 'marketing' is supposed to make you look NOT inept and half-arsed, right?
come on, it's not hard, otherwise Dolly wouldn't be able to make a living doing it.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 with 1414 viewsActionMan

Why does anyone care? This is playground politics. Look they used a sh1t font. Oh well? They wont deliver anything they promise anyway because they are career liars regardless of what font they used. Anyone who votes Tory, Labour or Lib-Dem and expects things to improve is an outright idiot. A Lib-Lab-Con MP's whole career is based on staying elected and fooling people into voting for them and then delivering nothing when elected blaming the previous Government as to why they don't improve anything.

The perfect crime.
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:42 - Oct 22 with 1408 viewsSpruceMoose

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 by ActionMan

Why does anyone care? This is playground politics. Look they used a sh1t font. Oh well? They wont deliver anything they promise anyway because they are career liars regardless of what font they used. Anyone who votes Tory, Labour or Lib-Dem and expects things to improve is an outright idiot. A Lib-Lab-Con MP's whole career is based on staying elected and fooling people into voting for them and then delivering nothing when elected blaming the previous Government as to why they don't improve anything.

The perfect crime.

Who should we be voting for then? Or should we not vote at all?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:43 - Oct 22 with 1396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

You do realise that 'marketing' is supposed to make you look NOT inept and half-arsed, right?
come on, it's not hard, otherwise Dolly wouldn't be able to make a living doing it.

I think it's the idea there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Their marketing team didn't buy into it last election with the amount they tried to keep May away from the media. Perhaps they have changed their mind. I think there is definitely such a thing as bad publicity.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:43 - Oct 22 with 1394 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:42 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

Who should we be voting for then? Or should we not vote at all?

People not voting in general elections has NEVER led to politicians targeting their messages at increasingly small demographic groups after all.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 1382 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:43 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it's the idea there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Their marketing team didn't buy into it last election with the amount they tried to keep May away from the media. Perhaps they have changed their mind. I think there is definitely such a thing as bad publicity.

It's important to note that Oscar Wilde is reported to have said similar to that BEFORE he was imprisoned.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 1370 viewsSpruceMoose

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:43 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

People not voting in general elections has NEVER led to politicians targeting their messages at increasingly small demographic groups after all.

Indeed.

If you don't like your voting options, organise. Get involved, work to get a candidate on the ballot who you do believe in. Vote for them and try to persuade everyone you know to do likewise. Whatever it is you believe in, be part of a movement that takes steps that brings that into being.

Walking away and disengaging is what they want. That way they can do whatever they like without the weight of the public boot on their throats.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 1370 viewsJakeITFC

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

Do you think I’ve just made this up?
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:53 - Oct 22 with 1347 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:47 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

Do you think I’ve just made this up?

Of course not. I'm just wondering why you're trying to push 'look at us we're incompetent and half-arsed, please take the piss' as some kind of genius marketing strategy. It's not going to change anyone's minds.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 19:59]

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:56 - Oct 22 with 1328 viewsDarth_Koont

Crikey. The state of that ...

Agree there’s probably an effect to be gained but ultimately it’s just confirming that they’ve now weaponised stupidity.

Pronouns: He/Him

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:01 - Oct 22 with 1305 viewsJakeITFC

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:53 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

Of course not. I'm just wondering why you're trying to push 'look at us we're incompetent and half-arsed, please take the piss' as some kind of genius marketing strategy. It's not going to change anyone's minds.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 19:59]

People are clicking, sharing, commenting and everything else. Engagement is the overall aim, and can force the hand of advertising algorithms and the like. It is quite clearly deliberately shiite - all I’m saying is that it’s not good to play whatever games they want us to play.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/05/29/608592/kiwis-who-helped-get-scomo-across-t
FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:03 - Oct 22 with 1298 viewsfactual_blue

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 19:41 - Oct 22 by ActionMan

The perfect crime.

You're a faragista, aren't you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:05 - Oct 22 with 1288 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:01 - Oct 22 by JakeITFC

People are clicking, sharing, commenting and everything else. Engagement is the overall aim, and can force the hand of advertising algorithms and the like. It is quite clearly deliberately shiite - all I’m saying is that it’s not good to play whatever games they want us to play.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/05/29/608592/kiwis-who-helped-get-scomo-across-t

This is like saying that treading in a dog egg is a good thing because you're engaging with the dog-owning community.

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 1234 viewsJakeITFC

FFS. Tories have been hitting the comic sans..... on 20:05 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

This is like saying that treading in a dog egg is a good thing because you're engaging with the dog-owning community.

No, it’s like someone putting dog shiit on the floor deliberately for me to stand in and then I decide to smear dog shiit all over my house and then sending dog shiit to everybody I know in the post for a good laugh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024