Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spitting Image is back 00:48 - Sep 28 with 1056 viewsStokieBlue

They aren't going to be short of material in our current times:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/28/spitting-image-returns-chao

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Spitting Image is back on 01:54 - Sep 28 with 1011 viewsjeera

Brilliant.

Love the Harry and Megan especially!

And Zuckerburg.

I can't post the images unfortunately.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Spitting Image is back on 09:21 - Sep 28 with 883 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was only thinking about SI yesterday, so must be psychic. I’m wondering if by not having it we’ve forgotten how to laugh at ourselves and our politics (it was mainly about politics). People have become fiercely protective of their ‘side’ to the point of violence. Spitting Image was indiscriminate in its ridicule and we used to take politicians far less seriously. That may be a rubbish theory, but I think it may help ease tensions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spitting Image is back on 09:34 - Sep 28 with 864 viewsmidastouch

Always loved Spitting Image, great memories!
Rory Stewart has got the perfect face to be a fantastic Spitting Image character!
They are going to spoilt for choice for characters to poke fun at in the current climate.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Spitting Image is back on 09:43 - Sep 28 with 847 viewssparks

Spitting Image is back on 09:34 - Sep 28 by midastouch

Always loved Spitting Image, great memories!
Rory Stewart has got the perfect face to be a fantastic Spitting Image character!
They are going to spoilt for choice for characters to poke fun at in the current climate.

They must not make Boris just a blithering buffoon. That would play into the narrative. He must be a blithering buffoon who then slips away to his private dungeon to contemplate and plan, surrounded by 3rd Reich memorabilia...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Spitting Image is back on 10:07 - Sep 28 with 823 viewskpblues

At last !
I've been saying this for ages.

So many characters and situations now for this comedy platform

Great stuff !

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Spitting Image is back on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 786 viewsOldsmoker

The article mentions HBO and the John Oliver writers doing the scripts in the US and the programme recorded in the UK. It will be a mix of US and UK politics but I suspect mainly US.
The Trump character apparently tweets out of his ar*e.
The Putin one is a leather-clad S&M stereotype.
They will probably only introduce new characters as they come into the news for that week.
I'd never heard of Dan Coats until he was sacked from his job as head of National Security and that's going to be the problem for this show - who the hell is that?
I can already imagine the puppets for Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell and Lyndsey Graham. The older double-chinned politicians were never portrayed kindly as their facial features were grossly exaggerated.
Fluck and Law are in their 70's now so it may be their last hurrah.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Spitting Image is back on 11:40 - Sep 28 with 753 viewsTrequartista

"Unlike in the 80s, however, when even obscure members of Thatcher’s cabinet were honoured with their own puppets, Law said he had not been tempted to turn his attentions to British politics’s lower league players this time around."

Disappointing.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Spitting Image is back on 11:58 - Sep 28 with 738 viewsOldsmoker

Spitting Image is back on 11:40 - Sep 28 by Trequartista

"Unlike in the 80s, however, when even obscure members of Thatcher’s cabinet were honoured with their own puppets, Law said he had not been tempted to turn his attentions to British politics’s lower league players this time around."

Disappointing.

I want to see the Liz Truss puppet.
It could destroy her career - and deservedly too.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024