Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure I understand the maths around the targets Lambert wanted 12:18 - Aug 2 with 441 viewsDarth_Koont

1. Either we had the money to look for them or we didn't.
2. If we did have a pot, is it that none of the deals could be brought in within the transfer and wages range we'd set out beforehand?
3. Why didn't we go for two and pay over the odds accepting the injury crisis had changed the situation?
4. Why didn't we sell Judge if numbers were a more pressing issue?

All feels a bit messy and unclear. But of course underneath it all we're seeing that money has got even tighter with relegation and the drop in revenue. And presumably tighter because we also spent far much more than we wanted to last season, both under Hurst and when Lambert came in.

There is no excuse for the lack of transfer activity if it's down to a lack of a cohesive strategy and communication between Evans and the footballing side of things. But if it's purely budgetary then we might need to get used to it. This is where we are.

Added to which ... while people say Evans should push the boat out, whenever he's done that we've gone backwards or at least weakened our long-term position. From Magilton to Keane, Jewell, Hurst and, based on last season, Lambert.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not sure I understand the maths around the targets Lambert wanted on 12:22 - Aug 2 with 413 viewshampstead_blue

It's such a tangled mess.

It seems to me the ME won't back common sense strategies. He didn't back MM, back PH with a crazy idea, won't back PL.
Bonkers. The bloke has it the wrong way around. He should back the likes of MM and PL.

PL, like MM has told us how it is. We shouldn't be surprised but I feel distraught. I feels like someone took the plug out of my 'optimism' bag and it's all drained out.

Help!

(Is it too early to start drinking?)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Not sure I understand the maths around the targets Lambert wanted on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 356 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure I understand the maths around the targets Lambert wanted on 12:22 - Aug 2 by hampstead_blue

It seems to me the ME won't back common sense strategies. He didn't back MM, back PH with a crazy idea, won't back PL.
Bonkers. The bloke has it the wrong way around. He should back the likes of MM and PL.

PL, like MM has told us how it is. We shouldn't be surprised but I feel distraught. I feels like someone took the plug out of my 'optimism' bag and it's all drained out.

Help!

The sun is well over the yardarm so go for it if it helps.

I'm not sure football does common sense very well. This is an industry where "normal" is still way outside your means. But I take your point - Evans does seem to have given backing at the wrong times and denied it at others, even if that does seem to have been a lot down to bad luck given the number of managers he backed.

And I don't think Mick was that dependent on cash injections, seeming almost to prefer the stability of a budget that wasn't boom or bust. Maybe the real trick is to get managers who don't see transfer cash as the be all and end all of success.

Still, there's time and now the opportunity for Lambert to show what he really can do. I think a lot of the frustration was also because he doesn't appear to be a fan of pre-season. At least, that's coming to an end now and we all may feel a lot better at 5 o'clock on Saturday. And if we feel worse then at least we'll have something to base that on.

Pronouns: He/Him

(Is it too early to start drinking?) on 12:43 - Aug 2 with 321 viewsDyland

Not sure I understand the maths around the targets Lambert wanted on 12:22 - Aug 2 by hampstead_blue

Help!

eh?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024