Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... 07:35 - Jul 27 with 2713 viewswkj

Preseason has made me look like a fool, lets hope he carries this form through to the end of the season, and maybe then he'll be ready for the Championship if he takes us up. I still think it was a poor transfer at the time, and we'd have been way smarter holding on to Waghorn and/or Garner, but c'est la vie, can't fantasise about playing the cards we weren't dealt.

TIL: Admitting error or that one was wrong on the internet really isn't as difficult as people make it out to be.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:02 - Jul 27 with 2637 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good lad.

I have always said that I think Jackson will do a good job in L1, let's hope the pre season form continues into the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:37 - Jul 27 with 2583 viewsbilllm

I was pretty much with you, thought he was pants, to big a step up,one of my mates said he will end up being a good player for town, had to laugh,I always wanted to keep Harrison,not so sure either now,
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:41 - Jul 27 with 2567 viewssparks

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:37 - Jul 27 by billlm

I was pretty much with you, thought he was pants, to big a step up,one of my mates said he will end up being a good player for town, had to laugh,I always wanted to keep Harrison,not so sure either now,

Too early to say.

We plainly overpaid, significantly. His record is very ordinary indeed.

Lets hope he finds his best form in a settled side at this lower level.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:49 - Jul 27 with 2545 viewsstrikalite

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:02 - Jul 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good lad.

I have always said that I think Jackson will do a good job in L1, let's hope the pre season form continues into the season.

I've always backed him, his service has been dreadful, he's snatched at a few chances here and there but that's understandable, he's athletic, very quick and what I like about him is that he's just got on with it and worked his socks off, that's why he's still here..

When he scores a few he'll relax and start enjoying it no doubt, he'll look a different player with confidence...
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:02 - Jul 27 with 2513 viewschristiand

Like most goal-scorers he needs that self confidence and belief, if Jackson gets that he’ll have a good season. He’s certainly doing his bit during pre-season, so fingers crossed this continues and he hits the back of the net at regular intervals. Personally, in the right formation, with good service he’d be able to step back up to the Championship and flourish.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:03 - Jul 27 with 2509 viewslmfcblue

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 08:49 - Jul 27 by strikalite

I've always backed him, his service has been dreadful, he's snatched at a few chances here and there but that's understandable, he's athletic, very quick and what I like about him is that he's just got on with it and worked his socks off, that's why he's still here..

When he scores a few he'll relax and start enjoying it no doubt, he'll look a different player with confidence...

agree.. also need to play to his strengths which isn't being isolated up front with his back to goal. Play him in a 2 with some good service and he'll score a good amount in this league. Important he gets off the mark early then his confidence will grow.
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:06 - Jul 27 with 2497 viewsjudespiveyg

I think playing alongside Norwood will do him a world of good as he would on occasion have a decent substitute performance when he was an extra striker, it was just painfully clear he couldn't play with his back to goal.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:11 - Jul 27 with 2480 viewsbraveblue

His big problem was being isolated up front on his own. Same may happen this season.
Login to get fewer ads

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:22 - Jul 27 with 2448 viewsclive_baker

I was (and still am) with you in truth. Nothing would make me happier than him rattling in goals this season but I don’t rate him particularly, and I’ll take more than a couple of goals against a dire Colchester defence in pre season to change that. He’s got bags of pace, which is such an asset if used properly and he’s shown he can finish. My issue with him last season was more around his touch and movement when dropping in deep, but I do think they’re things that can be worked on and hopefully have been. I don’t think he’s naturally the best footballer we’ll see but he can perhaps get away with it due to his pace. A lot of quick players aren’t because they’ve never needed to be. It’s your Magilton’s, Bullard’s and Currie’s that tend to excel there because they’ve lacked a yard of pace and had to compensate.

L1 will be kinder to him, but I still remain doubtful that he’ll ever prove himself at a higher level, but frankly that’s not important right now. He he proves to be a goal scorer at L1 level, that’ll do for me as long as he shows it over the next 10 months.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Indeed on 09:37 - Jul 27 with 2396 viewsDyland

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:06 - Jul 27 by judespiveyg

I think playing alongside Norwood will do him a world of good as he would on occasion have a decent substitute performance when he was an extra striker, it was just painfully clear he couldn't play with his back to goal.

