Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 12:09 - Oct 9 with 8167 viewsitfcjoe

Not saw this mentioned yesterday, thoughts on it?

Think the photos speak for themselves personally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Stokes on 12:11 - Oct 9 with 5160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All a complete load of nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ben Stokes on 12:12 - Oct 9 with 5161 viewswkj

People still think video and photos provide conclusive proof, which is obviously not always the case. One frame of a video can poorly represent what is going on, especially when most CCTV are 30FPS at best.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ben Stokes on 12:28 - Oct 9 with 5079 viewsJ2BLUE

Bullsh1t. Apparently even people there (not sure they were part of their group or people who just happened to be there) with them have backed their story up.

Single snapshot photos don't prove anything here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ben Stokes on 12:32 - Oct 9 with 5049 viewsFPL_Tractor

He’s a scumbag and should be locked up, that Guido Fawkes guy.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Ben Stokes on 12:37 - Oct 9 with 5023 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ben Stokes on 12:28 - Oct 9 by J2BLUE

Bullsh1t. Apparently even people there (not sure they were part of their group or people who just happened to be there) with them have backed their story up.

Single snapshot photos don't prove anything here.

Also people making up stories that are clearly false is counter productive when it comes to valid reports being investigated.

Shameful reporting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ben Stokes on 12:43 - Oct 9 with 4991 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 12:12 - Oct 9 by wkj

People still think video and photos provide conclusive proof, which is obviously not always the case. One frame of a video can poorly represent what is going on, especially when most CCTV are 30FPS at best.

Of course, but if this was one of my friends or my sister I'd want to be having a conversation in confidence with her about this - there are more photos on the story.

Ben Stokes on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 4963 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Maybe his wife is in to that.. who are we to judge.

Its a load of Bs. It is classic journalism to try and knock someone down who is doing well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Ben Stokes on 13:20 - Oct 9 with 4871 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

How is this news?

It's a picture, everybody will have a different interpretation of it as we were not there.

None of our business.

More Brexit and Trump please.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stokes on 13:24 - Oct 9 with 4847 viewsgiant_stow

Ben Stokes on 12:43 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

Of course, but if this was one of my friends or my sister I'd want to be having a conversation in confidence with her about this - there are more photos on the story.

The pics don't look good, but they're not enough to form a proper opinion on. In the absence of anything else, you have to take her at her word.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ben Stokes on 13:30 - Oct 9 with 4792 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ben Stokes on 13:24 - Oct 9 by giant_stow

The pics don't look good, but they're not enough to form a proper opinion on. In the absence of anything else, you have to take her at her word.

I think these sort of pictures play to our prejudices. Ben Stokes won the World Cup and nearly won the ashes, so we give him the benefit of the doubt. If this was a picture of Boris Johnson we’d form a different opinion.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ben Stokes on 13:39 - Oct 9 with 4785 viewsgiant_stow

Ben Stokes on 13:30 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

I think these sort of pictures play to our prejudices. Ben Stokes won the World Cup and nearly won the ashes, so we give him the benefit of the doubt. If this was a picture of Boris Johnson we’d form a different opinion.

Know what you mean.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ben Stokes on 13:40 - Oct 9 with 4785 viewsitfcjoe

Totally agree, and it is especially strange when Stokes would have a violent conviction to his name had the police not bodged the evidence after he knocked someone out in Bristol

Ben Stokes on 13:43 - Oct 9 with 4759 viewswkj

In essence, yes, but personally, I would remain objective as I have here, much as I did when he supposedly had a barney with his missus.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ben Stokes on 13:46 - Oct 9 with 4747 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ben Stokes on 14:02 - Oct 9 with 4681 viewsITFC_Forever

Media are trying to bring Stokes down after he went to town on them a few weeks ago when they were doorstepping his parents in New Zealand about a family tragedy that happened in the late 80s (before he was born).

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ben Stokes on 14:05 - Oct 9 with 4674 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 14:02 - Oct 9 by ITFC_Forever

Media are trying to bring Stokes down after he went to town on them a few weeks ago when they were doorstepping his parents in New Zealand about a family tragedy that happened in the late 80s (before he was born).

The story from Guido is literally saying Fleet Street don't want to publish them - so how is this the media trying to bring him down, when 'the media' who doorstepped his family are now the ones not wanting to publish them?

