Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This will be quite some road trip 10:30 - Jul 9 with 492 viewsStokieBlue

Not the main reason for the road which is obviously goods from China (hopefully eventually with electric trucks) but I suspect it might become quite a popular road trip if they make visas easier to get and there are some support roads into the other countries in the region.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/russia-meridian-highway-mot

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This will be quite some road trip on 10:57 - Jul 9 with 451 viewsWeWereZombies

Still think I would rather travel it by one of the Trans-Siberian rail routes, more seriously - is this Russia getting in on the 'One Belt, One Road' project. Or are they starting one of their own.

Whilst it is good to have another alternative to the rail route and the Suez Canal for goods traffic my immediate concern is whether this new route will aid deforestation in Siberia (was it you who posted on the worrying plan to start exploiting the World's largest carbon dioxide processor a few weeks ago?)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

This will be quite some road trip on 11:12 - Jul 9 with 431 viewsStokieBlue

This will be quite some road trip on 10:57 - Jul 9 by WeWereZombies

Still think I would rather travel it by one of the Trans-Siberian rail routes, more seriously - is this Russia getting in on the 'One Belt, One Road' project. Or are they starting one of their own.

Whilst it is good to have another alternative to the rail route and the Suez Canal for goods traffic my immediate concern is whether this new route will aid deforestation in Siberia (was it you who posted on the worrying plan to start exploiting the World's largest carbon dioxide processor a few weeks ago?)

No, I didn't post that although illegal logging in Siberia is rampant anyway (along with fishing etc).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024