Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was really excited for this season 13:59 - Aug 2 with 2702 viewsgeg1992

And had planned to go to many away days. Scrapped that idea now, feel so negative about this season and can’t really see the point if the owner doesn’t seem to care. I’ve long supported Evans but at this point he really needs to find a new buyer, he has clearly given up on trying to create something good here.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Was really excited for this season on 14:02 - Aug 2 with 2054 viewsSpruceMoose

You've only just realised this? You should still go. Away days are always a laugh.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Was really excited for this season on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 2053 viewssuffolkpoker

The bookies have us as 2# Fav's to win the league.

I personally think we have the best 3 attacking players in this league in Norwood, Jackson and Sears. Granted Sears is injured but will come back in a few months.

I also think we have the best midifled by a long way.

We easily have enough in this squad to bounce back first time.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Was really excited for this season on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 2020 viewsgeg1992

Was really excited for this season on 14:02 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

You've only just realised this? You should still go. Away days are always a laugh.

I honestly thought he might put some money back from the sell on fees as surely us being in the 3rd tier is bad for everyone involved.

I’ll still go to some such as Peterborough but I had planned to go to most. I’ve inatead booked to go to the Far East on holiday. Better way to spend my pennies!

Was really excited for this season on 14:07 - Aug 2 with 2012 viewschicoazul

Was really excited for this season on 14:03 - Aug 2 by suffolkpoker

I personally think we have the best 3 attacking players in this league in Norwood, Jackson and Sears. Granted Sears is injured but will come back in a few months.

Norwood is unproven, Sears is injured, Jackson was a horrendous failure last season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Was really excited for this season on 14:07 - Aug 2 with 2004 viewsgeg1992

We have got a good attack on paper, but they’re so lightweight. Many teams will set up ultra defensive against us as I can’t see how we will break them down without height and strength.

Our defence needs addressing, and I feel we lack a commanding prescense in midfield.

Was really excited for this season on 14:08 - Aug 2 with 2004 viewsKieran_Knows

No slight on you, but what exactly was you excited about? Other than Norwood, nothing this pre-season has got me excited for the season ahead. Same sh*t, different summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Was really excited for this season on 14:08 - Aug 2 with 1998 viewsgeg1992

Was really excited for this season on 14:07 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Norwood is unproven, Sears is injured, Jackson was a horrendous failure last season.

From watching pre season, Jackson seems to be much better suddenly! We shall see...

Was really excited for this season on 14:10 - Aug 2 with 1982 viewsartsbossbeard

Was really excited for this season on 14:08 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

No slight on you, but what exactly was you excited about? Other than Norwood, nothing this pre-season has got me excited for the season ahead. Same sh*t, different summer.

Huws looks like a new signing to me.

Thought he was class v Cambridge (I know) and Chambers has alluded to him being the best player in the league (injury free).

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the Sunderland game.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Was really excited for this season on 14:10 - Aug 2 with 1983 viewsgeg1992

I just thought we may win a few matches and play some nice football.

Was really excited for this season on 14:10 - Aug 2 with 1983 viewssuffolkpoker

Norwood has got 20+ goals in the last 5 or 6 seasons.
Thats proven goals, he is the bookies fav for golden boot... obv the bookies agree with me ;)

Jackson's pace will be a huge threat in this league. He is in the top 10# for golden boot...

Sears will be back in 3 months and season not even started.

Was really excited for this season on 14:12 - Aug 2 with 1960 viewsSpruceMoose

Was really excited for this season on 14:10 - Aug 2 by geg1992

I just thought we may win a few matches and play some nice football.

We still may buddy boy, we still may

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Was really excited for this season on 14:12 - Aug 2 with 1962 viewssuffolkpoker

Norwood and Jackson are both on banging goals in for fun.
Also Judge can be easily one of the best in this league.

Was really excited for this season on 14:12 - Aug 2 with 1959 viewsKieran_Knows

Was really excited for this season on 14:10 - Aug 2 by artsbossbeard

Huws looks like a new signing to me.

Thought he was class v Cambridge (I know) and Chambers has alluded to him being the best player in the league (injury free).

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the Sunderland game.

I must admit, I haven't been to any pre-season games so haven't seen Huws in action, but it has been good to read he has came through all the games, so fingers crossed he stays fit for the majority of the season. As Chambers said, I genuinely believe he could be the best in this division.

As for looking forward too, I think I'm just looking forward to the p*ss up before and after the Sunderland game. I presume JW will be with you that day?

Was really excited for this season on 14:16 - Aug 2 with 1927 viewsartsbossbeard

Was really excited for this season on 14:12 - Aug 2 by Kieran_Knows

I must admit, I haven't been to any pre-season games so haven't seen Huws in action, but it has been good to read he has came through all the games, so fingers crossed he stays fit for the majority of the season. As Chambers said, I genuinely believe he could be the best in this division.

