Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me 20:56 - Aug 13 with 4464 viewsActionMan

Or does losing to Luton regardless of respective levels or competition still feel like being kicked in the goolies?
Is it just me on 20:58 - Aug 13 with 4104 viewsWallingford_Boy

Correct.

The sort of team we should be able to at least compete with!

RIP Sir Bobby

Is it just me on 21:00 - Aug 13 with 4077 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This x 100

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me on 21:00 - Aug 13 with 4080 viewsActionMan

Is it just me on 20:58 - Aug 13 by Wallingford_Boy

Correct.

The sort of team we should be able to at least compete with!

We're Ipswich Town ffs! I am sick to death of losing, especially against clubs we should have left in the dust years ago.
Is it just me on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 4064 viewsBLUEGOLD

Is it just me on 21:00 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

We're Ipswich Town ffs! I am sick to death of losing, especially against clubs we should have left in the dust years ago.

Thanks Marcus
Is it just me on 21:02 - Aug 13 with 3998 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is it just me on 21:00 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

THREE!

RIP Sir Bobby

Is it just me on 21:03 - Aug 13 with 3979 viewsBent_double

Doesn't seem to matter who we play, or who plays for us, we're just gutless. 3-0 down to Luton FFS.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Is it just me on 21:08 - Aug 13 with 3814 viewsfloridaboy

Is it just me on 21:03 - Aug 13 by Bent_double

Doesn't seem to matter who we play, or who plays for us, we're just gutless. 3-0 down to Luton FFS.

Several on that field have not done their reputations any favours tonight. I include in that Dozzell and Judge.

Two players who were being chased by other clubs and who were denied the chance to probably talk to them clubs!!
Is it just me on 21:09 - Aug 13 with 3794 viewssparks

Instinctively, my reaction is the same.

However- 10 changes... in a squad fit for a division lower. With various players making debuts and others coming back after layoffs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me on 21:10 - Aug 13 with 3748 viewsnorth_stand77

Just dont get why we are playing such a weakened team. It can't help moral to always get knocked out of cups in first round surely? It certainly hasn't helped us in the past God knows how many years!

Why didn't we play Norwood?
Fed up of this cycle of playing a weakened team, despite needing to get some momentum going for the season.
Is it just me on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 3723 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

This maybe the point where results for every game become make or break for the fans and lambert!
Is it just me on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 3714 viewsVaughan8

What do you expect?

Playing 1 up front who isnt really a striker, the rest are mostly youth players or aren't fit (so effectively a pre season game for them!)

I think this just proves we need a few more reinforcements, starting with another striker
Is it just me on 21:13 - Aug 13 with 3657 viewsActionMan

Is it just me on 21:09 - Aug 13 by sparks

Instinctively, my reaction is the same.

However- 10 changes... in a squad fit for a division lower. With various players making debuts and others coming back after layoffs.

It's just the press speak that annoys me. We get told we'll take cups seriously again, we get told we need to build a winning mentality and then we go and field a side that plays like that against a fairly poor Championship side. I mean we just don't have any self respect as a club, I understand that we don't have a big squad filled with quality but some of those players have played regularly in the Championship, some are rated and just look. We've not even tried.
Is it just me on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 3614 viewspointofblue

Is it just me on 21:13 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

It's just the press speak that annoys me. We get told we'll take cups seriously again, we get told we need to build a winning mentality and then we go and field a side that plays like that against a fairly poor Championship side. I mean we just don't have any self respect as a club, I understand that we don't have a big squad filled with quality but some of those players have played regularly in the Championship, some are rated and just look. We've not even tried.

Arguably we couldn't afford to try - if we had the likes of Huws, Judge, Nolan and Edwards fully fit and Bishop, Lankester and Sears out of the physio room then we could mix and match far more effectively but we're not in that position at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is it just me on 21:15 - Aug 13 with 3596 viewshaynes_toe1

Cant even use the excuse of us playing a weakened team because Luton are doing exactly the same! If we are this far away from them, it's not a great sign.
Is it just me on 21:19 - Aug 13 with 3535 viewsActionMan

Is it just me on 21:14 - Aug 13 by pointofblue

Arguably we couldn't afford to try - if we had the likes of Huws, Judge, Nolan and Edwards fully fit and Bishop, Lankester and Sears out of the physio room then we could mix and match far more effectively but we're not in that position at the moment.

