Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Mizouni 17:43 - Oct 9 with 3095 viewsMullet

He was my tip for dark horse this season, and on the extended highlights from iFollow he and Dobra really stand out. Is that blue-tinted yoof bias or just the nature of the games?

Both have real drive forward, but El Mizouni looked great when he got inside for Huws' first and his corners have given us a couple of goals now haven't they? Is he likely to force his way in sooner rather than later or do we need to go back to a 4 man defence to fit him in first?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

El Mizouni on 18:13 - Oct 9 with 3006 viewsHerbivore

I reckon he could play in a midfield three but he'd be competing with Nolan and Judge for that slot just ahead of Skuse and Downes. Nolan is playing well so that's a big ask for him. Kid looks a real player though, same with Dobra.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

El Mizouni on 18:35 - Oct 9 with 2943 viewsPilgrimblue

I agree and think he offers more than Dozzzel at the moment. He and Dobra have a lot to offer in coming seasons
El Mizouni on 18:36 - Oct 9 with 2932 viewswkj

We have to get him to sign a long contract. He looks like he could be something really really special. If he keeps his head on straight and stays fit, I can easily see him being one of our greatest ever exports.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

El Mizouni on 18:39 - Oct 9 with 2922 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I liked the little I saw of him last season.

He, Dobra and Woolfenden are very promising for the future for us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

El Mizouni on 18:41 - Oct 9 with 2914 viewsWacko

Would love to see him on loan to a lower league 1 in Jan (if we're still comfortably top)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

El Mizouni on 22:21 - Oct 9 with 2641 viewsSteve_M

He looked a bit lightweight last season but has grown into first team football, that take-down of a living pass and taking two defenders out of game at Burton was class. I think Lambert sees him as a squad player, someone he's comfortable throwing in when needed.

Dobra is a little way behind that I think but would expect to see him more this season too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

El Mizouni on 08:18 - Oct 10 with 2371 viewsKieran_Knows

El Mizouni on 18:36 - Oct 9 by wkj

We have to get him to sign a long contract. He looks like he could be something really really special. If he keeps his head on straight and stays fit, I can easily see him being one of our greatest ever exports.

Still technically has 2 and a half years left here.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/el-mizouni-new-contract-ipswich/

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

El Mizouni on 09:04 - Oct 10 with 2309 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He was very good on Tuesday, much better than the previous EFL Cup game. He ran the show at points. Does still need to work on his corners for me, but glad to see him improving. Him and Dobra both will be in the team in a couple of years if they keep focused.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

El Mizouni on 09:12 - Oct 10 with 2273 viewsKieran_Knows

El Mizouni on 09:04 - Oct 10 by JammyDodgerrr

He was very good on Tuesday, much better than the previous EFL Cup game. He ran the show at points. Does still need to work on his corners for me, but glad to see him improving. Him and Dobra both will be in the team in a couple of years if they keep focused.

Didn't we score from one of his corners?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

El Mizouni on 09:43 - Oct 10 with 2218 viewsJammyDodgerrr

El Mizouni on 09:12 - Oct 10 by Kieran_Knows

Didn't we score from one of his corners?

Yep, immediately after he fluffed the previous one and I made the same comment, and then we scored on the next one. He did still waste a lot, especially in the Spurs U21s game.

El Mizouni on 09:45 - Oct 10 with 2212 viewshoppy

El Mizouni on 18:35 - Oct 9 by Pilgrimblue

I agree and think he offers more than Dozzzel at the moment. He and Dobra have a lot to offer in coming seasons

Wouldn't disagree with that - have been more excited about these two emerging with what I've seen than I have with Andre, who still needs to convince me.

We do have a wealth of talent challenging for places though - needs to be well managed.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

El Mizouni on 09:55 - Oct 10 with 2185 viewsIpswichKnight

El Mizouni on 22:21 - Oct 9 by Steve_M

He looked a bit lightweight last season but has grown into first team football, that take-down of a living pass and taking two defenders out of game at Burton was class. I think Lambert sees him as a squad player, someone he's comfortable throwing in when needed.

Dobra is a little way behind that I think but would expect to see him more this season too.

Agree with that, he made the difference at Peterborough when he came on. I really like what i've seen of Dobra but also admit it's hard to form a proper judgement as he's not played a league game yet against some giant cloggers. I thought it was telling that he's been withdrawn from the Albania U19 squad suspect we may see him on the bench at Stanley next weekend
El Mizouni on 11:45 - Oct 10 with 2058 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Three assists for him against Gillingham and one for Dobra. Very impressive.

The trouble both have is that they are right behind some very established and in form players. There's no way Nolan is getting dropped, and then you've also got Judge and Huws who can play that advanced midfield role.

The advantage Dobra has got is that he can also play as a second striker, so perhaps he could get some more minutes off the bench if either Jackson or Norwood aren't quite at it.

You could make the argument that El Mizouni could slot in as an attacking wing-back too, but I'd only ever take that gamble if we were well ahead in a game.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

El Mizouni on 13:40 - Oct 10 with 1922 viewsbritbiker

I was thinking Lankaster was looking like our best future youth prospect last year. What a shame he had such a bad injury.
El Mizouni on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1877 viewsJammyDodgerrr

El Mizouni on 13:40 - Oct 10 by britbiker

I was thinking Lankaster was looking like our best future youth prospect last year. What a shame he had such a bad injury.

Yep, such a shame and an injury that we cannot really do anything about, just a waiting game. Don't think we'll see him this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024