Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. 17:53 - Aug 20 with 2372 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What a brilliant week of signings. Be amazed if anything but a tiny minority are not happy with the calibre we have brought in.

If told during atart of Window out business would be:

Keane
KVY
Norwood
Georgiou
Holy
Norris
Wilson
Przybek

added to Judge signing perm (and then fighting off QPR) youn would have to be pleased. Huws is also like a new signing.

Maybe a bigger name CB but i'm quite satisfied with Wilson.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 17:57 - Aug 20 with 2331 viewshampstead_blue

I would have taken a better CB than Wilson but apart from that it's been a really good window.

It looks like PL's tactic of talking publicly has paid off.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 17:57 - Aug 20 with 2330 viewsGarv

It’s definitely satisfactory in that it hasn’t disrupted our squad too much but we’ve also plugged some big gaps.

I agree, a better, uglier centre half would be nice. I haven’t seen enough of Wilson to judge though.

Hopefully the Spurs lad will be good enough because I think we’ll need him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 17:58 - Aug 20 with 2326 viewspositivity

yes, good stuff, would still like another organiser centre-back (in the mould of taylor/elliott etc), but it's a minor quibble.

we could rotate him with chambers! (or maybe skuse will work his way back there as the midfielders return to full fitness?)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 18:18 - Aug 20 with 2160 viewsKTBlue

Missed off garbutt as well
Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 2114 viewsEastTownBlue

We will be wondering for a while how much impact Lambert’s press conference about signings has had.
Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 19:15 - Aug 21 with 1929 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 18:18 - Aug 20 by KTBlue

Missed off garbutt as well

Great point. The squad we've put together is going to stand us in great stead in the last 3rd of the season. Allows us to finish stronger then most with some good rotation during the season.

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 19:23 - Aug 21 with 1893 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Yeah they've done good work by the looks of things, very impressive day of announcements yesterday. Not being too greedy as I don't expect it to happen but would love to see a left back and that would be that as far as I'm concerned.
Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 20:37 - Aug 21 with 1720 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 19:23 - Aug 21 by shouldistayorcounago

Yeah they've done good work by the looks of things, very impressive day of announcements yesterday. Not being too greedy as I don't expect it to happen but would love to see a left back and that would be that as far as I'm concerned.

My Spurs mate seems to think Georgiou is destined for left back. He has been tried there including this pre-season for spurs. Think he might be too effective for us further forward but an interesting one. Could interchange with Garbutt....I think mainly his versatility to do that probably means Lambert won't need another LB.

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 20:44 - Aug 21 with 1674 viewsN2_Blue

I'm absolutely delighted.
These signings with the emergence of Woolfenden (who i thought was superb in that cup match v Palace a couple of years ago) and more especially Downes mean we have a great looking first 11, but also some serious strength in depth for this division. Our bench every week is going to look rather decent and this could be telling, in the way in made such a difference yesterday

I love Lambert's passion and energy for us, but it remains to be seen how good a manger he is for us, however i really think he is only going to get better with this squad at his disposal and once he realises his best formation and the personnel to match i do not see us being beaten too often this season

I didn't think we'd finish top 2 before start of season, but I really think we could win the division now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 12:42 - Aug 22 with 1338 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Hats off to Lambert/Evans and all involved. on 20:37 - Aug 21 by Terry_Nutkins

My Spurs mate seems to think Georgiou is destined for left back. He has been tried there including this pre-season for spurs. Think he might be too effective for us further forward but an interesting one. Could interchange with Garbutt....I think mainly his versatility to do that probably means Lambert won't need another LB.

Yeah I could see that, I think Georgi and Garbz would be a frightening left wing whichever way you played them - I just get this sinking feeling with Kenlock (although he massively picked up once Georgiou came on) - we shall see, not given up on him but that would be my suggestion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024