Ben Stokes on 14:19 - Oct 9 with 4630 viewsITFC_Forever

Ben Stokes on 14:05 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

The story from Guido is literally saying Fleet Street don't want to publish them - so how is this the media trying to bring him down, when 'the media' who doorstepped his family are now the ones not wanting to publish them?

Didn't read /see the Guido story - only what was in the post at the start of the thread.

And I thought I read / heard somewhere yesterday that one of the tabloids were running the pictures, either on-line / in print? (Although I might be wrong on that).

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ben Stokes on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 4533 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 14:19 - Oct 9 by ITFC_Forever

Didn't read /see the Guido story - only what was in the post at the start of the thread.

And I thought I read / heard somewhere yesterday that one of the tabloids were running the pictures, either on-line / in print? (Although I might be wrong on that).

You can see what she means too, with her little squishy face and his obvious public show of affection.

You can almost hear the "coochy coo" soothing voice too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ben Stokes on 15:24 - Oct 9 with 4504 viewsthatdamgood89

Ben Stokes on 12:43 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

And I should hope so to mate but She would then tell you what she’s told the press and you’d shrug and get on with life.

Still photos prove absolutely nothing. The story even says there was no argument it’s a complete hook line sinker way of getting click rates up. There PPC return will be going through the roof today

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Ben Stokes on 15:29 - Oct 9 with 4493 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Stokes on 15:15 - Oct 9 by jeera

You can see what she means too, with her little squishy face and his obvious public show of affection.

You can almost hear the "coochy coo" soothing voice too.

I feel like I'm the only one seeing it, oh well best keep quiet

Ben Stokes on 15:43 - Oct 9 with 4454 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 15:29 - Oct 9 by itfcjoe

Seriously? After reading my post you feel you're alone?

Ben Stokes on 15:51 - Oct 9 with 4432 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 15:24 - Oct 9 by thatdamgood89

And I should hope so to mate but She would then tell you what she’s told the press and you’d shrug and get on with life.

Still photos prove absolutely nothing. The story even says there was no argument it’s a complete hook line sinker way of getting click rates up. There PPC return will be going through the roof today

Pay per click as opposed to selling papers?

So what? This has really become a cynical thing where people seem to have forgotten that front page news also used to be a thing. For over a hundred years and more.

We all hate click bait, but equally can't assume everything that is shown is [just] click bait because it doesn't suit our views.

If I see a pic of a building smashed to pieces in Damascus I don't firstly think, "Oh that's click bait".

Look at the way she is holding his arm. Look at her face.

Would you walk past someone in the street 'playing' with his missus like that, shrugging it off, making poor excuses?

Ben Stokes on 15:53 - Oct 9 with 4423 viewsSikamikanico

Some out of context grainy photos from a website is not proof anything is untoward. Especially when debunked by the "victim".

The website claims there were many witnesses and fails to have any quotes from said people.

It also claims that sports people are never torn down in the press, which is blatantly not true.

So until a somewhat more reputable piece of journalism is completed with actual facts we should take the wife's word for it....
Ben Stokes on 15:54 - Oct 9 with 4418 viewsBluearmy71

The trouble is as with any image an individual sees exactly what they want to!

You can jog videos on a single frame at a time then grab a screen shot turning the most innocent of videos into something damaging to those concerned, whomever took this screenshot has done exactly this and is reaping the reward by everyone talking about it, in order to make any definitive judgement on this screen shot any individual would need to see the whole video!

Its kinda reflection on society as a whole when the assumption that his wife has to be lying on social media when in fact maybe telling the truth, again this all comes down to an individuals opinion!

And as for journalists most of them just look for the bad in everything, especially people in the lime light as this as we all know is what sells/get hits on a site......can you imagine a lovely video of Ben and his wife walking into Mcd's ordered a meal and then just sat down and ate it, rather a non story for the press no matter if its the truth!!
Ben Stokes on 15:54 - Oct 9 with 4412 viewsjeera

Ben Stokes on 15:53 - Oct 9 by Sikamikanico

Some out of context grainy photos from a website is not proof anything is untoward. Especially when debunked by the "victim".

The website claims there were many witnesses and fails to have any quotes from said people.

It also claims that sports people are never torn down in the press, which is blatantly not true.

So until a somewhat more reputable piece of journalism is completed with actual facts we should take the wife's word for it....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024