As for looking forward too, I think I'm just looking forward to the p*ss up before and after the Sunderland game. I presume JW will be with you that day?

Yep, I owe him a beer or two, so he'll deffo reel that in!

MIght see you there then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Was really excited for this season on 14:17 - Aug 2 with 1914 viewsKieran_Knows

Was really excited for this season on 14:16 - Aug 2 by artsbossbeard

Yep, I owe him a beer or two, so he'll deffo reel that in!

MIght see you there then.

Ha, I'm sure he will! Yes, should be seeing him at some point so probably see you then.

Was really excited for this season on 14:18 - Aug 2 with 1909 viewsSwansea_Blue

Was really excited for this season on 14:08 - Aug 2 by geg1992

From watching pre season, Jackson seems to be much better suddenly! We shall see...

I only saw Jackson about 4 times in the flesh last season and thought he looked bright each time. He's not a poacher, but is mobile across the front line and will work fine with someone like Norwood. I think he'll be fine.

We learnt nothing new from Lambert's interview. Nothing's changed. We know we haven't had much in the way of signings and they've been on the cheap. We know that we've key players out injured.

What we don't know is how the players we've got left will get on. No point worrying at this stage - I'm more excited at seeing how they will get on. I'll moan a bit more if we're rubbish through the first few games.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was really excited for this season on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 1834 viewsIllinoisblue

how old are you?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Was really excited for this season on 14:43 - Aug 2 with 1792 viewsclive_baker

Pull yourself together FFS. The absolute state of some of our fans is embarrassing. Paul Lambert looked a bit annoyed in a press conference, so what? He's made his point, now we all need to get on with supporting the team.

We've still got the same players we had yesterday (+ an addition) so how about we look at the positives? Let's get a good start to the season tomorrow and work to get Chambers, Nsiala, Nolan, Lankester and Edwards back to fitness firstly. Bishop, Sears and Nydam to follow.

Even of the players that are fit, in Judge, Norwood, Dozzell, Huws, Downes etc. we've got the basis of a very competitive front 6, and an opportunity to hand Woolfy a chance to make the centre back spot his own for years to come.

I'm absolutely pumped for tomorrow, 1,700 Town fans will be there and hopefully singing their hearts out.

COYB

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Was really excited for this season on 15:28 - Aug 2 with 1691 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

That's the spirit!
Was really excited for this season on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 1670 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwood could be good in this league but isnt proven at this level

How on earth do you conclude Jackson is in the top 3 attacking players in the league? Embarrassing.
Today's blubfest on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 1633 viewsBobbychase

Was really excited for this season on 14:43 - Aug 2 by clive_baker

Pull yourself together FFS. The absolute state of some of our fans is embarrassing. Paul Lambert looked a bit annoyed in a press conference, so what? He's made his point, now we all need to get on with supporting the team.

We've still got the same players we had yesterday (+ an addition) so how about we look at the positives? Let's get a good start to the season tomorrow and work to get Chambers, Nsiala, Nolan, Lankester and Edwards back to fitness firstly. Bishop, Sears and Nydam to follow.

Even of the players that are fit, in Judge, Norwood, Dozzell, Huws, Downes etc. we've got the basis of a very competitive front 6, and an opportunity to hand Woolfy a chance to make the centre back spot his own for years to come.

I'm absolutely pumped for tomorrow, 1,700 Town fans will be there and hopefully singing their hearts out.

COYB

Is off the scale. Truly, a large part of our fanbase left their common sense and rational thinking behind this summer.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Was really excited for this season on 15:39 - Aug 2 with 1624 viewsitfcjoe

Enjoy the days out mate, it may be rubbish but we'll win more than we lose this year and you'll create some great memories.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was really excited for this season on 18:18 - Aug 2 with 1522 viewsBlueBadger

I'm wholly unconvinced by Lambert but letting a presser ruin your whole season is frankly, pathetic.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Was really excited for this season on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 1475 viewsBloomBlue

As supporters we have good and bad periods, as a Man City fan said the other day "this period is extra special only because I remember L1"

I dont see why fans are negative I'm very excited about playing all the youths, it reminds me of that Sir Bob period. We never knew if the youths would be good or bad but as fans we had pride in the fact we would have 50%+ of our team made up of players we had discovered and developed.

Go and watch and enjoy the supporting of this great club and stick that chest out with pride as OUR youths give you something to sing about.
Was really excited for this season on 19:56 - Aug 2 with 1388 viewssuffolkpoker

Was really excited for this season on 15:30 - Aug 2 by haynes_toe1

Norwood could be good in this league but isnt proven at this level

How on earth do you conclude Jackson is in the top 3 attacking players in the league? Embarrassing.

I said the best front 3 in the division.

We have 3 players in the top 15. 2 in the top 10 odds for golden boot and favourite.

Bookies also agree with me

#Embarrassing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024