But we shouldn't be in a position where so many players are injured, it's got past the point of reasonable wear and tear. Who else has had this many injuries ongoing for what 3 or 4 years! Is it because we're hanging onto too many injury prone players, signing duds because we're paying so poorly and thus are recruitment pool is that poor we have to take punts on those with a history or a mixture of both?
Is it just me on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 3490 viewsjas0999

Depressing stuff.
Is it just me on 21:23 - Aug 13 with 3483 viewspointofblue

Is it just me on 21:19 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

But we shouldn't be in a position where so many players are injured, it's got past the point of reasonable wear and tear. Who else has had this many injuries ongoing for what 3 or 4 years! Is it because we're hanging onto too many injury prone players, signing duds because we're paying so poorly and thus are recruitment pool is that poor we have to take punts on those with a history or a mixture of both?

I have to wonder whether our physio work should be questioned - are they not picking up minor injuries quick enough so they develop further before being treated? Is the recouperation period accurate and being completed correctly? Are we scrimping in that regard too?

Let's be honest - the only reason the likes of Bishop and Huws are still with us is because of their injury record. Had they played more than they missed they would have moved on by now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is it just me on 21:28 - Aug 13 with 3444 viewsActionMan

Is it just me on 21:23 - Aug 13 by pointofblue

I have to wonder whether our physio work should be questioned - are they not picking up minor injuries quick enough so they develop further before being treated? Is the recouperation period accurate and being completed correctly? Are we scrimping in that regard too?

Let's be honest - the only reason the likes of Bishop and Huws are still with us is because of their injury record. Had they played more than they missed they would have moved on by now.

It's baffling. It has to be something we're doing wrong for it to be this consistent a problem. Just what have we become, it's utterly soul destroying.
Is it just me on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 3413 viewspatrickswell

Is it just me on 21:23 - Aug 13 by pointofblue

Indeed, and where might we be if they had played more matches? I think if McCarthy had been able to get more game time out of them in 2017-18, we would have made the top 6 that season.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:44]
Is it just me on 21:47 - Aug 13 with 3355 viewspatrickswell

I would just say though that Luton have rode a huge wave of momentum in the last 2 years. We are still trying to get our own going.
Is it just me on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 3342 viewsMullet

Is it just me on 21:47 - Aug 13 by patrickswell

I would just say though that Luton have rode a huge wave of momentum in the last 2 years. We are still trying to get our own going.

We've been sat in a puddle. Mostly of our own piss and tears.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is it just me on 21:51 - Aug 13 with 3287 viewspatrickswell

Is it just me on 21:48 - Aug 13 by Mullet

We've been sat in a puddle. Mostly of our own piss and tears.

It’s indicative of the era that I saw Dobra had scored and by all accounts played well, only to find myself thinking, “I bet he forks his Achilles up in a few months’ time...”
Is it just me on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 3244 viewsActionMan

Is it just me on 21:51 - Aug 13 by patrickswell

It’s indicative of the era that I saw Dobra had scored and by all accounts played well, only to find myself thinking, “I bet he forks his Achilles up in a few months’ time...”

I am half expecting Norwood, who was scoring for fun before we signed him to go several months without netting any because that's how Ipswich is. We don't get any luck!
Is it just me on 22:34 - Aug 13 with 3117 viewsHatter46

Get over yourself fellah, not like it hasn`t happened to you before .
It was only our 2nd string though
Is it just me on 22:55 - Aug 13 with 3044 viewsSouperJim

Is it just me on 22:34 - Aug 13 by Hatter46

Get over yourself fellah, not like it hasn`t happened to you before .
It was only our 2nd string though

We've lost 21 of our last 25 cup games, you're nothing special.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024