Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) 19:52 - Jul 13 with 8142 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 19:57 - Jul 13 with 3449 viewsfabian_illness

Was a cracking program on TV the other night called ‘8 days to the moon and back’.
Well worth a watch.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:02 - Jul 13 with 3431 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 19:57 - Jul 13 by fabian_illness

Was a cracking program on TV the other night called ‘8 days to the moon and back’.
Well worth a watch.

I am a sceptic, will it sway me?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:06 - Jul 13 with 3427 viewsfabian_illness

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:02 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Might help you make up your mind, but it may confuse you even more.
A lot of original footage along with actors acting out some of the scenes.
I enjoyed it, was the first thing in ages that had me engrossed and not reaching for a phone or iPad halfway through.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:12 - Jul 13 with 3414 viewssundaze

More poignantly, half a century since a certain young 36 year old was appointed manager of Ipswich Town FC.
Bobby Robson, never been replaced, never to be forgotten, those of us that were lucky enough to have witnessed his magic, were truly blessed.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:12 - Jul 13 with 3412 viewsSarge

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:02 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Go see Apollo 11 at the cinema! It’s brilliantly made and as a sceptic, will make it considerably more difficult for you to continue wilfully ignoring facts and science.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:15 - Jul 13 with 3403 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:12 - Jul 13 by Sarge

Go see Apollo 11 at the cinema! It’s brilliantly made and as a sceptic, will make it considerably more difficult for you to continue wilfully ignoring facts and science.

;-)

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:15 - Jul 13 with 3400 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:06 - Jul 13 by fabian_illness

Might help you make up your mind, but it may confuse you even more.
A lot of original footage along with actors acting out some of the scenes.
I enjoyed it, was the first thing in ages that had me engrossed and not reaching for a phone or iPad halfway through.

"Original footage..."

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:16 - Jul 13 with 3392 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:12 - Jul 13 by sundaze

More poignantly, half a century since a certain young 36 year old was appointed manager of Ipswich Town FC.
Bobby Robson, never been replaced, never to be forgotten, those of us that were lucky enough to have witnessed his magic, were truly blessed.

Actually, I'm getting sceptical that any of that era of success happened too.....

Login to get fewer ads

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:27 - Jul 13 with 3370 viewsfabian_illness

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:15 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

"Original footage..."

Yep, original footage of NASA ground control communicating with blokes in space suits who where in a pretend space ship in a warehouse a couple of miles down the road.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:28 - Jul 13 with 3361 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:27 - Jul 13 by fabian_illness

Yep, original footage of NASA ground control communicating with blokes in space suits who where in a pretend space ship in a warehouse a couple of miles down the road.

Ah, I get ya!

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 13 with 3335 viewsjeera

I just made a "cup of coffee".

The time is now "20:39".

"Tomorrow" is "Sunday".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 13 with 3311 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 13 by jeera

I just made a "cup of coffee".

The time is now "20:39".

"Tomorrow" is "Sunday".

"OK". ;-)

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 13 with 3302 viewsjeera

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

"OK". ;-)

To be fair, I have often thought that it's too remarkable an achievement for its era to be true, but then I look at the things that have been accomplished since and I think the same thing of those too.

So I have faith and look on in amazement.

But then, if I'm totally honest I've spent the past 15 minutes trying to open one of those bags that seal with a zip thing across the top.

The zipper came off and the bag is sealed tight.

Each time I've tried to put the thing back on and use it, I've just sealed the top even tighter.

So I'm probably not the most technologically advanced person on the forum.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:57 - Jul 13 with 3287 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 13 by jeera

To be fair, I have often thought that it's too remarkable an achievement for its era to be true, but then I look at the things that have been accomplished since and I think the same thing of those too.

But then, if I'm totally honest I've spent the past 15 minutes trying to open one of those bags that seal with a zip thing across the top.

Each time I've tried to put the thing back on and use it, I've just sealed the top even tighter.

Your first sentence sums up my position really.

I'm not a denier, just a sceptic.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:58 - Jul 13 with 3281 viewsjeera

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:57 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

No advice on the bag then.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 21:06 - Jul 13 with 3266 viewsMelford

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 13 by jeera

The Beta Band know the score

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 13 with 3174 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 20:57 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was a truly remarkable feat of engineering. To imagine it was fictitious flies in the face of so much evidence.

It is even now a truly remarkable feat of engineering that there are people living in orbit now and have been for over 20 years.

The money invested in achieving them is phenomenal and the technology has always been cutting edge. Do you believe in the ISS?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 3154 viewseireblue

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was a truly remarkable feat of engineering. To imagine it was fictitious flies in the face of so much evidence.

It is even now a truly remarkable feat of engineering that there are people living in orbit now and have been for over 20 years.

The money invested in achieving them is phenomenal and the technology has always been cutting edge. Do you believe in the ISS?

Indeed, scepticism would imply full knowledge of all evidence, but to still have doubts.

I think most people that suggest they have doubts, are not really aware of the evidence.

And, in some respect, are being somewhat disrespectful to the thousands of people that made it happen.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:04 - Jul 13 with 3126 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I do believe in the ISS.

I'm just dubious about landing on the moon 50 years ago when technology was relatively primitive.

If it's so easy to do, why have we not been back for 37 years?

Just dubious, that's all.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:05 - Jul 13 with 3118 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 22:49 - Jul 13 by eireblue

Indeed, scepticism would imply full knowledge of all evidence, but to still have doubts.

I think most people that suggest they have doubts, are not really aware of the evidence.

And, in some respect, are being somewhat disrespectful to the thousands of people that made it happen.

Well, we all have our opinions.

I'm sceptical, you're not. That's ok.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:08 - Jul 13 with 3114 viewsWarhurst

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:04 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I do believe in the ISS.

I'm just dubious about landing on the moon 50 years ago when technology was relatively primitive.

We haven't been back as it's very expensive to do so and there is not much scientific knowledge to gain, at least compared to a manned mission to Mars.
Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:13 - Jul 13 with 3097 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:08 - Jul 13 by Warhurst

We haven't been back as it's very expensive to do so and there is not much scientific knowledge to gain, at least compared to a manned mission to Mars.

If it was possible with limited tech 50 years ago, why is it so expensive and difficult now... and we have no idea what scientific knowledge we have to gain.

Like I say, I'm just sceptical. That's ok.

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:15 - Jul 13 with 3094 viewsMelford

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:04 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I do believe in the ISS.

Don't say that to Buzz

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:25 - Jul 13 with 3080 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:15 - Jul 13 by Melford

Don't say that to Buzz

Guilty conscience.

Have you seen Buzz's twitter feed... it's very random for an 89 year old hero...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1145509423948926983

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:28 - Jul 13 with 3073 viewsMelford

Half a century since the "moon landings" ... (n/t) on 23:25 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Guilty conscience.

Have you seen Buzz's twitter feed... it's very random for an 89 year old hero...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1145509423948926983

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024