Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra 09:47 - Oct 9 with 1859 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Sometimes you just see a player a couple of times and immediately know they are going to have some career.

When Dyer came into the team it was obvious he would likely go on to play for England.

Dobra is just one of those players who is going to be utterly brilliant. El Mizouni, Lankester, Dozzell - none of those would shock you if in 5 years they were in the Premier League or equally had careers like Dean Bowditch.

With Dobra there's just that something different. He's got the technical ability, brain, tenacity and he's the first player we've had since Gio that's reminded me of him.

Not suggesting he'll end up at Barcelona, but without bad luck with injures, that boy is going to be an absolute top drawer player.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Dobra on 10:06 - Oct 9 with 1786 viewsWestcountryblue

Might be worth fast tracking him other Rowe and Edwards, whose development has probably peaked.
Dobra on 12:05 - Oct 9 with 1581 viewsmonty_radio

Not sure about that, unless by a career you simply mean that they will end up playing many games at professional level. But players such as Bowditch initially promised greater things than their career subsequently delivered. I think it's especially hard when they're tricksy players to predict their final level as they often get found out through increased exposure and better opponents. A couple of Mick's Irish "finds" eventually demonstrated why no-one else had found them after looking nailed on in the U23 arena.

Kundai Benyu looked really special in his early days, but is still farmed out by Celtic. Having said all that, Dobra does look rather good, and we all hope he makes it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dobra on 12:43 - Oct 9 with 1499 viewsWickets

I think he has every chance of becoming a good player but for me a chance is what it is at the moment although the couple of times i have seen him he did impress . Kundai Benyu has loads of ability but not such a good attitude and i think he was not helped by having his problems with MM as their was only going to be one winner from that .
Dobra on 16:01 - Oct 9 with 1267 viewsclive_baker

He's definitely got talent, but football is fickle and talent isn't always enough. With the style and physicality he has, he'll really need to prove that he is capable of being a regular starter in league action rather than a luxury player, and a lot of that will come down to his attitude and application. I don't know anything about the lad, I'm hoping he's got his head screwed on and I'm sure he has the right people around him to give him the best chance at making it at a good level, but for every Gio there's a lot of Ravel Morrison's (who to be fair has got himself back it seems). Injuries will play a part too, I remember being really excited by Bishop in his breakthrough season, and thinking he might establish himself in the Premier League but clearly he's not had the best luck. He's another who needs to demonstrate they can start 10 consecutive games and firmly be a relied upon regular, rather than a luxury to throw off the bench for 15 minutes. Both have plenty of time to do just that. It's mad the options we have in midfield, you feel something might have to give in Jan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dobra on 16:03 - Oct 9 with 1258 viewschicoazul

el Miz is better.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dobra on 17:50 - Oct 9 with 1133 viewsKeaneish

I did think the same about Georgiou though when he came on against The Dons and he can't get in the side at the moment.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dobra on 17:53 - Oct 9 with 1122 viewsHerbivore

One goal and three assists in three appearances for us, that's a great return and more than some more established attacking midfielders have managed in ten times as many appearances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024