Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results 13:16 - Jul 16 with 1988 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/7126497b-fb51-46fd-9078-88b5b5982fb0

Accrington beat Marseille 2-1 last week. A strong Marseille side!

Last season Walsall beat Ajax 2-0. The same Ajax that went on to miss out on a Champions League final with the last kick of the SF!

Notts County went to a strong Juventus team and drew!

We merely lost to teams two divisions higher in one of the strongest European leagues.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:26 - Jul 16 with 1938 viewsWD19

Good old TWTD. Getting would up about stuff that never happened.

I haven't seen anyone getting upset by the results. Recurring patterns and themes, yes....but not the actual results in isolation.
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:29 - Jul 16 with 1921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You forgot Leyton Orient 6, Newcastle 1 back in 2009. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The results aren't really the issue.... on 13:37 - Jul 16 with 1906 viewsBloots

....or at least they shouldn't be.

We had this discussion last year. I remember watching them at Barnet last pre season and they were awful, same at Braintree. I can't even remember the scores, but I remember us being terrible.

You expect to see some cohesion in preseason, despite what a lot of people say, it's not "just about fitness".

We need to go into the season with some sort of plan, some idea of what our first team will look like.

We've got 3 friendlies left, we need to make use of them and not go into the season not even knowing who our keeper is.

Just saying.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The results aren't really the issue.... on 13:43 - Jul 16 with 1867 viewsActionMan

The results aren't really the issue.... on 13:37 - Jul 16 by Bloots

We had this discussion last year. I remember watching them at Barnet last pre season and they were awful, same at Braintree. I can't even remember the scores, but I remember us being terrible.

You expect to see some cohesion in preseason, despite what a lot of people say, it's not "just about fitness".

We need to go into the season with some sort of plan, some idea of what our first team will look like.

We've got 3 friendlies left, we need to make use of them and not go into the season not even knowing who our keeper is.

Just saying.

We looked like a relegated side at Braintree last year - which was the real worry but people shot it down as nothing result. The squad then was clearly not up to it even that early on.
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:44 - Jul 16 with 1861 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:26 - Jul 16 by WD19

Good old TWTD. Getting would up about stuff that never happened.

I haven't seen anyone getting upset by the results. Recurring patterns and themes, yes....but not the actual results in isolation.

Plenty of people on the new comments, a few on the forum and away from TWTD, on Facebook and Twitter have been quite adamant that conceding goals to a decent Bundesliga side means we are doomed this season.

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:49 - Jul 16 with 1834 viewsWD19

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:44 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Plenty of people on the new comments, a few on the forum and away from TWTD, on Facebook and Twitter have been quite adamant that conceding goals to a decent Bundesliga side means we are doomed this season.

ah.....News comments, Facebook and Twitter.....

.....you see what you did there!? I hope you have learnt from the experience.
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 1823 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:49 - Jul 16 by WD19

ah.....News comments, Facebook and Twitter.....

.....you see what you did there!? I hope you have learnt from the experience.

'A few on the forum'.

A post on the forum aimed at some people who post on the forum. What a shocking move.

Of course, those who follow ITFC on social media are banned from reading TWTD too I suppose.

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:10 - Jul 16 with 1767 viewsWD19

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 13:51 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

'A few on the forum'.

A post on the forum aimed at some people who post on the forum. What a shocking move.

Of course, those who follow ITFC on social media are banned from reading TWTD too I suppose.

Not banned. They just struggle with the reading bit.
Login to get fewer ads

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:11 - Jul 16 with 1765 viewsVaughan8

Yeah cos Ajax had all their first team out...…………! 2 of the semi final team played so not really their full team.....

Also Marseille lost to Rangers 4-0 the other day so they clearly aren't very good atm.

Not sure anyone is getting their knickers in a twist are they. Surely these are just pointing out that we should have done better against Dusseldorf? haha
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 14:55]
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:46 - Jul 16 with 1700 viewsGarv

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:11 - Jul 16 by Vaughan8

Yeah cos Ajax had all their first team out...…………! 2 of the semi final team played so not really their full team.....

Also Marseille lost to Rangers 4-0 the other day so they clearly aren't very good atm.

Not sure anyone is getting their knickers in a twist are they. Surely these are just pointing out that we should have done better against Dusseldorf? haha

In fairness, we were missing Nolan, Judge and Edwards. Three likely starters.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:49 - Jul 16 with 1687 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:11 - Jul 16 by Vaughan8

At no time in pre-season have we played anything like our best team.

It's been mixed XI's in the first and second halves of the two (three) matches so far with a mix of first team players and kids.

So we've not had our first team out either. Juventus, Ajax and Marseille had teams with half their starters in too.

Why should we do better against Dusseldorf? They are a mid-table side in the second / third strongest league in world football. We are in the third division of English football. To lose a half by 3 goals in those circumstances is not exactly embarrassing.

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 1659 viewsVaughan8

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:49 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

At no time in pre-season have we played anything like our best team.

It's been mixed XI's in the first and second halves of the two (three) matches so far with a mix of first team players and kids.

So we've not had our first team out either. Juventus, Ajax and Marseille had teams with half their starters in too.

Why should we do better against Dusseldorf? They are a mid-table side in the second / third strongest league in world football. We are in the third division of English football. To lose a half by 3 goals in those circumstances is not exactly embarrassing.

Sorry my point was, this is highlighting bigger teams losing to smaller teams, therefore surely highlighting we should have done better against Dusseldorf? (its just a light hearted comment. Nothing too serious.)

Ajax losing to Walsall isn't the same as Us losing to Dusseldorf. So not really sure what the relevance is.

I don't actually think we know what the best team is!
For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 15:10 - Jul 16 with 1641 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:54 - Jul 16 by Vaughan8

Sorry my point was, this is highlighting bigger teams losing to smaller teams, therefore surely highlighting we should have done better against Dusseldorf? (its just a light hearted comment. Nothing too serious.)

Ajax losing to Walsall isn't the same as Us losing to Dusseldorf. So not really sure what the relevance is.

The point I was making was that if A European giant can lose to a third tier team, then it's fine for a third tier team to lose to a team from one of Europe's top leagues.

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 15:23 - Jul 16 with 1606 viewsRadlett_blue

For those getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results on 14:54 - Jul 16 by Vaughan8

We're playing various combinations in 45 minute matches FFS!.
We've 3 more pre season friendly games & I hope to see some sign of a preferred XI & a formation & while I am concerned about the defence, it's early days.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The results aren't really the issue.... on 15:38 - Jul 16 with 1580 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The results aren't really the issue.... on 13:37 - Jul 16 by Bloots

Just saying.

100% this.

I remember watching Keane's preseason in Ireland and it being very obvious that there were issues.

Last year at Barnet I thought the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024