Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walters/Keane 17:29 - Sep 10 with 3112 viewsSwailsey

Am I alone in thinking both of them come out of this looking badly?

A lot of posturing and dcik waving (Keane’s comments about Walters video obviously were terrible).

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Walters/Keane on 17:32 - Sep 10 with 3100 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope, you’re not. They’re behaving like a pair of bellends. Although it’s about time someone stood up to Keane.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Walters/Keane on 17:37 - Sep 10 with 3077 viewswkj

Outside looking in, yes, but from experience of being good at a job and a middle manager attempting to hold back by spite (leapfrog promotion, essentially becoming his boss) I admire Walters for sticking up for what he believes in, and further appreciate him not letting Keane say whatever and giving it the old "i cant remember".

Keane has almost made a career out of Man United shock stories since retiring, so good on Walters for giving as good as he gets to be honest.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Walters/Keane on 17:37 - Sep 10 with 3079 viewsyorkshire

Yeah - I think we all know Keane is a bellend - but Walters isn't really coming off well - talking about offering to fight him outside. I wonder if he is having a bit of a push to raise his media profile?
Walters/Keane on 17:42 - Sep 10 with 3058 viewshampstead_blue

I think that Walters telling us the 'truth' is good.

Having said that, if his side is true, both have behaved like complete children.
There is no excuse for either's behaviour. Pathetic, childish.

For anyone <18 who reads this forum please do not think that this is how you behave at work.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Walters/Keane on 17:46 - Sep 10 with 3038 viewsWickets

Agree its getting boring and childish !
Walters/Keane on 17:51 - Sep 10 with 3016 viewsjas0999

It’s like petulant children squabbling in the play ground!
Walters/Keane on 17:52 - Sep 10 with 3017 viewsSwansea_Blue

Walters/Keane on 17:42 - Sep 10 by hampstead_blue

I think that Walters telling us the 'truth' is good.

Having said that, if his side is true, both have behaved like complete children.
There is no excuse for either's behaviour. Pathetic, childish.

For anyone <18 who reads this forum please do not think that this is how you behave at work.

Yep, very childish.

(For those just starting out, the best thing to do is wipe your old fella around the top of the boss’ mug . Not sure what the girlies do though).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Walters/Keane on 17:55 - Sep 10 with 2997 viewswkj

Walters/Keane on 17:51 - Sep 10 by jas0999

It’s like petulant children squabbling in the play ground!

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Walters/Keane on 17:59 - Sep 10 with 2987 viewsHullblue

Thing is, Walters admits that his behaviour back then was childish. Keane doesn't seem likely to do the same.

I agree that it would have been more dignified of Walters to avoid rising to it, but that Joe podcast/video thing they do is really entertaining (in short bursts).

Somehow they've got ex-pros to open up and tell stories, when previously the attitude was always 'what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room.'

Maybe there was a reason for that, but it's a lot better than listening to the PR-polished stuff we've been hearing for years.

Also what Keane said about Walters' family is so low. I know he's a petty bloke but bloody hell.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Walters/Keane on 18:01 - Sep 10 with 2974 viewswkj

Walters/Keane on 17:52 - Sep 10 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, very childish.

(For those just starting out, the best thing to do is wipe your old fella around the top of the boss’ mug . Not sure what the girlies do though).

Or poking holes through the straws of your foe's um'bongo (2nd reference in under an hour)

Crybaby

Walters/Keane on 08:36 - Sep 11 with 2670 viewsHeathlander

If Jon Walters wrote an autobiography then that would be a cracking read. He wouldn't hold back.
Walters/Keane on 08:51 - Sep 11 with 2637 viewsKieran_Knows

It's getting boring now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Walters/Keane on 10:03 - Sep 11 with 2575 viewsitfcjoe

I think Walters comes out of it worse, everyone knows who Keane is and what he is like - I can't imagine any of Keane's comments have made anyone think any more or less of him.

Walters seems to be trying to cling to his coat tails and court the publicity of it all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walters/Keane on 10:08 - Sep 11 with 2557 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Walters/Keane on 10:03 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

I think Walters comes out of it worse, everyone knows who Keane is and what he is like - I can't imagine any of Keane's comments have made anyone think any more or less of him.

Walters seems to be trying to cling to his coat tails and court the publicity of it all

Right. And trust me there was plenty more that went on at the club at the time that Walters didn’t step in and sort out because so and so was being bullied. All self interest.
Walters/Keane on 10:11 - Sep 11 with 2542 viewsDyland

Yep, very childish.

Don't forget to tell the internet about it. Posting with your real name.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Walters/Keane on 10:15 - Sep 11 with 2525 viewsitfcjoe

Walters/Keane on 10:08 - Sep 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Right. And trust me there was plenty more that went on at the club at the time that Walters didn’t step in and sort out because so and so was being bullied. All self interest.

Even when you listen to his version of events, it's effectively our club captain forcing a move away from the club by whatever means necessary - if it wasn't against Keane who people love to hate then it wouldn't be getting laughed off.

People think Keane is the devil for making Walters send through a picture of him being sick when he all this is going on and he says he is ill and doesn't want to travel to Exeter on a Tuesday night - hardly a great leap to suggest he was faking it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walters/Keane on 10:15 - Sep 11 with 2524 viewsDyland

Walters/Keane on 10:03 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

Agree with the last bit, but not that Walters comes out of it any worse. Trying to force a move away from Town is obviously not great for us fans, but I can't see he did anything wrong or even unusual. And it comes back to who was managing us at the time as much as anything, and reminds me of the Counago comment to Keane "How are we going to win anything with you as the manager", which makes me lol every time.

Walters/Keane on 10:18 - Sep 11 with 2512 viewsDyland

Walters/Keane on 10:15 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

Even when you listen to his version of events, it's effectively our club captain forcing a move away from the club by whatever means necessary - if it wasn't against Keane who people love to hate then it wouldn't be getting laughed off.

People think Keane is the devil for making Walters send through a picture of him being sick when he all this is going on and he says he is ill and doesn't want to travel to Exeter on a Tuesday night - hardly a great leap to suggest he was faking it

But it WAS against Keane.

Who's to say Walters wouldn't have behaved differently if we weren't being managed by someone who, well, couldn't manage.

I hear your point but you're giving Keane far too much slack.

Walters/Keane on 10:41 - Sep 11 with 2475 viewsBiGDonnie

Yep, very childish.

I can confirm this is great advise.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Walters/Keane on 10:42 - Sep 11 with 2476 viewsBiGDonnie

Walters/Keane on 10:11 - Sep 11 by Dyland

Don't forget to tell the internet about it. Posting with your real name.

This not so much!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Walters/Keane on 11:01 - Sep 11 with 2442 viewsDyland

Walters/Keane on 10:42 - Sep 11 by BiGDonnie

This not so much!

:)

Walters/Keane on 11:42 - Sep 11 with 2376 viewsRobTheMonk

Pablo did it better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024