Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR squad + Judge 08:32 - Jul 26 with 1295 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I was just checking QPR's squad and their line up for the previous two friendlies. Except for the GK and back 4, they're a team I think will struggle with a lack of quality and depth in midfield & forward areas. They've made 11 signings this window - 3 loans, 7 on a free, and 1 for a fee (the GK from Colchester). Out of the 11, 1 is a forward on loan from Brighton.

Despite pulling in £6.5m for Luke Freeman and Darnell Furlong, and whatever the fee for Matt Smith was, that money isn't being spent perhaps how you'd expect it to given their use of the market so far.

What's most interesting, they don't actually have a recognised striker at the club (correct me if I'm wrong). They've experimented with Ebere Eze, and a lad called Oteh up top in pre season. Neither are established strikers.

I can't see them coughing up the money for Judge without signing a couple of strikers at the club first. We've learnt the hard way from not having a recognised striker, and find ourselves in the division below. Wouldn't surprise me if QPR follow.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I can't see QPR matching the value we've set for Judge given their two bids that have been no where near.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

QPR squad + Judge on 08:51 - Jul 26 with 1199 viewsSuperblue95

We’ve always had recognised strikers. A lot of them in recent years have just been crap

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

QPR squad + Judge on 08:55 - Jul 26 with 1171 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Slap a price on his head. Say £1mil
Then they pay or don’t
Judge knows he is wanted by us

The only concern is qpr ‘s wage compared to ours and he probably only has 3 yrs left in football
QPR squad + Judge on 08:58 - Jul 26 with 1151 viewstrncbluearmy

Do wonder if Judge is getting some poor advice here.
qpr are a basket case that look odds on to go down,
they will be playing in front of crowds less then ours and have nowhere near our potential as long as our owner and sidekick get their damn acts together.

He needs to pull his finger out and honour his word
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 8:58]
QPR squad + Judge on 08:59 - Jul 26 with 1132 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

QPR squad + Judge on 08:51 - Jul 26 by Superblue95

We’ve always had recognised strikers. A lot of them in recent years have just been crap

We had Sears who was familiar to the Championship, but Harrison and Jackson weren't. It was too late by January to solve that problem.

Difference is, QPR don't seem to have a recognised striker at all who's played a considerable amount of games at a professional level.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

QPR squad + Judge on 09:03 - Jul 26 with 1102 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

QPR squad + Judge on 08:55 - Jul 26 by BtreeBlueBlood

Slap a price on his head. Say £1mil
Then they pay or don’t
Judge knows he is wanted by us

The only concern is qpr ‘s wage compared to ours and he probably only has 3 yrs left in football

I would be very surprised if our valuation is below 7 figures. I think it would be different had Judge not signed a deal in April.

That said, I agree with how Ipswich are playing this - we don't need to tell QPR what our value is on Judge. It's clear he's rated highly by Lambert, the players and fans. The ball is in their court. If they want Judge, come and pay the money we think he's worth and the rest will play out.

I'm not sure if the wage will be too much different to what he'd be on here - I think the geographic pull is the biggest factor in all of this.

QPR squad + Judge on 09:06 - Jul 26 with 1083 viewsNotSure

Remember we signed Judge on a free from Brentford and they will probably get 20% of any future transfer fee. Add in the signing on free and any money paid to his agent and there won't be much left if we sell him for 500K.

Wouldn't be surprised to find a minimum release clause fee in there as well.
QPR squad + Judge on 09:09 - Jul 26 with 1069 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

QPR squad + Judge on 08:58 - Jul 26 by trncbluearmy

they will be playing in front of crowds less then ours and have nowhere near our potential as long as our owner and sidekick get their damn acts together.

The alarm bells have been ringing for QPR for a while, and I think this season will be an uncomfortable ride for their fans. I don't think it has helped that they've gone and strengthened their London rivals, Millwall, with a very strong target man too who will cause a few problems.

I can't see fan favourite & academy product Ebere Eze being vacated for Judge either. Imagine that wouldn't be taken so lightly...

QPR squad + Judge on 09:09 - Jul 26 with 1060 viewsBobbychase

QPR squad + Judge on 09:03 - Jul 26 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I would be very surprised if our valuation is below 7 figures. I think it would be different had Judge not signed a deal in April.

That said, I agree with how Ipswich are playing this - we don't need to tell QPR what our value is on Judge. It's clear he's rated highly by Lambert, the players and fans. The ball is in their court. If they want Judge, come and pay the money we think he's worth and the rest will play out.

I'm not sure if the wage will be too much different to what he'd be on here - I think the geographic pull is the biggest factor in all of this.

There might be some family stuff going on behind the scenes, we don't know. But as an ITFC fan the club comes first before the interests of any player so for me he's in a very well-paid profession and has options for making travel etc easier that us normal folk don't.

From our point of view this is like buying a house. You don't sell one without another one lined up to move into. We shouldn't sell unless a replacement is waiting in the wings - particularly with Bishop out injured again.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR squad + Judge on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 935 viewsKeaneish

Yep, agreed. Said as much on another thread and QPR fans are saying the same. They're running a much tighter ship that end now and Judge's resale value won't exceed what we're asking for. He's staying in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

QPR squad + Judge on 10:13 - Jul 26 with 777 viewsWestcountryblue

I really hope we keep him.

In a central role, i can see him scoring plenty at this level and providing quality service to Norwood et al.

Here, he will be an indispensable member of tbe team, whereas at QPR he will have to establish himself. At 30, I'd prefer I'd the former option
QPR squad + Judge on 10:20 - Jul 26 with 737 viewsiamipswich

QPR squad + Judge on 08:58 - Jul 26 by trncbluearmy

I can see the attraction from his point of view to be honest.

1) They'll be telling him he will get game time now that Freeman has gone.
2) He'll be playing Championship football instead of League 1 - enhancing his chances with the National team.
3) He'll be making thousands of pounds a week more than what he's on here.
4) He will be able to continue to live in the same place and not uproot his young family.

If we're honest, if we were in the same position (and not ITFC fans) then we would be tempted by the move too. Judge should recognise that we have helped get his career going again and there should be some sense of loyalty to us, however in his head, the above points probably outweigh what he owes to us.

Poll: Who will return first?

QPR squad + Judge on 10:39 - Jul 26 with 666 viewstrncbluearmy

QPR squad + Judge on 10:20 - Jul 26 by iamipswich

I can see the attraction from his point of view to be honest.

1) They'll be telling him he will get game time now that Freeman has gone.
2) He'll be playing Championship football instead of League 1 - enhancing his chances with the National team.
3) He'll be making thousands of pounds a week more than what he's on here.
4) He will be able to continue to live in the same place and not uproot his young family.

If we're honest, if we were in the same position (and not ITFC fans) then we would be tempted by the move too. Judge should recognise that we have helped get his career going again and there should be some sense of loyalty to us, however in his head, the above points probably outweigh what he owes to us.

not sure about any of that really

already been told that playing in 3rd div. will not harm chances for int.football
guaranteed 1st team football here in what should be a successful season or struggling in a poor qpr team
he`s on good money here,that`s why he signed the new contract so quickly qpr have not got two pennies to rub together he will be on a bit more but not 000`0s per week

Ipswich is very convenient for London and much nicer.

Given the choice I would honour my word
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024