He hasn't got a great touch has he. Running on to balls from a strike partner is another matter. Theoretically at least him and Norwood could work quite well together.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Indeed on 09:44 - Jul 27 with 2374 viewsclive_baker

Indeed on 09:37 - Jul 27 by Dyland

He hasn't got a great touch has he. Running on to balls from a strike partner is another matter. Theoretically at least him and Norwood could work quite well together.

Especially if we can get Dozzell & Judge firing in behind them, they’ve both got a lot quality on the ball and can pick a pass.

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:48 - Jul 27 with 2362 viewsBigManBlue

Not thinking about if he'll make the step up just yet, but his pace will be more noticeable in this division, especially against bottom half teams.

As other have said, his touch is relatively poor so we should really be looking to have him running onto balls rather than playing hold-up to maximise his talents.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I purposefully didn't mentoin those boys ;) on 09:52 - Jul 27 with 2353 viewsDyland

Indeed on 09:44 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

Especially if we can get Dozzell & Judge firing in behind them, they’ve both got a lot quality on the ball and can pick a pass.

ntsh

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 10:12 - Jul 27 with 2301 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:22 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

I was (and still am) with you in truth. Nothing would make me happier than him rattling in goals this season but I don’t rate him particularly, and I’ll take more than a couple of goals against a dire Colchester defence in pre season to change that. He’s got bags of pace, which is such an asset if used properly and he’s shown he can finish. My issue with him last season was more around his touch and movement when dropping in deep, but I do think they’re things that can be worked on and hopefully have been. I don’t think he’s naturally the best footballer we’ll see but he can perhaps get away with it due to his pace. A lot of quick players aren’t because they’ve never needed to be. It’s your Magilton’s, Bullard’s and Currie’s that tend to excel there because they’ve lacked a yard of pace and had to compensate.

L1 will be kinder to him, but I still remain doubtful that he’ll ever prove himself at a higher level, but frankly that’s not important right now. He he proves to be a goal scorer at L1 level, that’ll do for me as long as he shows it over the next 10 months.

Am very confident that you are wrong.

You have to remember Keifer Moore and an aging Brett Pitman scored goals for fun in L1.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

And he, and others.. on 10:12 - Jul 27 with 2305 viewsBobbychase

Will get fouled a lot in the attacking third - Jackson because of his pace, Dozzell, Huws, Rowe, Edwards and Nolan because of their skills and trickery.

Which is why having good set-piece delivery is so important this season and we need players like Judge and Garbutt who won't waste opportunities in the way that, for example, Grant Ward, has been guilty of over the years.

We also now have three good options (Huws, Garbutt and Judge) for scoring direct from free kicks on the edge of the box. Could be very important this season.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 10:13]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 10:22 - Jul 27 with 2253 viewsGarv

Think it’s always been the case that, while he wasn’t up to it in the championship, he could easily end up ripping up L1. Obviously yet to be proved as pre season is no real indicator but he has shown glimpses of his qualities, plus he’s The kind of striker we’ve lacked for years and years so we should be looking forward to watching him against inferior opposition.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 10:38 - Jul 27 with 2213 viewslmfcblue

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 09:22 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

I think with his touch etc it wasnt helped playing in a team with Zero confidence. A number of times players were stumbling on the ball at times. Hopefully we get a good start with Jackson scoring a few and then see what hes all about.
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 12:59 - Jul 27 with 2045 viewsclive_baker

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 10:12 - Jul 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Am very confident that you are wrong.

You have to remember Keifer Moore and an aging Brett Pitman scored goals for fun in L1.

Brett Pitman is / was a very, very good footballer to be fair.

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 13:35 - Jul 27 with 1974 viewsActionMan

When we lose pre-season means nothing and when we win it means everything. Jackson coming good could be brilliant but he should be scoring against Colchester and Notts County though shouldn't he?
As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 13:49 - Jul 27 with 1942 viewswkj

As one of Jackson's biggest critics... on 13:35 - Jul 27 by ActionMan

When we lose pre-season means nothing and when we win it means everything. Jackson coming good could be brilliant but he should be scoring against Colchester and Notts County though shouldn't he?

It may be sounding cheesy, but everything means everything to me with Ipswich. I feel more responsible to adapting my expectations and changing what gives me joy. Jackson has shown signs of being more confident and more responsible for leading the charge than being a deer in the headlights for 'big bad Ipswich'

Preseason results don't mean very much, but how players move, pass and instill creativity does, and Jackson has shown signs of having a lot more potential than I saw last season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024